Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

so what do owners of previous bm dlc get?

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,377
    Akiroox said:

We get a full rework for BM, a minor rework for Dawi (that no one expected), a Dawi LL (that no one expected) and 2 expensive monsters (that no one expected), and a DoW-like mechanic (that no one expected),yet ppl are still unhappy? I believe this is the biggest DLC they made.

I'm very excited about the new content but also very disappointed the FLC LL isn't Beastmen. Does that make me unhappy ?
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,921
    Akiroox said:

We get a full rework for BM, a minor rework for Dawi (that no one expected), a Dawi LL (that no one expected) and 2 expensive monsters (that no one expected), and a DoW-like mechanic (that no one expected),yet ppl are still unhappy? I believe this is the biggest DLC they made.

I feel like any hardcore fan of any race is always unhappy.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,618

Akiroox said:

do you not understand plain english? what do owners of firs dlc get compared to owner of just second dlc?

geez...
    Khazrak and Malagor + Boris AND that strange mini-campaign.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,605

Varintraz said:

Varintraz said:

nothing CAUSE Bm have already 4 LL with Taurox

WE would have only got 3 LLs with Sisters. SO they needed Drycha to get on that minimum of 4

there is no minimum nor maximum. lm have 7 while norsca has 2 LL. idk why people are obsessed with equality in LLs when it clearly doesn't matter.
    4 will be a goal to go for every faction. Every new DLC Race got 4 they updated every old race except norsca to 4 (and they mentioned they are not happy with them). 4 feels like the number that CA is minimum aiming at ... for the moment.
    again, no faction is limited to 4 LL. why are dwarfs getting another LL when they already have 4 LL. don't see ur point.
    Dwarfs are a core race, Beastmen are DLC. No DLC race so far have more than 4 lords, in fact all campaign pack races i.e BM, WE, VPC and TK now have 4 LL each. Race packs like Norsca and WoC get fewer lords.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,335
    Akiroox said:

All of those are FLC available for everyone.

Read the title.
    edited July 1
    KN_Gars said:

Varintraz said:

Varintraz said:

nothing CAUSE Bm have already 4 LL with Taurox

WE would have only got 3 LLs with Sisters. SO they needed Drycha to get on that minimum of 4

there is no minimum nor maximum. lm have 7 while norsca has 2 LL. idk why people are obsessed with equality in LLs when it clearly doesn't matter.
    4 will be a goal to go for every faction. Every new DLC Race got 4 they updated every old race except norsca to 4 (and they mentioned they are not happy with them). 4 feels like the number that CA is minimum aiming at ... for the moment.
    again, no faction is limited to 4 LL. why are dwarfs getting another LL when they already have 4 LL. don't see ur point.
    Dwarfs are a core race, Beastmen are DLC. No DLC race so far have more than 4 lords, in fact all campaign pack races i.e BM, WE, VPC and TK now have 4 LL each. Race packs like Norsca and WoC get fewer lords.
    Pareidolia is a very common problem among this fandom...
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 786
    A generic lord. I guess it is a bit disappointing, but fair enough.

What bothers me is the lack of any legendary heroe for any faction.
  • RevoranRevoran Member Registered Users Posts: 270
    Beastmen already got a FLC LL - Morghur.

They already said that now each Beastmen LL will lead its own faction, so i'll be happy if they all have unique starting positions and overhauled campaigns.
    Revoran said:

They already said that now each Beastmen LL will lead its own faction, so i'll be happy if they all have unique starting positions and overhauled campaigns.

There's nothing "free" about a LL that requires you to buy a whole separate Racepack in order to access dude.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,836
    I feel like the new dawi LL is a waste.

Not because they don't deserve it, but because i would have preferred them to focus on BM this time.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    A whole rework of the faction, and a new Lord. Which is... expected ?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,844

Revoran said:

There's nothing "free" about a LL that requires you to buy a whole separate Racepack in order to access dude.
    given that you either already own the DLC or not, it does mean that if you do it is free to you.

Anyway, the BM get at least a FLC Lord, thou I wouldn't 100% bet that it isn't a LL, because CA can be not precise with they wording.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 766
    Apparently Dwarfs stole the spot, which is very strange, really I don't see any advantage for those who have the old DLC.

The numbers don't matter, 3, 4 or 7 LL's.
    There is no parity.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,786
    Pocman said:

I feel like the new dawi LL is a waste.

Not because they don't deserve it, but because i would have preferred them to focus on BM this time.

Dawi have went since 2016 for new content. Beastmen is getting a lord pack.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 899
    BM and WE are equal to each other at least. Even if they will lag behind TK and VP in LL/price ratio.

Hopefully we get a additional FLC LL for both in game 3.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 213
    edited July 1
    I bet the herdstone thing and general rework stuff will go to anyone with the original. Malogurst flying will too. That's a start for all y'all mad.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,254
    xDEMOSx said:

Apparently Dwarfs stole the spot, which is very strange, really I don't see any advantage for those who have the old DLC.

There is no parity.

Just like wood elves, it matters if you want to play with the original DLC LL, and units like Cygor etc...its always been like that...

