Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

An utter failure, and you know it.

Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,924
This is what DoC died for? This is what Chaos players have waited years for?

This isn't the 6th Edition vision. This isn't the Storm of Chaos, this isn't End Times, and this isn't AoS.

This is an intentionally shallow 'day 1 DLC required' solution, to a problem CA invented.

And the sycophants try and spin this as a win?

Completely hollow, shallow, vapid.

Don't **** on me and tell me it's raining.

Disappointed.
Beastmen

Comments

• TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 729
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,941
    So like Skaven?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784
    Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

It's worse.

It would be like if Skavenslaves were goblins with brown fur on them, as well as all the gutting.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,924
    Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

Worse, Skaven could be filled out.

DoC/WoC? Press X to doubt.
    Beastmen

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    Hint that OP is trolling: only 1 one out of the 4 Monogod rosters has been revealed, yet OP somehow knows that Monogods will be a terrible tradeoff for DoC undivided.
  • JoelethJoeleth Registered Users Posts: 69
    i don't see the issue. they have all of their demons bar the slaughterbrute. they ahve multiple chaos warrior infantry.

they don't have any holes in their roster like skaven did with the weapons teams.

they have strong infantry, cavalry, artillery, beasts and single entities.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,143
    I mean a single lord pack pretty much resolves all the issues of the faction:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Chosen (or Wrathmongers etc)
    Khorne Knights...

It's just bad that these kind of things require a lord pack...
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 867
    Overreaction much? You still get Harley Davidson and quad mecha

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

Honestly, are you paying money for that?
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Surge_2 said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

Valkia lord pack right away fixes 90% of the problems in one go; same as the original Skryre update for Skaven. So its the same situation.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    Surge_2 said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

They are missing their most basic mortals ofc they can be filled out.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,651
    Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

No, worse. Skaven at least got the majority of their armybook. Yes, Jezzauils and Weapon teams, I know. But Ikit did that good, Eshin went Eshin armylist and Throt rather picked up the Forgeworld stuff.

Here we pick 1/4 of the DoC armybook, cherrypick a few WoC & BoC choices which partly not even make sense (Cultis hero without cultists units? Minotaurs but nothing else Khorne marked Beastmen? Gorebeast Chariots becasue giod forbid we get Juggernaut chariots?

It's really not good looking. And 5 DLCs down the road we surely can be happy that we did not get "DLC for DLC" but several DLCs for the core race, which is partly based on DLC. Man, I really hope Be'lakor brings DoC Undivided or the DoC armybook sacrifice was really a hard blow. Welp, at least I have not preordered so far and really am not in the mood to do it knpow. PreOrder race better brings the heavy guns, because the next three gods which will look pretty similar to Khorne, will not do it.

------Red Dox
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,568
    chill dude, ca has never let ous down. atleast me, have some god damn faith.

"sorry played rdr2 to much recently"

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,822
    There were 3 options for the launch roster:

Most Daemons little Mortals.

Half Daemons half Mortals.

Most Mortals little Daemons.

CA simply chose the first option, which means that the Mortal side will be expanded with DLC.

Again, for a Launch Roster, is perfectly fine, and most people is okay with it.

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 967
    They have pretty much have all of their big scary demons.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 748
    Surge_2 said:

This is what DoC died for? This is what Chaos players have waited years for?

This isn't the 6th Edition vision. This isn't the Storm of Chaos, this isn't End Times, and this isn't AoS.

This is an intentionally shallow 'day 1 DLC required' solution, to a problem CA invented.

And the sycophants try and spin this as a win?

Completely hollow, shallow, vapid.

Don't **** on me and tell me it's raining.

Disappointed.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe less hyperbole and more actual arguments?
  • JoelethJoeleth Registered Users Posts: 69

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

but do they actually need marauders?

their absence shows that khorne isn't going to have any difficulty recruiting either bloodletters or khorne warriors at the start of the game. with this being the likely scenario I don't see the need for a lower tier infantry. they also have better cav than chaos knights so the roster certainly isn't as bad as skaven who were missing all of their best ranged tools.
    You are taking it one or two steps too far like always, but I disagree with you less now than ever lets put it that way.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 748
    edited June 17

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I would prefer they go a different direction with more Demons and leave those units for WoC. Otherwise why play WoC? Just for Shaggoths? No thanks. Mortal Faction should have more mortal units and the best mortal units (e.g. Chosen).

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I would prefer they go a different direction with more Demons and leave those units for WoC. Otherwise why play WoC? Just for Shaggoths? No thanks. Mortal Faction should have more mortal units and the best mortal units (e.g. Chosen).
    The only reason to even do Monos is to add both. Lmao.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 582

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

Honestly, are you paying money for that?
    Pretty sure I already have. Those are all existing WoC units (barring a red paint scheme)
  • Pepperman5Pepperman5 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Can't wait for two weeks later when everyone gets over it

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

What commissar said what is even the point of monos then? And they already have warriors and gorebeast chariot.
    Brakier said:

They have let me down many times.
    Beastmen

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,359
    while i was expecting some more mortals I can't say I'm disappointed. yeah, chosen or marauders would be nice but chaos warriors have enough options to be a solid backbone and there were enough surprises to make up for it. did anyone expect soul grinders? and they got all the important demons. this is honestly pretty solid.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 905
    Surge_2 said:

Brakier said:

Vote with your wallet!

Surge_2 said:

Brakier said:

Vote with your wallet!
    I have, as much as I can. No pre-order since the joke that was Thrott.
    Beastmen

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,223

Surge_2 said:

Brakier said:

Vote with your wallet!
    Strangely, they rarely do.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,669

Hint that OP is trolling: only 1 one out of the 4 Monogod rosters has been revealed, yet OP somehow knows that Monogods will be a terrible tradeoff for DoC undivided.

Why, is ****ing Slaanesh going to have Chosen while Khorne doesn't?
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Red_Dox said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

No, worse. Skaven at least got the majority of their armybook. Yes, Jezzauils and Weapon teams, I know. But Ikit did that good, Eshin went Eshin armylist and Throt rather picked up the Forgeworld stuff.

Here we pick 1/4 of the DoC armybook, cherrypick a few WoC & BoC choices which partly not even make sense (Cultis hero without cultists units? Minotaurs but nothing else Khorne marked Beastmen? Gorebeast Chariots becasue giod forbid we get Juggernaut chariots?

It's really not good looking. And 5 DLCs down the road we surely can be happy that we did not get "DLC for DLC" but several DLCs for the core race, which is partly based on DLC. Man, I really hope Be'lakor brings DoC Undivided or the DoC armybook sacrifice was really a hard blow. Welp, at least I have not preordered so far and really am not in the mood to do it knpow. PreOrder race better brings the heavy guns, because the next three gods which will look pretty similar to Khorne, will not do it.

------Red Dox
    Skaven were missing all their damage dealers barring Plagueclaws. Doomwheels, Hell-Pit Abomination and Warp Lightning was all late game. They were AWFUL when they first came out.

No, this is more a Lizardmen situation.