Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Artillery Kislev.

Baron_RobbaneBaron_Robbane Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 496
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
1 artillery piece. I know its a new faction but where are the organ guns and cannons seen in their last army book? Just fyi im in love with 95 procent of the roster just expected a simple artillery piece along side little grom.
And Katharina lacking a sleigh.
Team Wood Elves
Post edited by Baron_Robbane on

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    Ice elves dont need artillery.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Alongside Boris' corpse I'd imagine.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,049
    They have to keep a few things for futur DLC.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,527
    More stuff for DLC! It’s awesome!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456

1 artillery piece. I know its a new faction but where are the organ guns and cannons seen in their last army book?

They didn't have army book

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Baron_RobbaneBaron_Robbane Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 496
    ArneSo said:

But a cannon and organ reskin feels like a bad dlc.
    Team Wood Elves
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    ArneSo said:

Never heard the prospect of having to pay extra for something as "awesome" but that's me.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,287

ArneSo said:

Well, I don't know, what if there were other things in the DLC too?

ArneSo said:

Well who says it will be a reskin?
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456

ArneSo said:

They might get one of them but if they get arty it will most likely be a new addition from GW

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,461
    Bolt thrower was the only Dwarf dlc.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 5,062
    What army book? You mean their 2004 army supplement? That never got touched afterwards? They probably ended up in the same 20 year old graveyard.

Having said that wouldn't doubt if at somepoint in time we see a big grom to go along with little grom. Super sized much less mobile cannons to fill that gap.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,067
    Helhound said:

What army book? You mean their 2004 army supplement? That never got touched afterwards? They probably ended up in the same 20 year old graveyard.

Having said that wouldn't doubt if at somepoint in time we see a big grom to go along with little grom. Super sized much less mobile cannons to fill that gap.

I would prefer a light artillery, tracted by horses. Like in Napoleon TW. It would fit Kislev playstyle ten times better.

But we shall see in a few years lol
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    Pr4vda said:

Helhound said:

I would prefer a light artillery, tracted by horses. Like in Napoleon TW. It would fit Kislev playstyle ten times better.

Would be fitting for an Erengrad themed LP.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    Pr4vda said:

Helhound said:

You mean Galloper Gun

• ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    Hopefully nowhere. All the other kislev units allow for a great control of the battlefield through mobility, spells, skirmishing and effects like frostbite. No flying units and limited artillery seems good design to me.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    They did have Orugan cannons on the lore, I'd expect them to come in a dlc then
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,357
    I doubt they will get more power in the artillery department - seems an intentional departure to preserve one of the strengths of the Empire

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• Kebab_manKebab_man Registered Users Posts: 565
    they will get more artillery via dlc I'm sure, however for the playstyle they want to set of a highly mobile force with a hybrid infantry core is well suited to later have a more desire build to come in later, I'm happy with the roster, while it's not giant, khorne has a very big roster already and there's reason to believe the other monogods will to, so a smaller roster isn't a big deal so long as cathay isn't particularly small
  • NyumusNyumus Registered Users Posts: 279
    Having some Culverin Cannons dragged by horses (high mobility, singles target/cavalete killer) or organ Guns (anto infsntry one) would bê nice, with Little Heim being something similar to the VCoast unique cannon, since the lore of It suggests that only a few were left.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,447
    kislev is mobile roster so even its arty is mobile
    BsFG dwarf
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,550

kislev is mobile roster so even its arty is mobile

Then maybe give us a horse drawn cannon that's lower tier? Why must the only artillery available in Kislev be a magic ice cannon?

If you're going to mention redundancy and unit bloat, then let me show you the skaven, high elf and lizardman roster.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955

ArneSo said:

It worked for VCoast and will work again for Kislev DLC.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,677
    edited June 2021
    indeed, this is probably the weirdest thing. Artillery doesn't even need expensive models or animations.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,954
    ArneSo said:

The lore blurb for the Little Grom said they had 12 cannons, but lost most of them.

ArneSo said:

Never heard the prospect of having to pay extra for something as "awesome" but that's me.
    It's not even the money, we are not sure if we'll get those DLC. Maybe WH3 flops and support gets cut short. So we're left with half a roster...

Hopefully nowhere. All the other kislev units allow for a great control of the battlefield through mobility, spells, skirmishing and effects like frostbite. No flying units and limited artillery seems good design to me.

Artillery is kinda of a russian meme. Even now they have the strongest self-propelled guns in the world.
  • AethelstanAethelstan Registered Users Posts: 332
    A normal artillery piece would make little grom feel more special in comparison. But with the explanation CA gave for the lack of artillery I think they’ve written themselves into a corner somewhat.
    Now then, what's going on 'ere? I'll have no more o' this!

Very good point. Static artillery doesn’t really fit into the Kislev roster and would feel out of a place.

I‘m surprised that we didn’t get War Sleds with Mortars tho.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    I suppose they have chosen to remove most of the artillery to differentiate Kislev from the Empire.

They have chosen to turn Kislev into an army focused on adaptability and traditional artillery is not very adaptable, so they only have one piece of artillery which has much more mobility than artillery usually has because it is positioned on a sled pulled by Bears.

Anyway you don't need a lot of artillery options you just need one good option.