Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Units of Warhammer - The Skullcrushers of Khorne

How does a lowly tribesman from the Chaos Wastes battle his way through the ranks to reach the coveted title of Skullcrusher of Khorne?

Take a look at this brilliant documentary from Invicta and Indypride to find out:

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,085
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,327
    Sounds like a neat video actually. Imma watch it.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656
    Neodeinos said:

Sounds like a neat video actually. Imma watch it.

Also recommend their gryphon legion vedio.
    Just avoid the comment section though
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    I mean Skullcrushers are so iconic!

• PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,074
    edited June 16
    I like this new unit spotlight variation. Always needed more background lore for the units in TWWH!

EDIT: Just finished watching. This is aswesome, pls make more!!

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,018
    ah yes Ivicta, he make good videos :)
    it would be crazy if it was some kind of unit teaser

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,358
    Nice, will watch it later!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • IlyandirIlyandir Registered Users Posts: 229
    Whilst I'm not really interested in the Chaos factions, this was good because it was done by Invicta and Indypride. Great video. More like this please.
    I can bend minds with my spoon.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,865
    Cool. Also if there aren't that many new units for Khorne left to be revealed I'd do the Khorne roster reveal sooner rather than later.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,770
    Anything by Invicta gets a thumbs up for me, Warhammer or otherwise - great video
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,979
    Krunch said:

"You wanted the old style unit intros that were more informative back? Fine! Here's an entire goddamn documentary told in-universe about skullcrushers!"

Not that I'm complaining, just find it funny.

It's not their video. It's from a channel called Invicta.

Pretty nice narrative based channel. Mostly deals in historical events, rather than Warhammer Fantasy.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 697
    DOCUMENTARY and Skullcrushers and Khorne in the same sentence ! What ?!
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    There's a lot of art in this video I've never seen before. I wonder if these are fan-made or new official works.
  • TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 333
    Juggernauts are just the most charismatic chaos mount. Metal dog-rhinoceros construct for all your skull and blood crushing needs!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,979
    edited June 16

There's a lot of art in this video I've never seen before. I wonder if these are fan-made or new official works.

Invicta does make quite a number of custom animations for his videos, so these are made by the channel owner in some way, rather than official.

That being said, some of the shown Khornate warriors might be based on existing models.... or models CA made for the game and gave him for reference.

Still, we don't know.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,581
    Invicta is always top notch. Great video.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 239
    Probably they are gonna be my fav cavalry along with the Winged Lancers and Gryphon Legion in game 3!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    Absolutely

AMAZING

video CA, THIS is how a unit showcase is made

Stunning

Glorious

Awesome narrating

Crisp editing

More of that thanks!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,876
    edited June 16
    Nice info on them not sure about the narrator if there trying to sell the dark menacing side off chaos tho, but nice to see something a little different

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,626
    Damn known for their devastating charge,with current stats i can tell at least 6 0r more cav having better charge impact.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656

Damn known for their devastating charge,with current stats i can tell at least 6 0r more cav having better charge impact.

lol its CB and WS and MA combined

and impact damage to my knowledge is separate mechanic
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • MightfoMightfo Registered Users Posts: 198
    edited June 16

They have 70+ charge bonus, 60+ weapon strength, 50 MA, and armor piercing damage. On its own, this would be phenomenal- better than almost any cavalry in WH2. Few cav in WH2 have AP damage, let alone 50 MA, and that WS is way above average, and that is a strong charge bonus.

However, the only offensive downside is they have 32 models rather than 60. Taking that into account, their raw charge damage is less than some other elite cav *if we assume that a full unit of 60 cav all makes contact*. But I'm not sure if 100% of a cavalry unit's models usually make contact. In infantry fights, only ~25 infantry will actually be fighting in the front. I assume in a 60 unit cavalry model, at least some models wouldnt really get to make hits, or at least not until their charge bonus has worn off, but it may depend a lot on situation. Maybe I should run some tests...?

Great Stag Knights have similar offensive stats and perform very well, so I'd wager that Skullcrushers are indeed very strong- the only unknown factors there are 1)Mass 2)Do skullcrushers have splash damage like Great Stag Knights?

However, their MA and WS makes them also much more offensively effective at staying in than most cavalry, even with the model count in mind.
  • Eye_of_SauronEye_of_Sauron Registered Users Posts: 184
    None noticed the Lord of Khorne? I guess this is a solid hint we are getting him as 2nd Khorne Lord! AWESOME!!!
    #JusticeForTzeentch #TzeentchLivesMatter #JusticeForMonogods

Mightfo said:

They have 70+ charge bonus, 60+ weapon strength, 50 MA, and armor piercing damage. On its own, this would be phenomenal- better than almost any cavalry in WH2. Few cav in WH2 have AP damage, let alone 50 MA, and that WS is way above average, and that is a strong charge bonus.

However, the only offensive downside is they have 32 models rather than 60. Taking that into account, their raw charge damage is less than some other elite cav *if we assume that a full unit of 60 cav all makes contact*. But I'm not sure if 100% of a cavalry unit's models usually make contact. In infantry fights, only ~25 infantry will actually be fighting in the front. I assume in a 60 unit cavalry model, at least some models wouldnt really get to make hits, or at least not until their charge bonus has worn off, but it may depend a lot on situation. Maybe I should run some tests...?

Regardless, the fact that their damage is AP gives them a huge advantage over most elite cavalry.

However, their MA and WS makes them also much more offensively effective at staying in than most cavalry, even with the model count in mind.
    They are same cav as lance version of demy's just a bit better and lance demi,great stag cav almost all 32 unit shock cav are performing poorly in multiplayer and campaign.

because there is no point in antiinfantry for cav,when halberd or regular cav can comabt cav and clean up infantry regardless.

They need to change it so Monsterous Shock cav wins if you get the charge infantry or cav,loose if they mess up their charge and be in pronlonged cav,By Description it should be the case,but its not happening.

simple change could be to drop their attack interval to 3.3 sec so they can get 3 attacks when their charge bonus is applied,decrease their melee attack,increase MD , and increase Charge + cost.

Getting a clean charge really hard in mutiplayer,slow from magic,damage spells + intercepting by chafff,speed ,archers..etc

Looks like they took the introducing complaint to heart and we love the end results,more of this plz.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    Was a epic video!"

• Bountyful_TyrantBountyful_Tyrant Registered Users Posts: 7
    I would like to see all new units featured like this, thanks!
  • MightfoMightfo Registered Users Posts: 198

snip

Their stats are more than "a bit better" than demigryphs, lol. And demigryphs and great stags do well in both SP and MP.
    Mightfo said:

snip

Their stats are more than "a bit better" than demigryphs, lol. And demigryphs and great stags do well in both SP and MP.
    thats's the point well isn't enough,they need punch above their weight for melee only faction with no magic.