Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Video of Loremaster of Sotek explains why Ogre Kingdom is Pre order race

xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Registered Users Posts: 987
edited July 4 in General Discussion

He makes a lot of valid points on why they are the pre order race

Comments

• HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 540
    Even basic Ogres can 1v1 practically any other factions troops, elites included! I love Warhammer lore, and I would be ok with it, but I am in the minority here, and o' lordy, just imagine the rage that will come in the near future when people see their beloved Elves, Dwarfs, Vampires, Skaven and etc fly around like bowling pins at the ally!

I mean think about this for a second, what we shall be seeing soon, is 4chan fa/tg/uys with gnarly neckbeards just absolutely crushing everyone's favorite bestest of the bestest toys, its going to be great, I for one look forward to the mayhem and carnage that is to come, and the salt mines that will be overflowing.
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    The Dark Father calls you to slaughter,
    Blood and fire exhorts you to war!
    Stretch your limbs of blood-filed steel,
    The Dawi-Zharr march fourth once more!
    Answering the summons of Hashut!

-From the K'daai rituals of awakening.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,052
    Anyone got a summary of the video
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,764
    I'm okay if they're pre-order, but in that case they need a minimum 2 LPs.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,327
    Kelefane said:
    Almost as if different people could get a similar idea by themselves.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,901
    I know a lot of people are sad if they are pre order dlc, but it is going to be so good for the game at launch.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 107
    The possibility of it being ogre kingdoms has gone up tremendously, and I do think this has basically killed chaos dwarves as the pre-order (a true race pack eventually still seems likely).

However dogs of war still seems possible as the pre-order. So it can be one or the other.
  • HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 540

I'm okay if they're pre-order, but in that case they need a minimum 2 LPs.

I joined not long after you(the forums) and have always known you as that Ogre guy, for what its worth I truly am sorry, they deserve better, and honestly while I figured there was always a chance they could be(like a snowballs chance in hell), I had figured it would have been Kislev, or Cathay, or Dogs of War, some kind of Nagash faction, and yes even the Chaos Dwarfs before them... I honestly am unsure why the decisions being made for Warhammer III are, well being made the way they are. Just know that those of us who have been here for some time got your back, and the back of the Ogres, and won't let them go quietly into the night as the new Norsca faction.
    The Dark Father calls you to slaughter,
    Blood and fire exhorts you to war!
    Stretch your limbs of blood-filed steel,
    The Dawi-Zharr march fourth once more!
    Answering the summons of Hashut!

-From the K'daai rituals of awakening.
    Bayes said:

I know a lot of people are sad if they are pre order dlc, but it is going to be so good for the game at launch.

It's a problem if them being preorder means they would be cheap but it won't necessarily be the case and I don't think CA would be stupid enough to make them the preorder unless they are sure they can do them justice.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

I'm sure they'll do them justice if they're the Pre-Order, including future content down the line.

I think DoW are probably slightly more likely at this point. It would be weird to give out 5 units for free then have the paid roster for TWW3's pre-order. It would make a lot of sense to use this exact system for DoW while keeping them paid content.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,386
    He also expects a delay into 2022.

Kelefane said:
    Oh good I don't need to look at the video.

Thing is if the Mercs are a beta test they don't necessarily need to do Ogres as the pre-order. Whether or not OK are pre-order or 1st CP this still applies exactly the same. Indeed, it gives them longer to see how Ogres perform and are used.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Kelefane said:

Thing is if the Mercs are a beta test they don't necessarily need to do Ogres as the pre-order. Whether or not OK are pre-order or 1st CP this still applies exactly the same. Indeed, it gives them longer to see how Ogres perform and are used.
    One of his point is also that it would be weird to start working on the Ogres by giving us 3 new units that require lots of new animations since there is the Mournfangs and then drop the work on the Ogres for another race as the preorder to resume the work on Ogres later. And that's a good point actually, interrupting the work on the Ogres between WH2 and the release of the third game sounds like a bad idea that would make the development too chaotic.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

Neodeinos said:

Kelefane said:

One of his point is also that it would be weird to start working on the Ogres by giving us 3 new units that require lots of new animations since there is the Mournfangs and then drop the work on the Ogres for another race as the preorder to resume the work on Ogres later. And that's a good point actually, interrupting the work on the Ogres between WH2 and the release of the third game sounds like a bad idea that would make the development too chaotic.
    The same can be said of every unique thing they put in DoW. If DoW were implemented this is the Ogre lineup that makes most sense.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they finished the 1st Campaign Pack before game 1's release. At least in terms of animation. There's no real reason for them not to do that now then sell the CP later.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,305
    Bayes said:

But awful for Dogs of War who are so inconsequential and small there's no chance they'd be a campaign pack like the Ogres could have, and in the long term awful for Ogre Kingdoms.

Let's think here, consider Norsca and Warriors of Chaos, how long have both of them been released, and still haven't received any updates at all?
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,584
    Well I did think they had a chance to be the pre-order. Now I'm doubting the logic.

