Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We are being robbed.

Comments

• Daedalusx007Daedalusx007 Registered Users Posts: 277
    I've seen a couple different threads complaining about the same things started by the same people. It's almost as if they are doing their best to appear larger than their group actually is.

Meanwhile CA is looking at the metrics like hours played in which campaigns, sales, and probably easily able to tell that the three sad sacks who played themselves by getting hyped over their own theories are just that. Three sad sacks.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but those are the ways to bet.

Dogs of War or bust!
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 634
    Gronas said:

Kiwi123 said:

Oh. My. God.
    @Canuovea @BillyRuffian @Grom_the_Paunch
    Can yall wake up and merge all this pointless af "whaaagh, ROsTerS ArE ToO sMaLL".
    Its getting **** ridiculous

So people should not be allowed to express their opinions if you dont agree with them? Seriously??

If there are a lot of topics from various people criticizing one thing, probably it means a lot of people are unhappy with CAs work and its good that they speak up.

A lot of people are dissapointed with how CA is doing things for past few years and its not gonna change by staying silent.
    Yep. Because i totally said that people shouldn't express their dislike........ nice reading comprehension m8.
    I said merge into one thread. Theres no need for 25 topics that same the exact same thing. It's pointless clutter.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,725
    Both rosters fulfill exactly what they were intended to.

The Kislev roster is loaded for bear with hybrid units, they require less to accomplish more. That doesn't mean room for growth isn't there, Frostfiends, Mounted Ice Guard, mount options, etc., but it's far from incomplete.

Khornes roster is in a similar boat for a different reason. Everything in Khornes roster facilitates the same function. It's melee, slightly faster melee, better armored melee, and cycle charge melee. There is only so many ways you can take get in there and **** **** up before everything starts to flow together. That being said, like Kislev there's room to grow. Specifically cheap Khorne bloodthirsty cultists, Chaos Knights trading the melee power of Skullcrushers for cost, Chosen of Khorne to bring the absolute be all end all beat sticks, and whatever other Daemons they manufacture. But what is there is all there was going to be. A dozen different ways to krump in melee.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,296
    You cannot be robbed if you are willfully giving the money with a view of what you are getting in advance. G3 will be amazing, just spend the money and love it for a decade already.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    There is a element of pay walking stuff that should be there from launch. However, we are getting 6 starting races instead of 4.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,143

There is a element of pay walking stuff that should be there from launch. However, we are getting 6 starting races instead of 4.

This.

When we heard we were getting 6 races at launch - people assumed 6 full sized rosters like game 2. Instead we are getting 6 rosters at about 75% what we expected...

Now that is still more content then we were getting previously; but it does leave a bitter taste. I'm certainly no longer excited to hear about the other roster anymore - I'd rather hear about the supposed siege rework.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 708
    Damn CA and their practice of taking peoples' money without their consent!
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wives!
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,165

This.

When we heard we were getting 6 races at launch - people assumed 6 full sized rosters like game 2. Instead we are getting 6 rosters at about 75% what we expected...

Now that is still more content then we were getting previously; but it does leave a bitter taste. I'm certainly no longer excited to hear about the other roster anymore - I'd rather hear about the supposed siege rework.
    How much of that lost 25% is due to the WH2 rosters being bloated with filler units that saw little to no use? I'd rather have lean and mean rosters that WH2 2.0. The one point which feels like cut content is the 2 heroes per faction, CA has reduced that number in each new game in the trilogy
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,785
    I mean technically we are getting 7 races at launch for the price of the game, no?

Kislev
    Cathay
    Khorne
    Tzeentch
    Nurgle
    Slaanesh
    Pre-order
    Change is on the way...

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,086
    Kebab_man said:

25 units per roster isn't unreasonable when you factor in that there will be 7 rosters, plus the pre-order for everyone who pre-orders

You mean 18-20 non-character units per roster, with a lot of that being variants of the same thing to pad the numbers. Cheap infantry with swords and shields, cheap infantry with spears and shields, cheap infantry with great weapons, expensive infantry with swords and shields, expensive infantry with great weapons, expensive infantry with halberds. That's a third of a roster right there, but fundamentally only two different units.

