Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So, no Vampire Counts in game 2

SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 570
edited July 4 in General Discussion
Greetings forum dwellers, it's been some time since I last had anything to say.

With the confirmation of this DLC being the last of game 2, and the FLC Lord spot going to the Dwarves, it is official that the only faction that will not be playable on the Vortex map are the Vampire Counts.

I am not personally a fan of the Counts, and I haven't ever even attempted to play them for any serious length of time, though I am curious as to how everyone feels about them being left out of game 2.

Do we think that means an early inclusion in Game 3?

Does the general distaste of both campaign packs being undead in game 2 (Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast) have anything to do with the Counts being left out?

How do fans of the Counts feel about them being the only *original* (non-dlc) non-playable faction of game 2?
Post edited by SubjectEighteen on

Comments

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,845
    Obviously I would have liked them to be included in Game 2. They were my favorite Game 1 Race.

But I also didn’t originally think we’d get as many Game 1 Races within Game 2 as we did. I originally thought way more would be left behind. So rather than being salty about what is missing from Game 2, I’m mostly trying to be appreciative of what did make it over.

That being said, yes, the Counts have truly fallen behind in terms of Roster and faction mechanics. So I do hope they’re touched on within Game 3. Neferata seems like a viable quality opportunity for a Crossover Pack; and I’m definitely hoping the Crossovers start earlier in Game 3’s lifecycle.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556
    I think they're up first for the cross dlc in game 3 now. I'm not sure what the point of them in the vortex campaign even is at this point. Like unless they implement it at some point in WH3, which I do hope so, it's just going to be a campaign that will be pretty outdated not too long from now.

I do think they should've been taken the place of the skaven though in the shadow and the blade. With Eshin or Moulder being implemented in game 3 instead.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    Technically we did get vampire counts ingame 2. They did it so well, we got an entirely new race.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,920
    I never expected them to be in WH2 and same case was for Dwarfs.

I always wanted them with DLC in game 3. I am happy that Dwarfs got a wonderful rework, though a bit sad too because I hoped for Rune Guardians and Rune Golems together with Thorek as DLC, but I can honestly that I have no problem to wait for VC DLC in game 3.

Unless we get another surprise but I doubt that.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    Vortex map is 6 months from being defunct anyway - not sure why anyone cares.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,975
    edited July 4
    While the last DLC approaches and the probably last "big patch", we can't 100% say game#2 is finished.
    The question if the preorder might still not be forced into gam#2, is not clearly answered in the TW3 FAQ. And we had this year with Rakarth already a FLC LL coming out of the blue with just a small balance patch behind him. We know we will get a balance patch after DLC release because it is basically the modus operandi that a DLC releases with severly OP units who get nerf hammered a month later ;)

While it might be unlikely that a Vampire Count FLC LL for Vortex tags along in a balance patch between now and game#3 release end of the year, it is not impossible. In the end, even if they not get covered for Vortex, they probably will get a crossover DLC for game#3 Could mean it could be one of the first to pop up since they were not covered in game#2 proper. Yes, also Dwarfs. But them getting a FLC LL now and a 2nd update puts their needs now back a bit.

Technically we did get vampire counts ingame 2. They did it so well, we got an entirely new race.

Technically that would mean a fourth von Carstein and THE_WORST_BLOOD DRAGON representation they could have picked for that bloodline. The Ghost would then be fine, but the mortal should make your blood coil.

------Red Dox
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,385
    Question.

Will you going to play Mortal Empires when Mega Campaign has been released?
  • NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 187
    Of course it would have been neat, if every game one race was playable in the vortex at some time, but it's not a big deal in my view, that vc are left out for now.

I'm pretty sure they will get a major rework and additional content in game three. Meanwhile I think, the longer I wait for more VC content, the better it will become, looking at the increase of quality with every new dlc.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    I think this FLC and rework for Dwarfs means that the VCs will almost certainly get the first X-LP of WH3. So whilst it is a shame that they didn't make it into game 2, they are probably at the front of the queue now.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    I just hope every faction will be playable in WH3 vortex when the game is finished
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,584
    Goatforce said:

I think this FLC and rework for Dwarfs means that the VCs will almost certainly get the first X-LP of WH3. So whilst it is a shame that they didn't make it into game 2, they are probably at the front of the queue now.

A bold person to bet against Empire or Skaven as the first cross game DLCs.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• UgandaJimUgandaJim Registered Users Posts: 373
    Goatforce said:

Looks more like Norsca/WoC will be the first cross game DLCs there.
  • sirItansirItan Registered Users Posts: 367

Goatforce said:

I highly doubt that Skaven will be anywhere near first corss-game dlcs. After all that is their fourth one.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 570

Warriors of Chaos and Norsca aren't playable either.

Ah, lol, duh. You are correct about that. Shows how much I pay attention to those two factions even being a thing.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,327
    jamreal18 said:

Question.

Will you going to play Mortal Empires when Mega Campaign has been released?

No one is because the ME campaign won't be available in Warhammer 3. It'll be the WH3 unique campaign or the Immortal Empires.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• AnothaGitAnothaGit Registered Users Posts: 297
    I love the Vampire Counts. I would not mind if they dropped a Von Carstein (a none insane one with access to bloodlines and the classic roster) in there. This would probably have me playing more Vortex.

But I don´t miss it because I mainly play ME
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 886
    6/9 game 1 races being playable in game 2 is pretty good. Would it have been better if all of them could be properly updated and playable Yes 100%. But the DLC were getting slower release and CA had moved on to game 3.