BM faction mechanic rework is looking so good on top of that...I mean, I am not much into BM, but that rework make me want to play them for sure!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • FonRestorffFonRestorff Registered Users Posts: 436
    RamsesIII said:

Slightly bummed that there doesn't seem to be a FLC LL for Beastmen (so many neat characters, hoping we can get as many of them as logically possible), but everything else sounds absolutely fantastic so far.

We're getting a lord and rework, that's good enough for me.

• TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 792
    Great Bray Shaman flc
    SiWI said:

Revoran said:

given that you either already own the DLC or not, it does mean that if you do it is free to you.

Anyway, the BM get at least a FLC Lord, thou I wouldn't 100% bet that it isn't a LL, because CA can be not precise with they wording.
    What. No, if you own it that means you purchased it. That's not how being "free" works. My computer I'm currently using? It's not free just because I don't have to pay to keep using it. I bought it years ago.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,241
    Saying this a Ghorros believer.

We got Morghur in Game 1 as the FLC.
  • scope7272scope7272 Registered Users Posts: 59
    We haven't seen the full rework. There could be big changes to the existing lords. If so, then the money and time may be well spent vs creating an entirely new one.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 766

xDEMOSx said:

There is no parity.

Just like wood elves, it matters if you want to play with the original DLC LL, and units like Cygor etc...its always been like that...

BM faction mechanic rework is looking so good on top of that...I mean, I am not much into BM, but that rework make me want to play them for sure!
    Drycha is a big thing, I liked her campaign more than the sisters.

But BM won't have something like that, who only have this LP can rest assured that they won't miss anything relevant in terms of the campaign.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,844

SiWI said:

Revoran said:

What. No, if you own it that means you purchased it. That's not how being "free" works. My computer I'm currently using? It's not free just because I don't have to pay to keep using it. I bought it years ago.
    if you computers gets a new update you don't pay for, isn't that update then free?

Or do you consider all patches as "paid contend"?
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Revoran said:

if you computers gets a new update you don't pay for, isn't that update then free?

Or do you consider all patches as "paid contend"?
    You do realize you've long already paid for all the past and continued bug fixes and content updates right? Go buy a new OS and read the full package that comes with it
    edited July 1
    KirGeo said:

BM and WE are equal to each other at least. Even if they will lag behind TK and VP in LL/price ratio.

Hopefully we get a additional FLC LL for both in game 3.

People disagree I understand, But rather than set an arbitrary limit like 4 LL for DLC race.

I got with a simpler 5* USD for each LL of a payed faction.
    TK and VP have it from launch 20* USD for 4 LL each
    WoC and Norsca have this as well 3/2 LL for 10* USD
    BM and WE are outliers in they are at 4 LL with 25* USD.

This is a fair representation in monetary value imo.

Again people can disagree, but with a system like this DLC for DLC for in game 3 would be easier to explain.

This is purely a layman's logic. Making the Jabberslythe probably cost more than 3 LL would have.

*Price rounded up for easier math.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • jknarrjknarr Registered Users Posts: 13

Akiroox said:

do you not understand plain english? what do owners of firs dlc get compared to owner of just second dlc?

geez...
    Owners of the BM DLC get the ability to play Morghur, Khazrak and Malagor campaigns, which will feel completely new due to the BM rework. People who don't own the BM DLC can only play Taurox, and also won't be able to confed the other BM LLs.

That seems enough for me? What were you expecting exactly?
    jknarr said:

Akiroox said:

geez...
    Owners of the BM DLC get the ability to play Morghur, Khazrak and Malagor campaigns, which will feel completely new due to the BM rework. People who don't own the BM DLC can only play Taurox, and also won't be able to confed the other BM LLs.

jknarr said:

Morghur

Think again.
  • jknarrjknarr Registered Users Posts: 13

jknarr said:

Akiroox said:

geez...

jknarr said:

Morghur

Think again.
    Ok, yea, forgot that Morghur was FLC for BM, but the point still stands. I honestly don't see how this is different than the wood elf DLC for DLC, the entire faction benefits from updated mechanics and the previous DLC owners also benefit from the updated mechanics (even if they choose not to buy the new DLC). Previous DLC owners benefit from a greater selection of LLs.

Someone upset by this, please explain to me how this is different, because I am not getting it.
    jknarr said:

jknarr said:

Akiroox said:

geez...

jknarr said:

Morghur

Think again.
    Ok, yea, forgot that Morghur was FLC for BM, but the point still stands. I honestly don't see how this is different than the wood elf DLC for DLC, the entire faction benefits from updated mechanics and the previous DLC owners also benefit from the updated mechanics (even if they choose not to buy the new DLC). Previous DLC owners benefit from a greater selection of LLs.

Someone upset by this, please explain to me how this is different, because I am not getting it.
    I think what they mean is the rework of the races should count as an extra LL.

Right now in game 2 BM and WE get 3 LL if you own the base DLC so comparing the new DLC for DLC with each other its fair imo.

20USD you get 3 LL each for WE and BM in game 2.
    25 USD you get 4 LL each in game 2.

The problem in my eyes (not too big of a deal) is
    TK and VP get 4 LL in game 2 for 20 USD.
    Norsca has 2 LL for 10 USD and WoC has 3 LL for 10 USD.

I'm hoping BM and WE get an addition FLC lord in game 3.
    Since the rework for both appear to be pretty solid and enjoyable they wont need anything massive if a DLC is released in game 3 other than a few balances maybe.