And yes, that little effort is unreasonable. Particularly 5 out of 7 factions are probably going have a big unit overlap.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    I'm just going to copy-paste my previous comment:
    "After a bit of math, I came to the conclusion that if the other 4 races have the same roster size as Khorne (23×5=115) and add Kislev's roster (115+25=140), WH3 will have 19 more units than WH2 (140-121=19). Add to that the fact that WH2's unit roster's were filled with pointless variants (roughly 1/4 of the Skaven's roster were normal Skaven infantry with different types of armour), wheras game 3's roster seems to have the big majority of units as unique rather than variants, and I fail to see the problem (I even excluded the pre-order bonus and Bel'akor's race)."
    And just a general note, but all this "that is not the literal textbook definition of robbery, hurh hurh hurh!" commentary really isn't adding anything. I mean, really, are you lot going to pretend that you don't understand it to be a figure of speech?

Yeah, hyberpole gets annoying after a while, but so do intensionally dense replies in order to annoy the upset person. You can't really offer any reasonable complaint about pointless comments and topics while doing exactly that yourself, and it seems to me that the criticism being offered in this topic, paying a full game's price for some paper-thin rosters with a lot of copy/paste in them not really being solid value and fairly obviously being an intended platform for DLC spam, is not entirely invalid.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,345

There's no excuse for how small those rosters are. They're gonna milk people dry for units that should have been in the khorne and likely other chaos god factions to begin with.

There is 6 factions at launch in game 3, as opposed to 4 factions at launch.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    Tayvar said:

There's no excuse for how small those rosters are. They're gonna milk people dry for units that should have been in the khorne and likely other chaos god factions to begin with.

There is 6 factions at launch in game 3, as opposed to 4 factions at launch.
    7, maybe 8 with Bel'akor.

I'm just going to copy-paste my previous comment:
    "After a bit of math, I came to the conclusion that if the other 4 races have the same roster size as Khorne (23×5=115) and add Kislev's roster (115+25=140), WH3 will have 19 more units than WH2 (140-121=19). Add to that the fact that WH2's unit roster's were filled with pointless variants (roughly 1/4 of the Skaven's roster were normal Skaven infantry with different types of armour), wheras game 3's roster seems to have the big majority of units as unique rather than variants, and I fail to see the problem (I even excluded the pre-order bonus and Bel'akor's race)."

That only works if we count "chaos warrior" as 12 different units, because it comes in three different variants and each of those will come in four different colors. If they'd come in greatsword and spear/shield variants too, you'd have counted them for 20. And Belakor will have how many unique units?

Sure, the WH2 Skaven roster wasn't impressive either. Discounting characters, they had skavenslaves, clanrats, glorified clanrats, doomwheels, catapults, zap guns, vial throwers, rat ogres, abominations, gutter runners, plague monks, and warpfire throwers, no?

What does Khorne have?
    Chaos warriors, bloodletters, gorebeast chariot, bloodcrushers, warhounds, furies, Khornedogs, chaos spawn, minos, soul grinder, bloodthister, blood shrine, and skullcannon. Looks like 13, which beats the Skaven, except 5 are copy/pasted units with a paint job. And one suspects that at least two of the remaining seven will be rainbow units available to all four chaos gods and probably also to Belakor. That means just bloodletters, doggies, bloodthister, blood shrine, and skullcannon as unique Khorne stuff.
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 659
    With each 2-3 unit from dlc, we will also get new lord mechanic, so Im ok with that. It also means that those faction could be reworked multiple times and I think it good thing too.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • AnkrissAnkriss Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    Blame players who agree to pay for this, it's more about people accepting the price than the company abusing. As long as customers purchase every single DLC, the CA will funnel into this business model. Sadly nerds are too desperate to get new things to consider or not the price.
    Ankriss said:

Blame players who agree to pay for this, it's more about people accepting the price than the company abusing. As long as customers purchase every single DLC, the CA will funnel into this business model. Sadly nerds are too desperate to get new things to consider or not the price.

People not flocking to buy every single DLC is probably what killed 3K, though.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 778
    The Robber Barons of the Assembly are official canon now.

And just a general note, but all this "that is not the literal textbook definition of robbery, hurh hurh hurh!" commentary really isn't adding anything. I mean, really, are you lot going to pretend that you don't understand it to be a figure of speech?

Yeah, hyberpole gets annoying after a while, but so do intensionally dense replies in order to annoy the upset person. You can't really offer any reasonable complaint about pointless comments and topics while doing exactly that yourself, and it seems to me that the criticism being offered in this topic, paying a full game's price for some paper-thin rosters with a lot of copy/paste in them not really being solid value and fairly obviously being an intended platform for DLC spam, is not entirely invalid.

