Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I've gone from excited to probably not buying.

Comments

• RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 58
    I am 100% buying it.
    However i am not excited to play it yet
    Its left over races with purposely small rosters so they can make us pay for DLC
    I really hope the grand campaign is the focus unlike in game 2, because that is what i am wanting to play.
    Hopefully with the old races rebalanced
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    Honestly at this point, you should be glad Chaos Dwarfs weren't a core race !

They would have released without K'daii, missing half their artillery list and with Infernal Guards being Warriors with a cape.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,535
    Maelas said:

They would have released without K'daii, missing half their artillery list and with Infernal Guards being Warriors with a cape.

Don't tell them that, Cdwarf fans still act like the TK didn't walk away with a solid deal.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,729
    Serkelet said:

I disagree with you. I like what I am seeing for the most part. There is indeed a mix of Beastmen, WoC and Daemons in Khorne's roster. It being not as complete as you would have liked doesn't mean the roster doesn't look gorgeous and fun.

But it's good that you don't buy something you disagree with. Good for you.

One Beastman unit is not a Mix...
    ASyrian said:

OdTengri said:

Terrible execution on the part of CA.

Kislev is not what I wanted
    Khorne is not what I wanted

If this is one of the gods than I can only expect 3 more rosters worth of disappointment. Maybe Cathay can be dark horse surprise but for a faction I could have easily skipped on I doubt its going to change my mind to buy.

Where are my Beastmen of Khorne, Where are my Marauders. Monogods was supposed to be BMen + WoC + Daemons.
    Kislev was completely reworked into a different faction than existed before.

Chaos Dwarfs are my most anticipated faction of the series and they won't even be a base race, which sucks because I'd buy them as DLC for game 2 at this point before I'd even buy Game 3.

This whole thing feels phoned in and half hearted on CA's part, I think they already mentally checked out and are asleep at the wheel.

You are just ungrateful thats all
    I'm a customer, its not like they are giving this to me for free, I'm paying for it. Its not a gift from the gods ****.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,449
    Meh. It's the same drama with every roster reveal and has been since the first game. I'm 99% sure most of the people saying they're so disappointed will be playing this come release or shortly after it. Nobody's still following this series 3 games in and still posting on its forums without being a little bit addicted, yours truly very much included.

Think the Beastmen reveal caused the most grief anyway, coupled with the Charlemagne comment. Man, nobody came out of that one looking pretty.
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 219

"Kislev is not what I wanted
    Khorne is not what I wanted"

And this concerns us in what manner? If you don't like it, don't buy it, I fail to see the reason of this post.

Do you know what place you are in?

I give you a hint, a place that's all about exchaning opinions and ideas. That includes expressing distaste about products offered by the company running this forum.

Feedback, y'know.
    There's good feed back

and then there's what you idiots are doing
    There are good posts, and then there's what you just posted here.
  • DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 249
    OP is 100% going to buy on day one.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,194
    DVersion said:

What makes you say that?
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 249

DVersion said:

What makes you say that?

If people care enough to go to the forum and complain about the specific rosters of units in this video game, they're invested and excited enough to play it. Gamers are wired in a strange way.
    DVersion said:

DVersion said:

What makes you say that?

If people care enough to go to the forum and complain about the specific rosters of units in this video game, they're invested and excited enough to play it. Gamers are wired in a strange way.
    I have two options here. I can acknowledge defeat to an obvious check mate, or I can go the nitpick pedantic route and point that not 100% of these people are on the game.

What should I go chat? Number 2!? Done!
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 612
    Nyxilis said:

Maelas said:

Don't tell them that, Cdwarf fans still act like the TK didn't walk away with a solid deal.
    The Tomb Kings are still stuck with only one Lord option, the Tomb King, meaning that you will use the Tomb King as your Lord, and role play be damned if you wanted to go with a heavy empathizes on the Mortuary Cult/wanted a Caster Lord, when it would take CA practically no time at all to add the High Liche Priest into the game. I for one don't think its right that the community has to rely on modders to finish the job for CA. I mean its not like I'm asking for the Khemric Titan, just for CA to at least finish the Lord and Hero options.
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    The Dark Father calls you to slaughter,
    Blood and fire exhorts you to war!
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    Stretch your limbs of blood-filed steel,
    The Dawi-Zharr march fourth once more!
    Answering the summons of Hashut!

