Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

An utter failure, and you know it.

Comments

• MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 905
    Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Brakier said:

chill dude, ca has never let ous down. atleast me, have some god damn faith.

"sorry played rdr2 to much recently"

They have let me down many times.
    Vote with your wallet!
    I have, as much as I can. No pre-order since the joke that was Thrott.
    umm, If you buy it after release, you are still giving your consent and agreement. Don't buy it at all, if you want them to learn a lesson. I don't ever pre-order anything, unless there is a tangible gain and then only at the last moment..
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,889

I mean a single lord pack pretty much resolves all the issues of the faction:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Chosen (or Wrathmongers etc)
    Khorne Knights...

It's just bad that these kind of things require a lord pack...

I would say a single mod. Those are all reskins, we'll have them two weeks after launch.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,941

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I would prefer they go a different direction with more Demons and leave those units for WoC. Otherwise why play WoC? Just for Shaggoths? No thanks. Mortal Faction should have more mortal units and the best mortal units (e.g. Chosen).
    Why play a monogod faction and not just Daemons of Chaos then?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • Pepperman5Pepperman5 Registered Users Posts: 25

Hint that OP is trolling: only 1 one out of the 4 Monogod rosters has been revealed, yet OP somehow knows that Monogods will be a terrible tradeoff for DoC undivided.

Why, is ****ing Slaanesh going to have Chosen while Khorne doesn't?
    Have you seen the Slaanesh roster? How do you know that?
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 748
    Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I would prefer they go a different direction with more Demons and leave those units for WoC. Otherwise why play WoC? Just for Shaggoths? No thanks. Mortal Faction should have more mortal units and the best mortal units (e.g. Chosen).
    What commissar said what is even the point of monos then? And they already have warriors and gorebeast chariot.
    Then what's the point of WoC if the Monos feel like WoC with Demons added on top? Why can't they go a different direction and emphasize the Demons?
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,568
    Surge_2 said:

Brakier said:

chill dude, ca has never let ous down. atleast me, have some god damn faith.

"sorry played rdr2 to much recently"

They have let me down many times.
    well then play a other fantasy stratgery game that even comes close to total war warhammer.

the work they put in to thier games/ FREE dlc is far better then pretty much every other company i know about.

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 398
    Amonkhet said:

Valkia lord pack right away fixes 90% of the problems in one go; same as the original Skryre update for Skaven. So its the same situation.

Took 2 years to get Ikit, and please lets all stop seeing DLC as patches for the shortcoming of the base game, its just pathetic.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 4,726

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

What commissar said what is even the point of monos then? And they already have warriors and gorebeast chariot.
    Then what's the point of WoC if the Monos feel like WoC with Demons added on top? Why can't they go a different direction and emphasize the Demons?
    Wouldn't that just be DoC than?
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,525

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

Because WoC should have access to all the monos have in mortals(in one way or another) like DoC will have access to all the monos will have daemons.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    edited June 17

There were 3 options for the launch roster:

Most Daemons little Mortals.

Half Daemons half Mortals.

Most Mortals little Daemons.

CA simply chose the first option, which means that the Mortal side will be expanded with DLC.

Again, for a Launch Roster, is perfectly fine, and most people is okay with it.

Can we please stop with this ****? Adding a couple, already in the game units, would have NOT cost them much.

while i was expecting some more mortals I can't say I'm disappointed. yeah, chosen or marauders would be nice but chaos warriors have enough options to be a solid backbone and there were enough surprises to make up for it. did anyone expect soul grinders? and they got all the important demons. this is honestly pretty solid.

They have the same options than WoC. They just changed the CW GW for CW dual.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,429
    Completely expected that some units would be held back for DLC.

Not sure why this comes as a surprise to anybody.

Rosters will be padded out down the line just like literally every other game.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    edited June 17

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

What i'm not understanding is what is the issue of DoC undivided being split into 4 and possibly getting DLC to flesh them out even more? Why is DoC undivided better than that? Maybe I just don't understand because i'm not a TT player and don't really understand how DoC undivided operate. To me it sounds like DoC undivided means each of the gods covers eachothers weaknesses. So Khorne doesn't have magic but Tzeetch supplements that with their wizards. Nurgle doesn't have fast units but Slaanesh does. So where is their unique playstyle if they supplement each others weaknesses out?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,820
    Amonkhet said:

Red_Dox said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

No, worse. Skaven at least got the majority of their armybook. Yes, Jezzauils and Weapon teams, I know. But Ikit did that good, Eshin went Eshin armylist and Throt rather picked up the Forgeworld stuff.