I don't think he's ever been right about a speculation or theory. Back on the DoW bus I go.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Kelefane said:

God...imagine. that would be quite the failure.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

Neodeinos said:

Bayes said:

It's a problem if them being preorder means they would be cheap but it won't necessarily be the case and I don't think CA would be stupid enough to make them the preorder unless they are sure they can do them justice.
    Yeah I agree with that

Bayes said:

But awful for Dogs of War who are so inconsequential and small there's no chance they'd be a campaign pack like the Ogres could have, and in the long term awful for Ogre Kingdoms.

Let's think here, consider Norsca and Warriors of Chaos, how long have both of them been released, and still haven't received any updates at all?
    Don't forget about hobgoblins it is sad for them too. And who knows the pre order could be more impressive than we expect.
    Bayes said:

Don't forget about hobgoblins it is sad for them too. And who knows the pre order could be more impressive than we expect.

That's not a terribly high bar to surpass considering past pre-orders it has to contend with, not just in WH, but all Pre-order in TW.

And no matter how you slice it, a pre-order WILL be inferior to a campaign pack released further down the line.

And if it isn't OK+CD, who else is big enough to warrant all the campaign pack jazz? The Dogs of War? lol
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556

Bayes said:

That's not a terribly high bar to surpass considering past pre-orders it has to contend with, not just in WH, but all Pre-order in TW.

And no matter how you slice it, a pre-order WILL be inferior to a campaign pack released further down the line.

And if it isn't OK+CD, who else is big enough to warrant all the campaign pack jazz? The Dogs of War? lol
    If the vampire coast of all factions gets a campaign pack, you know well that the Ogres deserve one. lol That's why I still doubt them as the preorder. DoW would make sense because it's just the right size for one.

Bayes said:

Fair point on the pre order thing unless CA gives us a campaign pack for the preorder and they typed race pack because CA is never consistent with their terms and honestly it never made sense ever since they stopped giving them unique campaigns.

If Vampirates made the campaign pack standard is it really that odd for DoW to make it as well? Or anything else CA/GW might pull up.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,386
    Surge_2 said:

Kelefane said:

God...imagine. that would be quite the failure.
    But also very possible.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    A nonbeliever
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,958
    It is really strange to have Ogre Kingdoms as cheap pre-order bonus. They still need many new expensive units own animations. I still think Dogs of War make more sense as cheap pre-order bonus.

CA can make lots of more money of their will keep Ogre Kingdoms as campaign pack or even as core race for Warhammer 3.

What if Great Maw is dying god from main Warhammer 3 story?
    Honestly, I would not be surprised if Greasus Goldtooth is 9th legendary lord and Ogres are secret 7th core race with limited unit roster(Kislev/Khorne style).
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Fair point on the pre order thing unless CA gives us a campaign pack for the preorder and they typed race pack because CA is never consistent with their terms and honestly it never made sense ever since they stopped giving them unique campaigns.

If Vampirates made the campaign pack standard is it really that odd for DoW to make it as well? Or anything else CA/GW might pull up.
    Even if by some miracle CA actually made pre-order race a Campaign Pack-level of content...what comes next?

The reason why OK+CD made so much sense as Campaign Packs is because the two of them actually have the unique units and roster size, and personality to warrant it.

With OK as the pre-order, it'll be CD and...? Halflings? Amazons? (though no joke, I'd actually be overjoyed to play a Halfling or Amazon race and it'd make OK as pre-order worth it, but what're the odds those two would get in?)

edit: Then again what were the odds Cathay would get in, as a core race no less...
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 629

Even basic Ogres can 1v1 practically any other factions troops, elites included!

Which is why they'll probably have to start with Gnoblars. :p

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    I already pointed out

1)mercenary system ~ DoW
    2)hints of Paymaster
    3)DoW having access to some Ogres

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,124
    Daruwind said:

I already pointed out

1)mercenary system ~ DoW
    2)hints of Paymaster
    3)DoW having access to some Ogres

The thing is, nothing points towards mercenaries other than the Ogres. We're directly dealing with them, not Tilean or Estalian companies. It's all Ogres, Ogres and Ogres, with Ogre Kingdom aesthetics. Not Southern Realms ones.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 434
    it is possible that ogre kingdoms are preorder, but my take is a little different:

wh2 dlc team and wh3 team are different, you can best see this with the "introducing" videos. their style is quite different. just compare jabber video with winged lancers for example.

the preorder is part of the wh3 development and also gets paid by the wh3 funds.
    i think the wh3 team picked faction x for preorder and have been working on it after the main functions of wh3 where finished.

wh2 dlc team meanwhile was working on the last dlc and they will switch over to wh3 after release and continue delivering quality content to us.

i think it is quite likely that the first dlc for wh3 will be a campaign pack (like tomb kings) and i am also assuming that it will come in the first couple of months after release of wh3 (again, kinda like tomb kings).

this campaign pack is currently being worked on as well (ogre kingdoms) and the dlc teams felt like they can release some of the finished models to sweeten our departure from wh2.

all in all:
    wh3 preorder will be some minor faction race pack.
    1st wh3 dlc post launch will be ogre kingdoms.