Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How do I add units to different factions to be recruited?

chrismck123123chrismck123123 Registered Users Posts: 1
So I wanna create this we have joined forces mod. I’m trying to get the Tomb Kong’s Settra be able to recruit Choas Units. This will be in Total War Warhammer 2. I just don’t know we’re to start.

Any help guys?

Comments

• UrzaUrza Registered Users Posts: 7
    I recommand you to Dl Marienburg - Elven Community made by Selian on the workshop. It's a mod for the empire to recruit high elves units, you can use it as a model to make you're own ;)
  • AndrewDrewDragonAndrewDrewDragon Registered Users Posts: 2
    There are a couple of guides that touch this topic, though mostly with completely new units. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?621120-How-to-make-a-custom-unit-with-PFM is for a different game but the core concept is the same. The short version of how to add a unit.

Add the unit key to the bulding_units_allowed_tables. This table is the mapping of what buildings allow what units. There are a couple things you need to do here.
    1. have a row for the unit for each level of the building, ie emp_spearman have a row for each level of the barracks building
    2. The column that has a random number in must be unique. This applies to each row for the unit. With wh2's rouge armies, the number you will need to pick will need to be quite large (think billions)

Add the unit to the unit_to_groupings_military_permissions_table. This table marks what units are allowed to be used by which factions.

Add the battle animation keys to the culture_to_battle_animation_tables_tables. This table indicates which animations are usable by which factions.
    1. The names for a units animations are not super intuitive here. You can find them by looking at the unit in question in the land_units_table. There is a column there that will let you know which animation is theirs.
    2. If your unit is on a mount, you may have to add the mounts animation too (ie if I want to make demigryph knights usable by brettonia, I have to add the demigrypth's animation and the riders animation).

Some units require more table edits, but this should be enough to hopefully get you started.
    Also a good idea to find out what tables you need to hit is to find a mod that does something similar to what you want and kinda pattern match it.

• Nevermore73Nevermore73 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Attempting to follow the above instructions with the goal of getting units from a Brettonia custom units mod (Ascopa Brittonia SFO) to be recruitible by Empire. So far the units are not appearing in either Custom Battles or Empire Campaign.

Im editing the Ascopa mod itself, but saved under a new name. Ive removed all additional_building_requirement from main_units_table. The ascopa mod also appears to have no research_junctions so that shouldnt be causing a problem.

Could someone point me in the direction where I might be going wrong with the PFM edits?

building_units_allowed_tables

units_custom_battle_permissions

units_to_groupings_military_permissions

• VisarionVisarion Registered Users Posts: 1
    Have you found out?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file