-From the K'daai rituals of awakening.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,550
    Xenos7777 said:

well, as of now it doesn't seem that great, big-budget grand finale they promised us. But also not worse than the previous games. So I guess, par of the course.

Yeah. Its pretty much status quo it seems.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,873

Nyxilis said:

Maelas said:

The Tomb Kings are still stuck with only one Lord option, the Tomb King, meaning that you will use the Tomb King as your Lord, and role play be damned if you wanted to go with a heavy empathizes on the Mortuary Cult/wanted a Caster Lord, when it would take CA practically no time at all to add the High Liche Priest into the game. I for one don't think its right that the community has to rely on modders to finish the job for CA. I mean its not like I'm asking for the Khemric Titan, just for CA to at least finish the Lord and Hero options.
    I say for 9000th time TK's should've been the last Lord Pack v Beastrmen. It would have them complete, and they certainly need it more than the cold bloods.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,729

Nyxilis said:

Maelas said:

I say for 9000th time TK's should've been the last Lord Pack v Beastrmen. It would have them complete, and they certainly need it more than the cold bloods.
    There was a 0% chance that they did a Game 2 DLC for a Game 2 DLC Race, lets just hope that they reconsider that with the Chorfs and OgKindoms
  • CosmikNoiseCosmikNoise Registered Users Posts: 99
    It's good to see some people can manage to stay away from dope.

Sorry folks, I can't.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,535

Nyxilis said:

Maelas said:

Still ended up more complete than any army that existed as a book upon launch. They could use some touch up and somethings but ultimately well done. Can you imagine if they were a launch race what they would have been purposefully missing? But, also a group that didn't have as many additional side units as some races did.

I had half expected them to get some sort of FLC at some point. Not including the Bone Giant that was very much clearly done at the point of the races launch as verified through some demo versions and withheld for promo. Compared to something crafted later for promotion.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,666
    edited June 19
    I am...

Not hyped that for sure..

I expected more from CA....I'm this regard

Let's hope the dlc support fix that.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,999
    OdTengri said:

Definitely went from pre-order to wait for reviews.If this keeps up wait till lord packs fill up the roster.
    Cathay only cant warrant my purchase.

I might get it after it goes significantly on sale.
    Bwahahahaha... that means you're REALLY looking for a reason to buy the thing and just need one good shove to get it.

Cathay might not be enough alone, but a decent Cathay plus an interesting Preorder? Then they've got you.

The sale comment is just salt.

I know it cuz I'm in the same boat... except banking ENTIRELY on a decent preorder (let's be real: Hobgoblin Khans or bust). That or just waiting for Mortal Empires 2 to come out.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,851
    edited June 19
    I really don't like Kislev. I was neutral to it before they showed much, but the more they showed, the more it feels like an Age of Sigmar faction. Over-reliance on gimmicky "monsters", impractical over-the-top designs, rule of cool trumping basic logic and not even looking all that cool to begin with. If you took them as they are and dropped them in the Warcraft universe, they wouldn't look all that much out of place - which is usually a good indication that something won't look right for Warhammer Fantasy.

Khorne is OK. It's mostly daemons, but that is what I was expecting, and as far as the daemons are concerned there is a very full roster and they didn't mess up the designs (I still think the Soul Grinder looks stupid, but whatever, it's only one unit and it's still a daemon at the end of the day, you can justify its weirdness).

I am fairly sure the other Chaos faction will be fine as well, as far as I'm concerned. But I don't dread to imagine what 2021 GW came up with for Cathai. GW calling the shots for the unit designs in this game much more than for game 1 and 2, when they seemed to have a mostly passive approach, is bad news. Get ready for everybody and their mom riding a serpentine dragon and human-sized monkey people jumping and pirouetting 6 feet into the air that will make Wardancers look like geriatric patients in comparison. If they have ****, vanilla ogre-sized humanoid pandas copied straight from WoW, I'm official out.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,999
    I think we're all out if they have Pandaren.
    Itharus said:

OdTengri said:

Definitely went from pre-order to wait for reviews.If this keeps up wait till lord packs fill up the roster.
    Cathay only cant warrant my purchase.

