Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Disabling all the DLC in WARHAMMER II

HawkubiteHawkubite Registered Users Posts: 3
edited February 14 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Hello. Sorry if wrong sub-forum, but I have a question. I own Warhammer II with all the DLC, and I am overwhelmed. I want to play the game as much vanilla as possible to get used to it. For this I need to disable all the DLC. So far I have went to steam,- Open Steam
TW: Warhammer II,'Properties', 'Additional Content (DLC)' and disabled all the FLC and DLC. Even thought I have done this when playing as Tyrion I haven noticed that Broken Axe from The Warden and the Paunch DLC and Avelorn from The Queen and the Crone are both present on the map. Yet as mentioned I want to play Vanilla campaign with no DLC. Is it possible to disable them as if I owned no DLC or even if someone owns no DLC they are still in game, just unplayable?
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 661
    This is the 1st time, I read that a player will disable all dlc's and flc's. o:)

I think this not a good idea, because dlc's and flc's are (new) contents for Warhammer II. :/

So, the game is more fun to play and more opportunities. :*
    Also, with all the dlc's an flc's that is the vanilla version with this game Warhammer II. ;)

If you use mods then the game Warhammer II isn't anymore a vanilla version. :*

Maybe you are mistaken about this. :/
    For the Empire Reikland! Long live Emperor Karl Franz!

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,679
    I believe disabling the DLCs just prevents you, the player, from using the units and factions but does not stop the AI. As far as I know all factions are added to the base game but you need to own the DLCs so that you can play them.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • HawkubiteHawkubite Registered Users Posts: 3
    MasterSayo01, I want to play few vanilla campaigns to get to used to and learn to play the game. It is quite different from last few total war games like Shogun 2 or Three Kingdoms.

BillyRuffian, so if I were to buy Vanilla Warhammer 2 now, it would feature all the DLC? I just had to pay to unlock them?
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 661
    edited June 2021
    Hawkubite said:

MasterSayo01, I want to play few vanilla campaigns to get to used to and learn to play the game. It is quite different from last few total war games like Shogun 2 or Three Kingdoms.

BillyRuffian, so if I were to buy Vanilla Warhammer 2 now, it would feature all the DLC? I just had to pay to unlock them?

You don't have to do this, because in the "Vortex Campaign" you can select the box "introduction" of a legendary lord from a faction (see the picture). ;)

So, the advisor should help you how to play with a faction etc. :*

Post edited by MasterSayo01 on
    For the Empire Reikland! Long live Emperor Karl Franz!

• HawkubiteHawkubite Registered Users Posts: 3
    MasterSayo01, I know that. The issue here is that the new lords change the meta of the game.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,603
    If you don't own DLC content is still there. Even if you can't play as Ikit he can and will blast you with nukes. Sorry.
  • DedotatedWamDedotatedWam Registered Users Posts: 6
    I wish this was the case. Total War has turned into the epitome of Power Creep. Every added faction, mechanic, and feature introduces increasingly broken elements that reduce the aspects of balance and strategy. All of these additions are poorly thought and designed merely to attract new players.

If no one has said this yet, the best thing you can do is opt into previous betas through Steam. This will rollback your version of the game, but that also comes with its own issues as you'll also likely be reintroducing archived bugs. Not to mention it's extremely annoying as you'll be literally reinstalling the game every time you do this.
This discussion has been closed.