Here we pick 1/4 of the DoC armybook, cherrypick a few WoC & BoC choices which partly not even make sense (Cultis hero without cultists units? Minotaurs but nothing else Khorne marked Beastmen? Gorebeast Chariots becasue giod forbid we get Juggernaut chariots?

It's really not good looking. And 5 DLCs down the road we surely can be happy that we did not get "DLC for DLC" but several DLCs for the core race, which is partly based on DLC. Man, I really hope Be'lakor brings DoC Undivided or the DoC armybook sacrifice was really a hard blow. Welp, at least I have not preordered so far and really am not in the mood to do it knpow. PreOrder race better brings the heavy guns, because the next three gods which will look pretty similar to Khorne, will not do it.

------Red Dox
    Skaven were missing all their damage dealers barring Plagueclaws. Doomwheels, Hell-Pit Abomination and Warp Lightning was all late game. They were AWFUL when they first came out.

No, this is more a Lizardmen situation.
    yeah skaven did play very different before or without ikkit claw.

how chaos marauders are suppose to be a game changer I don't know.

And honestly:
    simply having always 4 versions of all WoC units (more or less) isn't that appealing to me anyway.

But then again I may not be the target audience of chaos monogods.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,284
    CA couldn't be bothered to add the most obvious and mostly already existing units to the Khorne roster.
    What makes it even worse imo is that they didn't even change the animations of the few "new" chaos warrior units, low effort.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,096
    Xenos7777 said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I would say a single mod. Those are all reskins, we'll have them two weeks after launch.
    They shouldn't be reskins but remodels, with the likes of Chosen getting new animations.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

What i'm not understanding is what is the issue of DoC undivided being split into 4 and possibly getting DLC to flesh them out even more? Why is DoC undivided better than that? Maybe I just don't understand because i'm not a TT player and don't really understand how DoC undivided operate.
    I'm no TT player either, but having them together means you get an bunch of different gameplay styles ala Skaven Clan specific weaponry and more importantly for TW you get a 4th race that's actually different. Plus we could still have gotten DoC expansions via DLC and gotten WoC as it should be.

Monogods is definitively WoC + DoC + some BM stuff now. If that's what it is than expecting WoC stuff is pretty obvious.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    edited June 19

Hint that OP is trolling: only 1 one out of the 4 Monogod rosters has been revealed, yet OP somehow knows that Monogods will be a terrible tradeoff for DoC undivided.

And why would one reskinned unit define wheter an unit roster is high quality or not?
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,669

Have you seen the Slaanesh roster? How do you know that?
    Because why wouldn't they give the heaviest chaos infantry, to the heavy infantry chaos god?

I'm not trying to be negative or exaggerate like OP, in fact I've taken a step back from all the speculation and controversy just to reflect on the fact that we have rosters for 2 new races, and I can't wait to play them.

That being said, now we've seen the Khorne roster, we can easily apply it to the other gods like Slaanesh:

LL:
    N'Kari

Lords:
    Exalted Keeper of Secrets
    Herald of Slaanesh

Heroes:
    Cultist of Slaanesh
    Daemonette Champion

Mounts:
    Chaos Steed
    Steed of Slaanesh
    Exalted Seeker Chariot

Melee Infantry:
    Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh (3 variants)
    Daemonettes of Slaanesh
    Exalted Daemonettes of Slaanesh

Melee Cavalry:
    Chaos Warhounds
    Seekers of Slaanesh
    Pleasureseekers of Slaanesh

Chariots:
    Gorebeast Chariots of Slaanesh
    Seeker Chariots

War Machines:
    Exalted Seeker Chariot

Monsters:
    Spawn of Slaanesh
    Minotaurs of Slaanesh (Great Weapons)
    Soul Grinder of Slaanesh
    Fiend of Slaanesh
    Keeper of Secrets
    Chaos Furies (Slaanesh)

Exact same number of units.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,429
    SALT FOR THE SALT GOD.

TEARS FOR THE TEAR THRONE.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    Amonkhet said:

Red_Dox said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

No, worse. Skaven at least got the majority of their armybook. Yes, Jezzauils and Weapon teams, I know. But Ikit did that good, Eshin went Eshin armylist and Throt rather picked up the Forgeworld stuff.

Here we pick 1/4 of the DoC armybook, cherrypick a few WoC & BoC choices which partly not even make sense (Cultis hero without cultists units? Minotaurs but nothing else Khorne marked Beastmen? Gorebeast Chariots becasue giod forbid we get Juggernaut chariots?