DLC spam? DLCs make the rosters more complete, and it was like that in game 2 as well.
    Tayvar said:

DLC spam? DLCs make the rosters more complete, and it was like that in game 2 as well.
    DLCs certainly do make the rosters more complete, but right now the roster for Kislev feels very skinny and the roster for Khorne has something like 5 things that might be uniquely Khorne non-character units.

To me that would indeed indicate that CA have plans of really doing some DLC work with the core races before they start updating the old races. And given what happened with 3K, we can pretty much assume that if at any point their DLC aren't selling then rather than trying to learn from it or changing directions, they'll just stop the whole thing and move on.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,459
    Your analogy is particularily ill fitting even as analogies go.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,378
    its clear that the additional 2 races(3 if you count the pre order) is taking its toll. But then again they had 3 times longer for WH3 development.

I'm not exactly upset with either rosters(except Ice Witches getting bear mounts) but I'm not blown away by them either. For a first impression for the 3rd game is a resounding "Meh, its okay I suppose"

At the very least I rather be sold cut content than have any sort of micro transactions infect the game.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 486
    edited June 18
    I lol so hard at this kind of threads that I almost fall off my chair and hurt myself so bad I need to call for an ambulance. Under no circumstances do you get robbed if you feel the product is not worth the investment, then grow a pair of balls and refuse to buy it. Do someone hold you at gunpoint and will shoot you unless you buy or something similar?

There is only one way this perceived image of not getting what you pay for changes and that is enough ppl feel it and stop buying what is nonsense.
    edited June 18

Tayvar said:

DLCs certainly do make the rosters more complete, but right now the roster for Kislev feels very skinny and the roster for Khorne has something like 5 things that might be uniquely Khorne non-character units.

To me that would indeed indicate that CA have plans of really doing some DLC work with the core races before they start updating the old races. And given what happened with 3K, we can pretty much assume that if at any point their DLC aren't selling then rather than trying to learn from it or changing directions, they'll just stop the whole thing and move on.
    6 factions at launch is a stronger foundation, and more planning for DLCs is not a bad thing.
  • LethafaceLethaface Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 90
    Gronas said:

Kiwi123 said:

Oh. My. God.
    @Canuovea @BillyRuffian @Grom_the_Paunch
    Can yall wake up and merge all this pointless af "whaaagh, ROsTerS ArE ToO sMaLL".
    Its getting **** ridiculous

So people should not be allowed to express their opinions if you dont agree with them? Seriously??

If there are a lot of topics from various people criticizing one thing, probably it means a lot of people are unhappy with CAs work and its good that they speak up.

A lot of people are dissapointed with how CA is doing things for past few years and its not gonna change by staying silent.
    Are people not allowed to express their opinions about if they don't agree with you?

I don't like complaining, apart from complaining about entitled dramaking/queen complainers. Excuse me.
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,257

I compared Khorne roster with Lizardmen roster the moments WH2 came out, and Khorne is below the number of Lizardmen units by:

1 infantry unit
    1 Heroe
    1 LL

So, In general terms, they are ok, they are not "small"
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 867

I compared Khorne roster with Lizardmen roster the moments WH2 came out, and Khorne is below the number of Lizardmen units by:

1 infantry unit
    1 Heroe
    1 LL

Exactly. It still baffles me how they complained about small roster while in fact it's not smaller than WH1/WH2 factions at launch. In fact if you take 6 factions into account, we actually have more stuffs going on here in WH3
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    I agree, my expectations for game 3 were extremly low, yet CA still somehow managed to disappoint me. Unbelievable.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,143
    talonn said:

1 infantry unit
    1 Heroe
    1 LL

Exactly. It still baffles me how they complained about small roster while in fact it's not smaller than WH1/WH2 factions at launch. In fact if you take 6 factions into account, we actually have more stuffs going on here in WH3
    I don't disagree. My complaint is more the direction then the quantity or quality. A soul grinder is a big flashy monster that looks nice but doesn't really add a great deal to the game mechanically. In MP They will be extremely limited; and in SP they will only be available at a point where roster variety becomes secondary to doomstacking.

Khorne Marauders and Khorne Chosen are not flashy - but they add much more to the roster. Marauders as a tier 1 stepping stone in SP and a cheap chaff frontline in MP; and Chosen as the solid backbone of a late game army up to and including the point where money is no longer meaningful.

Most players never actually finish the majority of their campaigns - so the units that come early are oftne more important or well used then the ones that come later. And for Khorne their early game is very limited... and their late game quickly descends into only big monsters. It's only the mid-game where they have much variety; and that's the shortest phase f the game right now.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.