Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Announcing Ogre Mercenaries

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 14 in General Discussion
The Ogre Mercenaries are coming to Total War: WARHAMMER II via Total War Access, and they’re hungry for battle 🍗

Check out the blog here for Maw info: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-2-ogre-mercenaries-roster-reveal/

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,772
    edited July 2
    Puns are always appreciated! Give us maw!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,892
    Wow. Three types of units. Did not expect that.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,901
    Awesome!
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • ProcessingProcessing Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 466
    CA_James said:

RikRiorik said:

Puns are always appreciated! Give us maw!

They're fun, but I don't want to go ogreboard with them.
    I love British humour so much :D
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 290
    Yrellian said:

Wow. Three types of units. Did not expect that.

text says 5 tho :)
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    Mournfangs!

and maneater?!!!

Okey that big but...

NO!

I refuse they not pre order!

THEY NOT!

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,085
    Im ok with more units but I imagine this would lessen the impact of the Ogre Campaign Pack
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,018
    Ogre pirates !

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,052
  • StepfanStepfan Registered Users Posts: 12
    That is more than I was expecting actually quite pleased overall. I mean I've been dying for Ogres for awhile so good to see them.

Now to go sob in the DoW aren't the preorder Corner for a bit and get more hyped for ogres.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 849
    Mournfangs?! Wowsers.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082

Mournfangs!

and maneater?!!!

Okey that big but...

NO!

THEY NOT!

Means we will get them and CDs very quickly, plus they may start with a reasonable roster as DLC quality is getting higher and higher in general.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 769
    That's awesome, I certainly was not expecting Mournfang Cavalry.
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 300
    That sounds great!
    This is looking more and more like a proper send off. All final judgements withheld for the moment but it's looking increasingly impressive.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    Woah!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,085
    This is weird.. giving out 3 different Ogre units before we get the full faction. I feel a mild niggle about the future of Ogres..
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,899
    That's more than I have expected. Huh. Positive surprises are the worst. They rob me of a chance to complain.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    They......Look

A
    M
    A
    Z
    I
    N
    G

Ca you just did Ogre´s right

For The Great Maw it´s:

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 894
    Impressive. Way more than I (or anyone else, I think) imagined. Great job CA.

This is weird.. giving out 3 different Ogre units before we get the full faction. I feel a mild niggle about the future of Ogres..

How can one not? But then again the actual text does speak of their kingdom. One can only hope that the rationales of money and common sense would keep the OKs as a future race. Who knows though. They might simply be the preorder.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    Xerxes52 said:

That's awesome, I certainly was not expecting Mournfang Cavalry.

Yeah I was thinking it would just be a unit of Ogres with maybe a variant, which would be cool but not that massive, but this is pretty damn significant!

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,057
    Methinks Ogres are pre order and we are getting these lads now to make up for fact pre order only playable in game 3 this time around. Helps get WH2 players to pre order game 3.

I know lots are worried but the models and art look amazing and I think if they are pre order CA will do them justice with a comprehensive roster.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 221
    this is insane. i'm going insane. ogres as a free update to wh2? I mean it kind of takes away from the excitement of an entire faction but... hell what the hell? what is going on? nothing is predictable, all theories out the window.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,975
    Pistol Maneaters give me post traumatic stress.

Well, more Ogres then expected. Don't know what to make of that, but I think the chances of Ogre Kingdoms being the Preorder increased suddenly. And after you have now flexed out a "mercenary" recruitment mechanic CA, it is time for the real DoW Regiments of Renown to pop up on the map ;)
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189962/dogs-of-war-compilation/p1

-----Red Dox
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    Goatforce said:

Mournfangs!

and maneater?!!!

Okey that big but...

NO!

THEY NOT!

Means we will get them and CDs very quickly, plus they may start with a reasonable roster as DLC quality is getting higher and higher in general.
    I mean i guess, ca have good reason, to do them now.

I mean giving the mournfang away in wh2 for free a centerpiece units, seems like a big marketing move to get people intrested.

Yeah i propaly just wait and see the pre order (who almost no doubt now) are the pre order.

My hope is kinda, first ca tooked the critique for wh1 and lack luster dlc so to heart that they move it in wh3 too and second.

Fair ca even self admit that norsca is lackluster so, i just hope the ogre really get done justice but as i say,

A: when ca annouce maybe still a other race for pre order

B: when they still annocue ogre, ive they do justice.

• EldrickEldrick Registered Users Posts: 615
    I’m looking forward to sampling your entree CA before delivery of the main course. Let’s hope it is coriander free…
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    Its a disgrace, a debacle, cheapens the uniqueness of Ogre Kingdoms, I was unhappy with giving 1 or 2 ogres units, 5 is even worse

My two favorite races are ruined. (Vampire Counts and Ogre Kingdoms), thanks CA

new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL