Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ghorgon look/aesthetic feedback

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 12,385
edited July 1 in General Discussion

What is your opinion?

Please give constructive feedback so CA can make further adjustments and improvements before release based on suggestions or comments.
Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 434
    jamreal18 said:

What is your opinion?

Please give constructive feedback so CA can make further adjustments before release based on suggestions or comments.

you do not like that they switched the arms?
  • Fournier7Fournier7 Registered Users Posts: 65
    Just...perfect
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 652
    It's difficult to say from that picture, but to me it feels a bit like its skin is a bit too... clean? Unscarred, untoned. Don't really know, I can't say for sure until I get a closer look at it. Maybe it's because there's less fur and skulls and other crap in the way and thus more skin is shown compared to the TT model.

I do like that the legs are more beefy this time around, it emphasizes how weirdly skinny the TT model's leg look.

What I do find a bit odd is that they swapped the upper and lower arms around. Not sure why, I don't see it as a problem, just find it curious.
  • JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 566
    edited July 1
    I'm pretty sure the design is already finalised as two weeks in unlikely to be enough time for them to really make any changes to the model. Besides, I don't think it needs any, the model already looks good.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556

He looks pretty handsome to me. Seriously looks pretty dope.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656
    Killertut said:

jamreal18 said:

What is your opinion?

Please give constructive feedback so CA can make further adjustments before release based on suggestions or comments.

you do not like that they switched the arms?
    not really
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,018
    10/10

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Tzeentch711Tzeentch711 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Are they really that big? Those bestigors cant even reach their ankles.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,334
    Firstly I think the ghorgon looks awesome. Does he look a bit chubby tho? The model looks a bit more cut
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924
    Wait did they switch the arms to share the Keeper of Secrets skeleton?
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 380
    Meh for me, Jabbersleuthe look a way better IMO.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153

they as big as giants. so yes.

• Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 759
    I can't believe they skipped this guy the first time around. What were they thinking.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,385
    edited July 1
    I want to see more angry looking face.
    His skin is smooth in CA's model.
    More skulls on his ornament and trouser.

just my opinion...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    Zekerath said:

It's difficult to say from that picture, but to me it feels a bit like its skin is a bit too... clean? Unscarred, untoned. Don't really know, I can't say for sure until I get a closer look at it. Maybe it's because there's less fur and skulls and other crap in the way and thus more skin is shown compared to the TT model.

I do like that the legs are more beefy this time around, it emphasizes how weirdly skinny the TT model's leg look.

What I do find a bit odd is that they swapped the upper and lower arms around. Not sure why, I don't see it as a problem, just find it curious.

I do wonder if they are using the Keeper of Secrets frame, would also fit as the lower/back arms would be where the crab claws would be, so the hands on th Ghorgon correspond to the hands on the KoS. Just a theory but will be interesting to see the Keeper in a few weeks to compare.

That said I love it
    edited July 1
    I could definitely see the keeper of secrets having the same rig as the ghorgon. Same with the coatl and the celestial dragon, at least in certain aspects.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 759
    I think CA's model looks better.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    edited July 1
    Its very well done. My favorite unit from this dlc is the ghorgon, then it follows the new skinks with poison darts

new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 652

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99129915056_DoSKeeperofSecrets01.jpg

KoS had the arms same way as ghorgon do on the TT. Well, the new model one does at least, but I sort of doubt they'll use the old one for the game 3.
    It's possible they'll switch KoS's arms around as well in the game, sure, but I don't think that's the reason they switched it for ghorgon.

I don't even think they'll use ghorgon skeleton as is for KoS either, if they go with the newer model (which I assume they will), KoS's arms are much closer together both sprouting from the shoulder, whilst ghorgon's lower arms come from armpits or their sides.
    As for the arm switch, I'd imagine that having the arms that can grab things on top is easier. That's about all I can think of in terms of the arm switch, is that it makes it easier to animate somehow. Not that I'd know the specifics.
  • Tzeentch711Tzeentch711 Registered Users Posts: 66

they as big as giants. so yes.
    It might be perspective, but they seem to be way bigger than giants on that promo screenshot.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,018

I can't believe they skipped this guy the first time around. What were they thinking.

they waited for slaanesh and his keeper of secrets

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    Looks so cool

Better than the mini!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,167
    Way better that the TT model, the model was disproportioned, head too big for a body so slim.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,721

That's what I thought too, but actually, KoS also have the blades in the upper row and the arms in the lower row, so unless they also swapped the KoS arms, then no !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 448
    looks great, if I had to be picky I would say could the Ghorgan have more Skulls attached to it.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 822
    No pun intended but the calves look a little too thick.
  • YazackYazack Registered Users Posts: 5