Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Khorne Roster Reveal

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,822
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Actually, what is a blood shrine? Is that some form of special War Shrine mounted on a Blood Throne? That term doesn't actually exist from what I recall?

The one on the right, seems to be a Warshrine of Khorne a top the bike part of the Skullcannons.

Ah, missed that.

Imma be honest, I didn't expect the War Shrine with Khorne, but I guess they can make it work in nearly every roster. I just personally expected them to be saved for Tzeentch.

Also, Skull Cannons replenish ammo in melee XD .

This does make me wonder just how much overlap they'll put in the four god's rosters. I hope this bit of "of Khorne" doesn't necessarily translate into each one of them being in each god's roster. Nurgle, for instance, doesn't really need them all. In fact, I would say he really doesn't need flyers aside from the Rot Flies. Neither does Slaanesh need any sort of flyers.

I will admit, this roster reveal does make me somewhat concerned about the other three rosters. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    It stands to reason that all the units that could be given other marks, should be an option for the other Gods, like Soul Grinders.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,941

Amonkhet said:

I was **** right! its the HERALD OF KHORNE thats the second Lord! SUCK IT!

Did...did anyone think Heralds weren't 2nd Lord?
    Yeah, someone tried to tell me we'd get Daemon Princes instead of Heralds as a Lord option.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,045
    No khorngors, no marauders, no chosen, no slaugtherbrute...

CA with Khorne you are certainly not going to sell me the game.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,079

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nurgle's Gorebeast/Minotaur equivalent will be Bile Trolls and Plague Zombies after seeing this roster

In a way. Although Bile Trolls do have the range attack that does set them apart. So they might get this sort of custom animation on that part.

Plague Zombies as a concept should really occur. The dead brought down by plague is definitely something from Nurgle's lore that I think has good potential.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784
    edited June 17

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nurgle's Gorebeast/Minotaur equivalent will be Bile Trolls and Plague Zombies after seeing this roster

Make a thread. Let's speculate on the other 3 monos.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 994
    Epic roster! CA please add some Heavy Metal battle tunes for Khorne's faction :)
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 6,010
    Crossil said:

In a way. Although Bile Trolls do have the range attack that does set them apart. So they might get this sort of custom animation on that part.

Plague Zombies as a concept should really occur. The dead brought down by plague is definitely something from Nurgle's lore that I think has good potential.
    I always thought it was weird that he had Plague Zombies in 40K but not in Fantasy though I guess they didn't want to step on the VC's toes.

I never played VT2 but someone mentioned they have Nurgle Zombies in that game I believe?
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784

Crossil said:

I always thought it was weird that he had Plague Zombies in 40K but not in Fantasy though I guess they didn't want to step on the VC's toes.

I never played VT2 but someone mentioned they have Nurgle Zombies in that game I believe?
    Poxwalkers they're called.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,621
    Hey look, it was actually 'soon'!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,924

Fossoway said:

Minotaurs of Khorne, but no Khorngors? Well, that's a surprise to say the least.

Also, shoutout to the Soul Grinder, never expected that HE of all things would make it in xD

I think that confirm that ca give each good maybe a other breed of beastman.

Khorne get the minotaurs and the rest yeah.

The rest.
    'confirm'

LOL.

Anyway, the roster leaves me feeling meh.

Really not happy to see the soul grinder, but oh well.
    Beastmen

edited June 17

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Actually, what is a blood shrine? Is that some form of special War Shrine mounted on a Blood Throne? That term doesn't actually exist from what I recall?

The one on the right, seems to be a Warshrine of Khorne a top the bike part of the Skullcannons.

Ah, missed that.

Imma be honest, I didn't expect the War Shrine with Khorne, but I guess they can make it work in nearly every roster. I just personally expected them to be saved for Tzeentch.

This does make me wonder just how much overlap they'll put in the four god's rosters. I hope this bit of "of Khorne" doesn't necessarily translate into each one of them being in each god's roster. Nurgle, for instance, doesn't really need them all. In fact, I would say he really doesn't need flyers aside from the Rot Flies. Neither does Slaanesh need any sort of flyers.

