Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Anyone wonders why the pre-order race is kept so secret by the marketing team?

KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,674
On one side my thinking is ''ok it's secret, you'll find out in time''

On the other hand, they mentioned that we will find out more about it ''very soon''.

Am I the only one confused about the mixed messages?

Comments

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,430
    It’s probably not ready to be shown yet.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,464
    You aren't.
    Their marketing has been pretty spotty and nonsensical at points, and it feels like this is just another instance where they should have really considered what they were saying at the time.

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,674
    Bonutz said:

Which makes sense...except my thinking is regarding the secrecy of even mentioning what the race is.
  • TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 321
    Still getting GW approval for the roster, maybe.

Or otherwise have worked out a news schedule with GW and the agreed on date was later than they anticipated at the time.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    Very soon. A bear faction probably :D
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,838
    Because they are following their marketing schedule.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,180
    It's because they want to make people rush that last minute OMG BUY NOW FOR THE DISCOUNT! bit and get locked into the purchase.

If they wait in revealing it, it will make these people more mentally unhinged by the time it's finally released and thus more likely to make a snap impulse purchase of it.

It's basically teasing the frugal crowd and capitalizing on those who don't want to feel left out but would otherwise not join in without it.

Blame psychologists.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 238
    The marketing has been spotty and I have mentioned it before.

My take is that it has something to do with the fact we still don't have a clear release date. Worst case scenario it's gonna be Cyberpunk all over again. Best case, it's an elaborate Tzeentchian scheme. What do you think is more likely?

But I personally will buy the game all DLC's with actual content eventually. It's just a matter of when and if on a Steam sale. Get me hyped, CA! Cuz BF 2042 is doing it better atm
  • Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 151
    Once they do reveal what the preorder is these forums will be on fire!!!

Everyone has very strong opinions on what the preorder should or shouldn't be. No one wants their "favorite" race to be the preorder because they think that they will get shafted.

I haven't preordered yet, but it's not because of what the race will be. It is just my principles that I don't preorder any game anymore. You can still get the race pack after release.
  • aeshmiaeshmi Registered Users Posts: 114
    Because game is likely not out until November and theres no rush.

For comparison Norsca was announced i think only about 6 weeks before it was released for Total War Warhammer 1 - so its not surprising they've not unveiled the preorder race yet.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,267
    I think they’re saving it for when the excitement lowers after the latest Lord Pack release.

These bumps in ‘excitement’ adds to pre order sales.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    Well in 2 week they will start the silence and fury marketing so dont expect anything until the DLC is released.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,718
    Why dont you get a masters degree to find it out?

Checkmate.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,844
    Asking you to pre-order without revealing the pre-order is certainly an interesting move.

Anyways, unless CA reveal it soon and give us the most amazing of pre-orders known to man, I'm afraid Metroid and SMT 5 will get my money this winter. So I'll get TWWH3 later, probably when they reveal the first campaign pack, they often do sales around there.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 748
    KronusX said:

Bonutz said:

Which makes sense...except my thinking is regarding the secrecy of even mentioning what the race is.
    Just stating the race ahead of time would ruin the big reveal when the trailer drops. The anticipation is also an important tool of marketing. Spoiling everything before the trailers ruins that.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 337
    IMO make more sense announce a pre order, who will not be playable at release later than sooner, because this could make some people say"If the race is already on work or done why make a preorder, this is a day one dlc", but im just guessing here
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,325
    It's just CA being needlessly secretive. Pretty usual, although this seems to be even worse when it comes to WH3.

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    Neodeinos said:

It's just CA being needlessly secretive. Pretty usual, although this seems to be even worse when it comes to WH3.

Whilst atleast they didn't pull a skaven again like WH2 they've definitely been more secretive. I think the game being further out and them not being sure if they are going to hit their targets whilst Covid is still ongoing plays a part in it.

Part of me even wonders if the 3K support dropping backlash has made them retreat a bit and try and wait a bit before revealing the pre-order or the release date
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 980
    It's because they know the Hobgoblin Khanate is the best race ever and it'll make all the other reveals seem disappointing in comparison.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 1,419
    ArneSo said:

Everyone has very strong opinions on what the preorder should or shouldn't be. No one wants their "favorite" race to be the preorder because they think that they will get shafted.

I haven't preordered yet, but it's not because of what the race will be. It is just my principles that I don't preorder any game anymore. You can still get the race pack after release.

aeshmi said:

For comparison Norsca was announced i think only about 6 weeks before it was released for Total War Warhammer 1 - so its not surprising they've not unveiled the preorder race yet.

I think they’re saving it for when the excitement lowers after the latest Lord Pack release.

All of these.
    No grand conspiracy, apart from them wanting your money.
    🧝‍♀️
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,674

ArneSo said:

aeshmi said:

All of these.
    I mean if their idea to get my money is to keep it secret, it won't really work since it depends what the race is. No matter how mysterious the pack looks, if it's something I have truly no interest in (say Nagash) that will be disappointing no matter how they present it.

That being said, I still have hoped for Cathay so I know if it's worth getting wh3 early or not (assuming the pre-order race is dogwater).
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 1,419
    KronusX said:

ArneSo said:

aeshmi said:

All of these.
    I mean if their idea to get my money is to keep it secret, it won't really work since it depends what the race is. No matter how mysterious the pack looks, if it's something I have truly no interest in (say Nagash) that will be disappointing no matter how they present it.

That being said, I still have hoped for Cathay so I know if it's worth getting wh3 early or not (assuming the pre-order race is dogwater).
    DOGWATER?
    Good sir I challenge you to a duel.
    Halfling hot pots at 100 paces.
    🧝‍♀️
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 785
    Jote191 said:

It's because they know the Hobgoblin Khanate is the best race ever and it'll make all the other reveals seem disappointing in comparison.

You misspelled Chaos Dwarfs
  • KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 300
    They clearly underestimated how much discussion could be mined from JUST the reveals of Kislev, Monogods and Cathay. Forgot that hype dies down quick if you don't reinforce it with concrete information.
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    ArneSo said:

A what ?
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,360
    they're careful to avoid another WoC debacle
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,180
    Jote191 said: