Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant Download the multiplayer beta because segapass is down D:

CommunistpinkCommunistpink Junior MemberPosts: 6Registered Users
edited February 2012 in Total War Eras - Multiplayer
Me and a friend got empire total war so we could play online with eachother in the campagin, but now we cant do it becasue segapass is down :(! I've been wondering if you could like send a link to me that leads me to the beta Down load if thats even possible. Please reply back
Post edited by Communistpink on

Comments

• 4rdi4rdi Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have a mirror of that file?
  • andy276andy276 Senior Member Posts: 148Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    There's actually no file, when you apply you get a code to unlock the beta in Steam. So there's nothing anyone can do (eycept Sega, of course).
  • CommunistpinkCommunistpink Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Cant the total war creaters like take it from sega untill they come back up and upload it to their site
  • DridliciousDridlicious Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    I'm stuck in the same boat as you guys. I've tried sending emails to the support email listed, but I've never received a confirmation email let alone a response, and I've sent emails to them via multiple addresses and still haven't gotten a reply in almost a month now.

Edit- I just sent an email to the UK support email and got a confirmation email instantly so if you guys unlike myself are lucky enough to be outside the US then emailing support is probably the avenue to take.
    edited August 2011
    What did the email say?
  • DridliciousDridlicious Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    It was simply a confirmation email letting me know that the problem will be addressed in the next two days, but this method worked for someone else attempting to obtain a beta key on the TWC forums, it just doesn't seem to be working with the US support email listed at least in my case.
    edited August 2011
    So does this mean they will give u the beta?
  • AzureCuzYeahAzureCuzYeah Member Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    This is killing me. I really want to try the empire Multiplayer campaign.
    http://www.azuretotalwar.com Shogun Total War replays and commentary.
  • Caly5000Caly5000 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    You can Get the Activation Code from the Sega Customer support team thats what i did Send a message to:

customersupportuk@sega.co.uk

And say:

I need A product activation Code for Empire total war multyplayer Beta. Sega Pass is down Can you please Send me one?
  • ClowniusClownius Member Posts: 42Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Does anyone think Sega Pass is ever going to return?
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Uncertain, but possibly not.
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    edited August 2011
    thanks ill see if that works
    edited August 2011
    It does work! the uk services gave me the code and i now have the beta! :)
  • Caly5000Caly5000 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    You can Get the Activation Code from the Sega Customer support team thats what i did Send a message to:

And say:

I need A product activation Code for Empire total war multyplayer Beta. Sega Pass is down Can you please Send me one?
  • Kell AsetKell Aset Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2011
    Caly5000 wrote: »
    And say:
    Thanks much for suggestion, their response was fast and I got my key :).
  • mybearmybear Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    Here are the steps:

1) Write to customer support at Sega and ask them for the code for multiplayer beta because sega pass is down.

2) They will happily give it to you (trust me, I did this)

3) In steam, there is a tab on the upper left hand corner that says, "Games", then you click on that and go down to, "activate a product on steam"

4) You put in the code you got from sega and...YOU HAVE THE MULTIPLAYER BETA!
  • pwninabspwninabs Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    yeah i did this and all i got was

Hi,
    The beta is currently unavailable
    best regards,
    evan
    Sega customer support.

should i just email again? maybe the guy was in a bad mood o_O
  • seagerisseageris Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    hi, i have done what you said i get a code from sega, but... steam said that the code is not valid.? i dont understand
    in letter i have writed ,,hi, can you give me empire total war multiplayer beta code?" , thanks for a answers
  • KyhKyh Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Don't go to the US one.
    Send a message to the .co.uk one, my friend had the same problem.
  • cvchcvch Senior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I just sent the e-mail, hope it works...
  • BlanmanBlanman Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Really need a mod on this... They closed the beta key give away, at the start of the month, but didn't put the sticky here, or let the moderators in on it. Basically I got ****ed around for days, thanks to segapass being down. Then I find this light at the end of the tunnel, to find out its a truck, and get told I was 20 days too late. Its easier to tell us to buy the other games, which I have, and don't want to play on LAN then it is to add it to the steam store as a free DLC with a beta disclaimer I suppose... I wouldn't expect this kind of curve ball from EA, and I dispise EAs update, and customer support system, but I have been playing TotalWar for years, and never once felt ****ed around till this week.
  • BlanmanBlanman Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Need some one to close these threads, this is showing on the first page. Put up the sticky for the keys being closed, and shut these little splinter threads down Before more people get that ****ed around feeling while they sit patiently at the edge of there seat waiting for that key, becuase they want to play this with a pal, not the newer ones that they probably already own and are sick of, but Empire, the jewel in the new collection of TotalWar games.

Best part is even if I wiggle one code out of tech support because there was no sticky in the multiplayer forums; the first place I looked for some insane reason for info on a multiplayer patch. I still can't play with my roommate who also needs one...
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,822Registered Users, Moderators
    edited February 2012

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.