I will admit, this roster reveal does make me somewhat concerned about the other three rosters. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    It stands to reason that all the units that could be given other marks, should be an option for the other Gods, like Soul Grinders.
    I mean, you say that, but there's not a firm distinction between what any of the gods have most of the time when it comes to undivided options. As long as you follow their belief even wizards can end up serving Khorne, alhough they have to abandon wizardry to follow him.

And overall, Soul Grinders and Furies fit pretty well with Khorne, but in what way do they fit with Nurgle, for instance? They really don't, do they? At least visually.

My hope is that this idea of "of Khorne" is correct because, say, there are undivided Minotaurs, so it distinquishes them from those. And in case of Furies and Soul Grinders it distinquishes them from the ones under Be'lakor, where Furies are unmarked and Soul Grinders are empowered by daemons of the other three gods.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 4,726
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

I was **** right! its the HERALD OF KHORNE thats the second Lord! SUCK IT!

Did...did anyone think Heralds weren't 2nd Lord?
    Yeah, someone tried to tell me we'd get Daemon Princes instead of Heralds as a Lord option.
    Lol.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 729
    edited June 17
    So we get a cultist hero who is better in warriors army or not existing at all as we have Exhalted Champion who is fit for chaos wastes and Herald as a lord - ridiculous.

Also it seems we ll have to pay for reskins of chosen, chaos knights, chariots, marauders etc already done for warriors of chaos - brilliant! Why are they non in the list NOW?
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,924

So we get a cultist hero and Herald as a lord - rediculous.

Also it seems we ll have to pay for reskins of chosen, chaos knights, charriots, marauders etc - brilliant! Why are they non in the list NOW?

You called it.

$
    Beastmen

Crossil said:

Vermintide has plague ridden humans that are clearly weaker than marauders. I'm not sure if these have names but they're really downtrodden and frail compared to the marauders that appear in Vermintide:

They're not strictly zombies, I think.

The idea of zombies would come from Liber Chaotica. Say:

and Nurgle's team in Bloodbowl did have Plague Zombies as basic players. In concept, these are something that Nurgle plays with in some way.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    Ferestor said:

Also delights and myseries? I wonder wich factions are enst ;)

Judging by that one line, I'd say Cathay and a Chaos race (probably Tzeentch).
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,822
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Ah, missed that.

I mean, you say that, but there's not a firm distinction between what any of the gods have most of the time when it comes to undivided options. As long as you follow their belief even wizards can end up serving Khorne, alhough they have to abandon wizardry to follow him.

And overall, Soul Grinders and Furies fit pretty well with Khorne, but in what way do they fit with Nurgle, for instance? They really don't, do they? At least visually.

My hope is that this idea of "of Khorne" is correct because, say, there are undivided Minotaurs, so it distinquishes them from those. And in case of Furies and Soul Grinders it distinquishes them from the ones under Be'lakor, where Furies are unmarked and Soul Grinders are empowered by daemons of the other three gods.
    Nurgle Soul Grinder.

Every Undivided unit has its counterpart in each of the Gods armies.
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 271
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Ah, missed that.

Them putting Chaos Furies with Khorne in brackets (Khorne) and their description makes me suspect that’ll be the unit that is found in all four monogod rosters. For example, the war hounds don’t even have the “of Khorne” part, so that implies only Khorne gets them. I dunno, maybe I’m wrong there.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    Crossil said:

Every troll had the vomit attack, and the animation is already in the game. Bile Troll's only difference is taht it had the multiple wonds D3 rule.
  • DurgilDurgil Registered Users Posts: 88
    Oh man, that roster was looking fine until I reached the Soul Grinder...