I might get it after it goes significantly on sale.
    Bwahahahaha... that means you're REALLY looking for a reason to buy the thing and just need one good shove to get it.

Cathay might not be enough alone, but a decent Cathay plus an interesting Preorder? Then they've got you.

The sale comment is just salt.

I know it cuz I'm in the same boat... except banking ENTIRELY on a decent preorder (let's be real: Hobgoblin Khans or bust). That or just waiting for Mortal Empires 2 to come out.
    I'm going to buy it. Not going to pretend otherwise. Mono rosters are mediocre (assuming the rest follow Big Red's pattern), and Kislev's is good, but I'm just really hoping for something to push me from buying to really excited to buy.

Cathay having a better roster than Kislev, a good pre-order, supply lines replaced by something awesome. I'm looking for something to be excited about buying and getting campaigns in.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

Terrible execution on the part of CA.

Kislev is not what I wanted
    Khorne is not what I wanted

If this is one of the gods than I can only expect 3 more rosters worth of disappointment. Maybe Cathay can be dark horse surprise but for a faction I could have easily skipped on I doubt its going to change my mind to buy.

Where are my Beastmen of Khorne, Where are my Marauders. Monogods was supposed to be BMen + WoC + Daemons.
    Kislev was completely reworked into a different faction than existed before.

Chaos Dwarfs are my most anticipated faction of the series and they won't even be a base race, which sucks because I'd buy them as DLC for game 2 at this point before I'd even buy Game 3.

This whole thing feels phoned in and half hearted on CA's part, I think they already mentally checked out and are asleep at the wheel.

You're not fooling anyone. You already pre-ordered it.
    I don't preorder anything after Fallout 4, what a terrible game.
    i love fallout 4, i still play it sometimes.

cyberpunk on the other hand, there is a buggy mess

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,758
    You shouldn’t buy a product you don’t like.

I’m personally super happy with both Kislev and Khorne.

It’s nice that CA tried to make him unique and while the lack of Marauders is mildly disturbing, I still really like the roster. Lots of great flashy Centrepiece units for Khorne and being a super elite race will definitely be fun in battle.

And regarding Kislev… Well I can just say that it’s beyond everything I ever dared to imagine. Couldn’t be happier with the roster. 12/10 for me.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    about the roster, CA team as far as it goes me as always done right, i rember the lumberjacks in the vampire coast dlc, they fixed that. if there is issues, they usally fix it. so im not worried in the slighest.

btw same with the red baron, people wanted a red vampire lord, and ca gave ous one in the vampire free update.

there are more stuff i can count, but so far CA has always diliverd, i think we should not forget covid, and that it might have impacted devolopment, but that dosent mean what you want might just probly come at a later date.

• griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 1,299
    edited June 19

To give CA some better feedback can you list some more of the units/features that you feel are missing that would have changed your mind?
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    edited June 19
    Araby's exclusion is **** me off still, so I am just still not feeling the final dlc for wh2. First total war Warhammer dlc I don't feel like buying. Game 3's roster and weird battle they showed haven't been super exciting. Still so happy to get Kislev though! Still excited for the game but can't help feeling CA is no longer trying to wow us.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 2,056
    Honestly, so far I have seen nothing that would make me pre-order or where I'd say "instant buy".

Though, that feeling goes both ways. So, nothing that would drive me away too.
  • luther84695luther84695 Member Registered Users Posts: 571
    Haha. The whole time I knew the only race that will be in WW3 for sure is Cathay. It will make money from the supposedly massive Chinese market. And Cathay will have to be OP as well otherwise CA will not be able to handle Chinese nationalism

For this reason alone I am not buying this game.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    I think there'll be a lot of "I can easily afford it, and I may as well complete the series" purchases, made without much enthusiasm.

It's doubtless what I'll end up doing at some point down the road.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 3,710
    Cortes31 said:

Honestly, so far I have seen nothing that would make me pre-order or where I'd say "instant buy".

Though, that feeling goes both ways. So, nothing that would drive me away too.

Why did you and Alvarado not make up as friends again down the line?