It's really not good looking. And 5 DLCs down the road we surely can be happy that we did not get "DLC for DLC" but several DLCs for the core race, which is partly based on DLC. Man, I really hope Be'lakor brings DoC Undivided or the DoC armybook sacrifice was really a hard blow. Welp, at least I have not preordered so far and really am not in the mood to do it knpow. PreOrder race better brings the heavy guns, because the next three gods which will look pretty similar to Khorne, will not do it.

------Red Dox
    Skaven were missing all their damage dealers barring Plagueclaws. Doomwheels, Hell-Pit Abomination and Warp Lightning was all late game. They were AWFUL when they first came out.

No, this is more a Lizardmen situation.
    They weren't awful, that's a shared delusion of the fanbase after experimenting the overpowered ratlings that require no thought at all. I've played plenty skaven campaigns without ever using a DLC unit in them without trouble. Between ambush, some of the best artillery in the game, rat ogres, plague monks, globadiers, bombardiers and warpfire throwers they were more than able to deal with anything in a variety of ways.

Warpfire throwers actually require unit positioning to be effective, unlike ratlings, but they're still good units.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

What i'm not understanding is what is the issue of DoC undivided being split into 4 and possibly getting DLC to flesh them out even more? Why is DoC undivided better than that? Maybe I just don't understand because i'm not a TT player and don't really understand how DoC undivided operate.
    I'm no TT player either, but having them together means you get an bunch of different gameplay styles ala Skaven Clan specific weaponry and more importantly for TW you get a 4th race that's actually different. Plus we could still have gotten DoC expansions via DLC and gotten WoC as it should be.

Monogods is definitively WoC + DoC + some BM stuff now. If that's what it is than expecting WoC stuff is pretty obvious.
    I edited my comment after you replied. To me it sounds like DoC undivided means each of the gods covers eachothers weaknesses. So Khorne doesn't have magic but Tzeetch supplements that with their wizards. Nurgle doesn't have fast units but Slaanesh does. So where is their unique playstyle if they supplement each others weaknesses out?

In regards to Monogods being WoC + DoC + BM, yeah sure but to what extent? If they give them almost all WoC and BM units then why play WoC and BM at all? Sprinkling only few of those units keeps a little Monogod feel but at the same time not eliminating the uniqueness of WoC and BM.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,321
    edited June 17
    Can't say I'm satisfied but I don't think the roster is that bad. Actually I don't think the roster is bad, it's just decent. It's good but not impressive.

Ludbone said:

Cry me a river, @Surge_2 you and your Mono-Haters buddies.

TBH I thought you would be super mad at this roster. It's barely monogods, more DoC with a little bit of WoC and BM.
    He's torn between "reee no AoS actual cool Monogod stuff" and being part of the Monogang from the beginning.

He's just lashing out like a bucking wilderbeast at this point.
    That's why being part of a gang is dumb (unless it's mine). Like you can have opinions on things that are reasoned and also go against prior opinions as we get more information. For example I was super disappointed at no Dawi Zharr at launch, but now as we see these rosters I think that actually might be a blessing.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,284

Xenos7777 said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

They shouldn't be reskins but remodels, with the likes of Chosen getting new animations.
    Don't forget unique voicelines!
    One of the reasons why mods will never work for me, imagine a reskined undivided Chosen for Khorne praising Slaanesh in battle. :s
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 274
    edited June 17
    I have no idea why you're whining.

We're most likely getting all the units from the 8th edition daemons of chaos, judging by the fact that Khorne got all of them if you exclude the Daemon Prince and the Slaughterbrute (which is from WoC).

You don't like the daemons being split in four, fine, I'm sure the 9th legendary lord is Be'lakor, and I'm sure he'll have access to all the daemons in one army.

The mortal aspect of Khorne is slightly lacking, but some of it is by design.

There are no Marauders in his army because Khorne is supposed to be an elite army, the chaff has no place there, and it'll most likely be the case for the other gods as well.
    There are no Chaos Knights or Chaos Lord because Creative Assembly wants to keep the Warrios of Chaos roster unique and distinct.
    The absence of Chosen is disappointing, but that's most likely because units like Skullreapers (Khorne), Putrid Blightkings (Nurgle) ... are basically god specific Chosen, and Creative Assembly wants to keep them for DLCs.

As for the marked Beastmen, no one in their right mind would expect more than one unit to show up, the fact that Khorne got marked Minotaurs is a good sign, because it means not all gods are going to have marked Bestigors, which make their respective roster more unique.
    Post edited by Alchimist on
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,079
    edited June 17
    Red_Dox said:

Amonkhet said:

So like Skaven?

