Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fear not ye faithful of the unholy...SFO will save us all.

GwydionGwydion Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,247
SFO has done a masterful job in my opinion. ESPECIALLY with the 2 chaos factions that are just a teeth pulling experience to play in vanilla imo.

So everyone worried about rosters, missing units... etc relax.

SFO will fill those gaps. I think it has 400,000 unqiue subs the last i checked? and its some of the teams full time job their patreon is so well supported / funded.

So while we wait for the inevitable dlc train to fill out the monogod rosters... just sit back and get on the SFO train.

You probably wont get off of said train once youve tried it tbh.
PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!

Comments

• VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 924
    edited June 18
    I play mostly with sfo these days, but a modder should never have to carry a game. They've done a great job at fleshing out factions rosters and mechanics and throwing in a bunch of fun stuff.

This probably belongs more in modding as suggesting mods will fix the game obviously doesn't fix the core game issues.

For real though, if anyone hasn't tried sfo I'd heavily recommend it.
  • panda_express12panda_express12 Member Registered Users Posts: 309
    lol
    Rig
    CPU: i7 9700kf 4.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,715
    Not denying it has some good parts like challenging quest battles and less powercreep overall but i can't suffer its random unit balance which is often even less loreful than vanilla.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,760
    I'd rather walk over hot coals.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,887
    SFO did some great things, but mostly on the mechanics side... rosters need CA to be truly good.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,142

Not denying it has some good parts like challenging quest battles and less powercreep overall but i can't suffer its random unit balance which is often even less loreful than vanilla.

I agree - SFO unit balance really feels all over the place; and I don't like what they have done with unit model numbers.

Regardless mods don't make a game (or shouldn't at least at launch).
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
  • cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 551
    Xenos7777 said:

SFO did some great things, but mostly on the mechanics side... rosters need CA to be truly good.

For WH3 with SFO you will be able to choose to play only with the campaign mechanics and not with battle/units changes or viceversa if you like SFO battles but not campaign mechanics
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,142
    cabans33 said:

Xenos7777 said:

For WH3 with SFO you will be able to choose to play only with the campaign mechanics and not with battle/units changes or viceversa if you like SFO battles but not campaign mechanics
    Now that sounds interesting - though we don't know what CA are doing on the campaign side yet.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.

cabans33 said:

Xenos7777 said:

Now that sounds interesting - though we don't know what CA are doing on the campaign side yet.
    Yeah, even if CA do great sure SFO will improve it.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679
    edited June 18
    SFO can go and do whatever. I don't care for it. It's not some lord and saviour or whatever and has a load of stuff that in my opinion is "Meh".

EXPANDED ROSTERS, XOUDAD'S EXPANSIONS AND MIXU FTW!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    cabans33 said:

Xenos7777 said:

I'm curious, did they announce this? I thought the reason most people like SFO is that it's a big compatible bundle of a lot of mods, why would they change the model?

It's great news for me, since there's things in SFO that seem interesting but I don't want most of the things the mod adds, but doesn't make much sense.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • Kouran_DarkhandKouran_Darkhand Registered Users Posts: 579
    I can’t play without SFO anymore. The lorefriendly approach is too good to come back to 60 Blood Knights, for example.

Said this, SFO shouldn’t be the hope of the third game. It’s CA who needs to do the good models, voices and basics of each faction. Modders can be brilliant, but they lack the tools of developers.
    You are the true king of the elves, Malekith. You are the son of Aenarion, champion of the Daemon War, heir to the Phoenix Crown. It is your right by deed, merit and birth and I would give my life to see that ancient wrong reversed and your rightful position restored. As an elf I can think of no higher calling.

• Kouran_DarkhandKouran_Darkhand Registered Users Posts: 579
    In any case, CA should thank SFO because they have copied from SFO many Quality of Life changes that SFO had made before. And we should thank them both too.
    I love CA is able to see the good things made by others and implement them in the game.
    You are the true king of the elves, Malekith. You are the son of Aenarion, champion of the Daemon War, heir to the Phoenix Crown. It is your right by deed, merit and birth and I would give my life to see that ancient wrong reversed and your rightful position restored. As an elf I can think of no higher calling.

• aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 962
    I agree with the gorilla. SFO is garbage.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679
    edited June 18

I can’t play without SFO anymore. The lorefriendly approach is too good to come back to 60 Blood Knights, for example.

The lore friendly approach like, iirc, Witch Elves being tar pits with Rampage rather than melee Blenders with Rampage?

I remember doing KF's runefang battle ages ago. The "nurgle warhounds" they used to replace the Chaos Warhounds with Poison (LOREFUL AND A TT UNIT!) basically butchered my army. WHich wasn't a Doomstack but also no trash chaff early game army... I won, but the Casualties inflicted by the Nurgle Hounds was completely out of proportion...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

cabans33 said:

Xenos7777 said:

I'm curious, did they announce this? I thought the reason most people like SFO is that it's a big compatible bundle of a lot of mods, why would they change the model?

It's great news for me, since there's things in SFO that seem interesting but I don't want most of the things the mod adds, but doesn't make much sense.
    Yes they announced it, its a video in youtube where they announce the schedule for WH2 last DLC and WH3. I cant find it but sure it is
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,642
    I couldn't care less about SFO. The only mods I use are ER (Expanded Roster) and race mods (OvN, Cataph's SR, Norse Dwarfs and Sea Patrol, Kislev Reborn).
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,887
    cabans33 said:

Xenos7777 said:

I'll use both nevertheless, I've no problem with SFO design: it's just models that they can't really add. On the Workshop we've kinda half a dozen models total that can be considered of professional quality. We'll always need DLC for this game.
    Yes, i like SFO but just for the increase in complexity and decision making. Also for mechanics specific for standar LLs.

The units for me dont add much
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 924

SFO can go and do whatever. I don't care for it. It's not some lord and saviour or whatever and has a load of stuff that in my opinion is "Meh".

Been meaning to try expanded rosters sometime, haven't heard pf xoudads though.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,223
    Never takes long for someone to make a thread felating the tinkerers. This seems to happen whenever a new game is announced. It's like they need constant reassurance whenever the spotlight isn't on them.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 189
    SFO is the pits.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,947
    **** mods!
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,813
    Urgh mods… I would rather drink acid than playing with SFO. 😖
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 94
    edited June 19
    I remember playing SFO back in the day. It was a nice change of pace as certain features and units were changed/buffed in cool ways.

But nowadays it has so many new features and has incorporated so many other mods that SFO just has a massive feature bloat. It rivals a dozen Skaven rosters!
    ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜
    Le future of Bretonnian DLC.

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,462
    I love sfo right now have a woc campagne is fun!

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,247
    Mods.. urgh
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

edited June 19
    Vildvarg said:

Sigmar's Heirs, Swords of the Emperor, Sons of Aenarion.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    I cannot play without mods, jus vanilla is so easy and the higher difficulties just consist on buffing the computer while not making the player think strategycally, just using absurd mix maxing procedures
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,219

Vildvarg said:

Sigmar's Heirs, Swords of the Emperor, Sons of Aenarion.
    I like SoE, (as well as Valten), but other two have a unit bloating problem for me