Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Khorne roster, thoughts??

Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,365
edited June 18 in General Discussion
This one is really interesting to me, because I am both surprised by how much stuff we got and shocked by what was left out.

Some people say that CA is being lazy, but if you actually look at what's missing you realize how much bull**** that is.

Pretty much all of the big centerpiece demons are added. Like I fully expected flesh hounds and soulgrinders to be dlc. Instead we get basically all of them except the Slaughterbrute.

But what is missing is strange to me. There is a huge lack of low tier units. Yeah they'll be added as dlc, but it is weird that they were left out.

Also Chosen of Khorne is left out too. If CA was going to reskin them it would've been an easy addition. Since they're being saved for a dlc instead it means they'll most likely be made more unique to suit their respected god. Pretty cool stuff.

Also we got no imps :[

Thanks CA and GW for bringing this world to life!!! Finally we can move on to see another race 😆👍

Comments

• ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 516
    It needs Slambo
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    I actually like the direction they've taken with them. It’s a clear focus on making them an actually distinct race. It’s way better then every monogod just being an alternate version of warriors of chaos. If you want to play with heavy mortal army that’s their niche and the monos offer something different.

Sure they may seem a bit barebones at the moment, but that will change as we get more content. But I’m actually looking forward to that content now because it’s less likely to just be reskined chaos warrior units.

I might even stop calling them half cores now.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,377
    It's a solid roster.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    Zelnik said:

It needs Slambo

Slambo's gonna be revealed as the LL for the undivided faction as the true everchosen.

He'll even have a special LH Be'lakor!
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,867
    i love it, it has all the Daemons so im happy
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,921
    edited June 18
    The roster is good for what it is, and I can already imagine the awesome late game stacks I will make with them.

But what the roster is lacking is sorely missing, which is almost all the mortals.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 771
    It's a good roster overall, the units all sound pretty interesting.

I kinda like the Soul Grinder. The whole monster-machine hybrid concept (Doom, Quake 2 and 4, WH40K, etc.) is a winner for me.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,254
    Pretty much reflect my thoughts. Was really expecting more mortals, but what we got is solid value compared to what is missing. Marked mortals will get fleshed out in due time I'm sure, otherwise mods will for certain.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,361
    Meh
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,955
    I really quite like it, and I've never been a fan of monogods per se. All of the daemons are in at launch which is awesome, mortal units are included but they're all either twisted monsters or hardcore, post-human Chaos Warriors, they have no tier one infantry and jump straight to tier two with Bloodletters and Chaos Warriors which will probably be a lvl 2 building recruitable akin to Saurus. The lack of Chosen I'm pretty glad about, that role is taken up by the Exalted Bloodletters and the elite mortal units such as Wrathmongers when they get a LP; it really helps to differentiate them from the Warriors of Chaos and feel like it's own bona fide race. All in all a pretty good precedent for the other three chaos races.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 234
    Seems like a solid roster. Angry red folk all around.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,907
    Lol is my thought.

The forum hasn't been this entertaining for years.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,365

Lol is my thought.

Yeah it's been pretty cringe
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    edited June 18
    I think it's meh.

I would have preferred CA use the DoC book as it was designed instead breaking it up into mono armies.
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 619
    The focus on expensive daemon units is appropriate and in terms of value this game is shaping up to be the most immediate value out of the trilogy. Which still means it's kind of meh but CA's model has been to drown players in free stuff so give it a year and the value of the game will have effectively doubled even if you avoid all the DLC. The rosters being focused does mean there are less units but it both minimizes redundancy and since there are 6 rosters in the base game in terms of overall units we should end up 15 to 20ish units ahead when everything is said and done.

The fact that it looks like the majority of the Daemons roster is going to be in the game at launch is exciting and the exclusion of chaos knights in favor of god specific mounts suggests we'll see a focus on unique terminal units for each faction both in the base game and in the DLC. So if you like end times stuff you'll probably get to see it in game sometime after launch. The exclusion of chaff units is kind of interesting, though that may have more to do with the factions we've seen rather than an overall design decision.

Overall I'm pleased with the roster, and the Kislev roster. I'm looking forward to see what CA does with the other gods.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Absolute disaster, I was actually joking before that chosen won't be at launch as there is no budget left for them, turns out it's true, holy moly.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,907
    Jote191 said:

Lol is my thought.

One mans cringe is another mans lols.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

Jote191 said:

Lol is my thought.

One mans cringe is another mans lols.
    Or cringe is lols ;]
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,437

I actually like the direction they've taken with them. It’s a clear focus on making them an actually distinct race. It’s way better then every monogod just being an alternate version of warriors of chaos.

WHAT... They are clearly just a sprinkling of Daemons in Warriors of Chaos RED EDITION... My whole gripe is that lack of Beastmen units and no 1 Beastman unit is not enough.
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 699
    The roster is excellent. A solid shift in the right direction, which is focus on factional uniqueness and game play. CA is showing that they understand why TWW is a different TW game and showing how much they have learned over the last two games.

Confession: I think the lore is a spring board, not a rule book (literally!)

The roster is excellent. A solid shift in the right direction, which is focus on factional uniqueness and game play. CA is showing that they understand why TWW is a different TW game and showing how much they have learned over the last two games.

This is literally WoC Red with some Daemons sprinkled in.

Its not Unique, and its not as interesting as many of us where hoping for.

Glad to see you have low expectations, that leaves you easily impressed. You must live a life of wonder and amazement.
    OdTengri said:

Glad to see you have low expectations, that leaves you easily impressed. You must live a life of wonder and amazement.
    More like Khorne Demons with some Red WoC sprinkled in.
    Jote191 said:

OdTengri said:

Either way its a far cry from Hordes of Khorne
    OdTengri said:

Jote191 said:

OdTengri said:

Either way its a far cry from Hordes of Khorne
    They're going to add more mortals with dlc, so I'm not worried about that. Marked Beastmen is cool and they already added one, so their is clear interest in them. Could be dlc too. It really isn't impossible.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    Neodeinos said:

It's a solid roster.

exactly the fact they skipped easily recolored units mean what ever that will come be at least a remodel.
    OdTengri said:

see this is why i disagree with you, all of these red color editions are literally just a number change done, if they are skipping them means they are thinking some thing at least on a level of remodel to replace them .

there is gonna be dlc we know that, dlc will flesh out roster we know that too, if they are not going for this level of low hanging fruit than what ever planned for dlc has to be different from them .

and every single unit that's been included for khorne at the very least has a slight remodel or out right unique skeleton
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    Jote191 said:

OdTengri said:

nope they have slight remodel check helmets and armour elements
    saweendra said:

Jote191 said:

OdTengri said:

Yeah I love the Warriors of Khorne. I just find it funny when people still think the Demons are not the main show eventhough we get basically all of them on launch.
    edited June 18
    Jote191 said:

saweendra said:

Jote191 said:

OdTengri said:

Yeah I love the Warriors of Khorne. I just find it funny when people still think the Demons are not the main show eventhough we get basically all of them on launch.
    that's the idiotic over reaction i don't get from these people.
    we literally got every single wh daemon unit for khorne minus the slaughter brute and daemon prince the former i would still like if they kept it in their original roster of woc .

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,335
    edited June 18
    Pro: improvement over Kislev's horribly disappointimg reveal, mount choices, different mounts for characters and Lords, some interesting surprises in cultist and Soulgrinder

Con: unsurprisingly, the roster very very very small, missing iconic Marked Chosen, no khorngors

And subjectively speaking I've never been too big on Khorne and their aesthetics
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,464
    People were very happy with Flesh Hounds.

Warhounds and Flesh Hounds.... Very nice, right?