- Jezzails
    - Ratling Guns
    - Warp Grinder
    - the uh... mortar? Forgot the name
    - Doom-flayer

And still to this day missing Giant Rats and Verminlords.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,822
    Pocman said:

There were 3 options for the launch roster:

Most Daemons little Mortals.

Half Daemons half Mortals.

Most Mortals little Daemons.

CA simply chose the first option, which means that the Mortal side will be expanded with DLC.

Again, for a Launch Roster, is perfectly fine, and most people is okay with it.

Can we please stop with this ****? Adding a couple, already in the game units, would have NOT cost them much.

while i was expecting some more mortals I can't say I'm disappointed. yeah, chosen or marauders would be nice but chaos warriors have enough options to be a solid backbone and there were enough surprises to make up for it. did anyone expect soul grinders? and they got all the important demons. this is honestly pretty solid.

They have the same options than WoC. They just changed the CW GW for CW dual.
    That is still work, if it's that simple please do it yourself, you sure look like a programer

Since when dual weapons = Great weapons?
    Alchimist said:

I have no idea why you're whining.

We're most likely getting all the units from the 8th edition daemons of chaos, judging by the fact that Khorne got all of them if you exclude the Daemon Prince and the Slaughterbrute.

You don't like the daemons being split in four, fine, I'm sure the 9th legendary lord is Be'lakor, and I'm sure he'll have access to al the daemons in one army.

The mortal aspect of Khorne is slightly lacking, but some of it is by design.

There are no Marauders in his army because Khorne is supposed to be an elite army, the shaft has no place there, and it'll most likely be the case for the other gods as well.
    There are no Chaos Knights or Chaos Lord because Creative Assembly wants to keep the Warrios of Chaos roster unique and distinct.
    The absence of Chosen is disappointing, but that's most likely because units like Skullreapers (Khorne), Putrid Blightkings (Nurgle) ... are basically god specific Chosen, and Creative Assembly wants to keep them for DLCs.

As for the marked Beastmen, no one in their right mind would expect more than one unit to show up, the fact that Khorne got marked Minotaurs is a good sign, because it means not all gods are going to have marked Gors, which make their respective roster more unique.

Exactly what the hell is the point of playing BM and WoC if you give a ton of their units to each Mono-god.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Alchimist said:

There are no Marauders in his army because Khorne is supposed to be an elite army, the shaft has no place there, and it'll most likely be the case for the other gods as well.

I suspect Slaanesh will have Marauders, since there's the Marauders riding Stteds of Slaanesh (Hellstriders? Hellseekers? I always get them confused), and it'd be a bit odd of those are the only Marauders in Slaanesh's list.

Bayes said:

Khorne Lord
    Khorne Marauders
    Khorne Knights...

I edited my comment after you replied. To me it sounds like DoC undivided means each of the gods covers eachothers weaknesses. So Khorne doesn't have magic but Tzeetch supplements that with their wizards. Nurgle doesn't have fast units but Slaanesh does. So where is their unique playstyle if they supplement each others weaknesses out?

In regards to Monogods being WoC + DoC + BM, yeah sure but to what extent? If they give them almost all WoC and BM units then why play WoC and BM at all? Sprinkling only few of those units keeps a little Monogod feel but at the same time not eliminating the uniqueness of WoC and BM.
    Oh. RIP my comment. Anyway that's part of the point. They cover each other, but on TT part of it was a balancing act. Slannesh Daemons didn't like Khorne and Nurgle didn't like Tzeentch vice-versa, so having perfect synergy wasn't an easy thing, thus creating a weakness. Ton of creative ways they could implement that idea into TW without forcing them apart. In this games case having access to all of them would allow a flexible amount of different builds, just like the Ratmen, but now at least with Khorne there are barely any interesting builds to make.

To what extent was presumably a decent split between WoC + DoC since again, that's what it was hyped up as here. Part of the reason I don't like Monogods IS the fact they make WoC redundant. They've already given Khorne Skullcrushers so no reason at this point to not add the rest of WoC Khorne stuff to his roster. Having only a sprinkling of WoC and mostly DoC is going to annoy Monogod fans since they want all Marked stuff in one roster and it annoys me since it deprives me of WoC/DoC undivided. It's like CA committing to half an idea. If we must have Monogods the uniqueness should be able to play with all Marked units in one roster, whereas WoC/DoC should be being able to have all Mortal/Daemon units to play with. That way we get true WoC/DoC and Monogod people can have their roster. Everyone's happy.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.