It's better to be first in line in the new game for a rework than be pushed further back with a half-hearted one at the end of game 2.
    The DW rework isn't half-hearted but people are complaining there are no new units for them already.
    I fell a DW DLC might be pushed back a bit with this rework.

VC, WoC and Norsca are top contenders for rework in game 3. I'm happy with that. I payed to play all the races in the game. I don't want one getting too boring over the other.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
    UgandaJim said:

Goatforce said:

Looks more like Norsca/WoC will be the first cross game DLCs there.
    I have my doubts about WoC getting a DLC, I think they will get access to mortal Mono stuff and will be able to confed mortal Mono LLs (when they come). They may get FLC though.

Norsca, actually maybe, but I still think VC has a good shot of being before them, as I recall the statement CA gave regarding them was just as likely about a rework as DLC, so I think they will get a rework during the initial LP run, but not necessarily a DLC until later.

Goatforce said:

Haha, I mean I don't think we will have to wait too long for the (probably final) Skaven LP, but I do think they will give it a break. As to Empire I think that VCs will get priority over them for the first X-LP as Empire are in a far better position... Personally I want a Neferata vs Valkia pack, but that is a longshot unless they start X-LPs after 2 normal LPs, rather than do a complete run of normal LPs first, which I doubt will happen.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 772
    I would not count them out yet, who knows they make an update later on. I would definitely love to be able to play with any faction in the Vortex map, so... might as well wait a bit to see;)
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    With Dwarfs getting FLC, VC are like next core race that should get something (WoC/Norsca are little special,not core). Neferata...that is like 100% sure to ocme sooner or later.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
    SusaVile said:

I would not count them out yet, who knows they make an update later on. I would definitely love to be able to play with any faction in the Vortex map, so... might as well wait a bit to see;)

Nah, this is almost certainly the last update for WH2. WH3 is still scheduled for this year as far as we know, there is no time for extra updates and it would be kinda pointless.
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 898
    Well they got vampire coast as their pretenders
  • RutgerhuerRutgerhuer Registered Users Posts: 307
    They should be in WH2 (AKA Vortex) same as all other races should be playable.

I hardly play VC mostly elves and humans.

The idea that CA just didn't get around to them yet deflates all my enthusiasm for WH3. I see CA abandon Three Kingdoms and now drop WH2 for the next big bright light and that tells me we can't trust CA to finish up WH3. It's a huge red flag. They've adopted this model of making half-games then maybe-kind of-sort of making the rest of the game through DLC that they may-or-may-not ever actually make. I don't see any reason to invest in an incomplete game from them if they can't be trusted to complete it. They've even cut basic functions from classic TW games to drip feed back into WH as brand new faction mechanics! Welcome to games-as-a-service. I'm so disappointed in what-is vs. what-could-have-been. When the spectacle fades all I'm left with is disappointment.

TW:WH2 needs a playable Legendary Lord for every TW:WH1 race on Vortex before it can be considered complete.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited July 6
    I feel a bit disappointed, but CA only have so much time, and it's nice that dwarfs got reworked. I am worried that the other 4 bloodlines won't get lords though, I'd be thrilled though if Neferata comes (Lhamian), Red Duke gets made playable (Blood Dragon) Zacharias or W'Soran is flc (Necrarch) and Gashnag or Ushoran shows up some time (Strigoi)
    Post edited by MODIDDLY1 on
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,154

WoC is garbage, I hope in game 3 of before game 2 end they get a massive rework.

Norsca is not that bad, but the way they colonize is just frustrating, they should need some tweaks like the dwarfs get.

So yep agree. But I would say that I think Norsca dont need THAT MUCH things to perform well, their roster is pretty good already. (Mainly talking about MP but not only, but again all new dlc are welcome IMO)
  • VictuzVictuz Sao Paulo, BrazilRegistered Users Posts: 413
    edited July 5

Counts and Norsca are in dire need now, Bretonnia and Dwarfs come right after.

But since Norsca is chaos-related, they can probably be left for game 3 alogside the Warriors of Chaos. That is, unless we get Skeggi or some tribe from Naggaroth until the end of the year.

And that is, as long as Lizardmen campaign doesn't get shafted a third time.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,405
    Red_Dox said:

While the last DLC approaches and the probably last "big patch", we can't 100% say game#2 is finished.
    The question if the preorder might still not be forced into gam#2, is not clearly answered in the TW3 FAQ. And we had this year with Rakarth already a FLC LL coming out of the blue with just a small balance patch behind him. We know we will get a balance patch after DLC release because it is basically the modus operandi that a DLC releases with severly OP units who get nerf hammered a month later ;)

While it might be unlikely that a Vampire Count FLC LL for Vortex tags along in a balance patch between now and game#3 release end of the year, it is not impossible. In the end, even if they not get covered for Vortex, they probably will get a crossover DLC for game#3 Could mean it could be one of the first to pop up since they were not covered in game#2 proper. Yes, also Dwarfs. But them getting a FLC LL now and a 2nd update puts their needs now back a bit.

Technically that would mean a fourth von Carstein and THE_WORST_BLOOD DRAGON representation they could have picked for that bloodline. The Ghost would then be fine, but the mortal should make your blood coil.

------Red Dox
    Yeah we can, CA has said in one of thier statements this is the last big patch except balance and bug fixes. Suffice to say game 2 is over.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,497
    For what it's worth -- Count Noctilus is actually 100% a Von Carstein.

So you DID get Vampire Counts.