Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The most anticipated WH3 crossover LP

2»

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,636
    ArneSo said:

Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

Also, :s Skaven content :s

More Skaven content is always good. It’s the most popular Race and Thanquol as the most wanted character will sell like hot cakes.

He could come against anything tbh. Both Cathay and Kislev would be very fitting but he could also come against one of the Monos.

My choice wouid be Cathay since it gives Skaven a start position in the Far East.
    I would put him against Monos since his lore about accidentally summoning demons instead of verminlords which leaves room for Cathay/Kislev for crossovers against other destruction races like VC/GS etc.

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,616
    Dwarfs Vs Chaos Dwarfs or riot.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
    edited June 25

That will literally never happen. CD will be a DLC race.

It doesn't even make sense thematically. I don't think I've ever read a single instance of the two of them even fighting. They refuse to even talk about each other.

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,616
    edited June 25

It doesn't even make sense thematically. I don't think I've ever read a single instance of the two of them even fighting. They refuse to even talk about each other.

So what you're saying is... RIOT?

Also I don't recall there being much beef between Lizardmen and Beastmen lorewise. Or Snitch and Malus. Any narrative can be made between two factions or faction LL's. D vs CD will at least have a familial enmity.

Anyone want to play 'Spot the Beastman in Lustria?'
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,028

It makes sense thematically to people who don't deeply care about Warhammer lore(which is most people). It's natural to see Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs as rivals like Dark Elves to High Elves.

CA has released DLC for DLC races now and with no future restrictions on certain Lords or races being saved for a future game, CA could literally make any combo of content they felt would sell.

It makes sense thematically to people who don't deeply care about Warhammer lore(which is most people). It's natural to see Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs as rivals like Dark Elves to High Elves.

CA has released DLC for DLC races now and with no future restrictions on certain Lords or races being saved for a future game, CA could literally make any combo of content they felt would sell.

CA has not yet released a DLC for a DLC within the same game. It's not impossible, but it hasn't happened yet.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,042
    ArneSo, my nemesis, who put you in a jail
    BsFG dwarf
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,011

CA has not yet released a DLC for a DLC within the same game. It's not impossible, but it hasn't happened yet.
    It's far more likely they will see what happened with other campaign packs during their own game and see a little bit of FLC possibly even FLC LLs. It's like how Morghur and Harpies was added for free in Game one or the Bone Giant in game 2.

I very much doubt we will see a DLC for DLC race in the game they are from. Why pay $18 for the CD Campaign pack when you can get access to their whole roster, even more units for their roster, AND new Dwarf content for half that price?

It's far more likely they will see what happened with other campaign packs during their own game and see a little bit of FLC possibly even FLC LLs. It's like how Morghur and Harpies was added for free in Game one or the Bone Giant in game 2.

I very much doubt we will see a DLC for DLC race in the game they are from. Why pay $18 for the CD Campaign pack when you can get access to their whole roster, even more units for their roster, AND new Dwarf content for half that price?
    It might happen if game 3 is being supported for upwards of a decade and we get to the point where there is demand for more CD/OK content. But certainly not anytime soon, no.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,408

It might happen if game 3 is being supported for upwards of a decade and we get to the point where there is demand for more CD/OK content. But certainly not anytime soon, no.
    Don't even think that. I think after the main run that is planned. Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, and whatever target number they expect for lords for game 3 then they will start to think about other things and more alternatives. I don't think that will be 10 years, but at least 3 years.
    Nyxilis said:

Don't even think that. I think after the main run that is planned. Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, and whatever target number they expect for lords for game 3 then they will start to think about other things and more alternatives. I don't think that will be 10 years, but at least 3 years.
    3 years after wh:3 launch or the DLC launch?