It was already a super controversial cross-over from 40k on the tabletop. We could have done without...
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 256
    My guess is Khorne will have his units always 1 tier up against other races.
    Bloodletters being T2 in strength but available at T1.
    That way he is more elite (perhaps smaller armies).
    Bloodletters will be the bulk of the army instead of marauders.
    I don't find marauders to be fitting for Khorne as he may not deem them worthy of his attention yet.

I am not a "lore master" so correct me if I am wrong.
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,238
    Very dissapointed there is no Chosen. Means Khorne has no elite, tier 5 infantry, which is a joke.
    Pocman said:

Crossil said:

Every troll had the vomit attack, and the animation is already in the game. Bile Troll's only difference is taht it had the multiple wonds D3 rule.
    Which is what makes them kinda distinct. They are a whole unit that gets them, whereas before the only ones with these attacks in game are Throgg and I think the Troll Hags. These guys are distinctly characterized by the bile that they spew, that is especially corrosive since they were fed Nurgle corrupted food. They literally spew Nurgle's taint.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ValraValra Registered Users Posts: 94
    Overall I like this roster, although I hoped for more mortal units... Hopefully they will come with the Valkia DLC.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,969
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Vermintide has plague ridden humans that are clearly weaker than marauders. I'm not sure if these have names but they're really downtrodden and frail compared to the marauders that appear in Vermintide:

They're not strictly zombies, I think.

The idea of zombies would come from Liber Chaotica. Say:

and Nurgle's team in Bloodbowl did have Plague Zombies as basic players. In concept, these are something that Nurgle plays with in some way.
    Pretty sure Vermintide had the plague zombies but they are a part of cut content so the only way you'll see them is with a mod that spawns them
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 815
    Whaaat, a roster reveal after two days? Damnnnn. Khorne looks pretty juicy. No Marauders is a bit of a 'huh?' but I guess that cannon fodder is a no-go then. And the Soul Grinder? Sick! (I don't like the design, but cool it is in. Definitely did not expect that).

Also why does the website state Gorebeast Chariot when the artwork shows a Juggernaut to a chariot? In addition, I thought we saw a picture of a free roaming Gorebeast? Huh
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,621
    edited June 17
    Hang on...

No mortal lord?
    No Chosen?
    No marauders?
    No knights?

I mean, I'm guessing these are saved for Valkia in DLC, but come on? What's the point of putting in a single mortal unit and one hero? At the moment, everything I hear just tells me 'wait until a year or two after its launch'; I've little interest in playing a purely daemonic roster.

Or, worse, are there not going to be themed versions of the above units and they'll just be some shared resource with the 9th LL's faction that's coloured as per your god's army?

For the record, I have no specific issues with the roster size or quantity of units, but I don't consider it of interest if you can't realistically run a mortal-led build.
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 271
    I will say I’m surprised they went with Soul Grinder rather than Slaughterbrute, because with the Slauggterbrute you could use the rig for the Mutalith Vortex Beast as well. But maybe that’s because they’re gonna cheap out and have a Soul Grinder for each monogod and one for Be’lakor? I dunno, I hope not.
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 234

Hang on...

No mortal lord?
    No Chosen?
    No marauders?
    No knights?

I mean, I'm guessing these are saved for Valkia in DLC, but come on? What's the point of putting in a single mortal unit and one hero? At the moment, everything I hear just tells me 'wait until a year or two after its launch'; I've little interest in playing a purely daemonic roster.

Or, worse, are there not going to be themed versions of the above units and they'll just be some shared resource with the 9th LL's faction that's coloured as per your god's army?

which will be the faction of the 9th LL?

We are supposed to get 6 so the 9th has to come from one of those, otherwise we would have 7 factions at launch no?
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 213
    A really nice roster, much more then I hoped for. Sure we lack Cultists Units for that new Hero and we lack Chosens and maybe even KhorneGoRs but I fully understand that some will be saved for DLC's.

Full 8th Book demon roster is here with some lovely xtras. And mount options was much better done here then on Kislev roster imo. For those asking for certain Units just keep in mind DLC's need stuff other then just new Lords so kinda given we see some more mortal stuff to come then.

Nice work CA