Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If I have one genuine fear for WH3 it is this

WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,240

I know what you are thinking.

Silence and The Fury is WH2s last hurrah. Yaddayadda.

At the same time, I fear for WH3 and the first lord pack not taking the lessons of the past. Especially the base game.

We want good mechanics. And some (mechanics) to differentiate the LLs beyond army bonuses/traits and role.

The first lord pack of each game has historically been the regarded as the worst DLC for both.

CA please, dont let the first WH3 Lord Pack be Grim&Grave/Queen&Crone 2.

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    Naa Boo, i think Ca appreciates just how much we got used to good mechanics

But then again, they seemingly failed to update the Lizzy boi´s :/

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Queen and crone was on par with king and the warlord in my opinion, I mean it included 2 fan's favorite races and expanded their rosters with important units.
    I'm much more worried about game 3 in general, silence and fury generated more hype for me than entire game 3, yikes, it shouldn't look like this.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    Queen and crone is a fun DLC, specially after Rakarth's patch buffs to Hellebron and fixes to his death night army. I've played both campaigns a couple of times and the units they add are also good. The kharibdyss is a very cute monstrosity.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    I don't think base LLs should be as wild and different as Ikkit or Grom. You need some LLs to be vanilla so that you can play a race for its own qualities and mechanics.

But yeah, I can already see the first LP with Chosen, Marauders and Gors on the Mono side, and more Bears for Kislev.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,578
    My biggest fear is seeing Valkia, Festus and the other mortal champions in warriors instead of their respective god.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,899
    One can wish.

I don't want to see Q&C quality of content ever again. Little to no units variety, questionable models and animations, and mechanics of dubious nature.

Imagine how good Hellebron's campaign could have been had she gotten the later LP treatment.
    1. Bespoke and elaborate mechanics with an animated bloody UI.
    2. Malus-like transformation, where she regains her youth and beauty.
    3. Maybe even Statues of Khaine as units.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,631
    edited July 4
    Beef545 said:

I'm much more worried about game 3 in general, silence and fury generated more hype for me than entire game 3, yikes, it shouldn't look like this.

Exactly dude, why are we even having this discussion as often as we are? Yes some people are impossible to please, but there are a whole lot of them all of a sudden with the same vague misgivings for WH3 so I don’t think it’s fair to discount the critical tone that’s been rising as just people being negative Nancy.

I was beyond hyped when they announced Kislev and Cathay. I wanted them included since I got into the hobby in like 8th grade, with no preconceived notion of what they should look like. I was fully hyped and I couldn’t wait to see what Kislev would bring without a shred of doubt in my mind that it would be awesome. My expectations were low; just make them cool CA. I had no mechanics in mind or hypothetical must have units (apart from Bear Cav, let’s be honest).

They were already on the green! All they had to do was putt it in. And it’s looking more and more like they missed the shot.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,030
    If you consider that Q&C was arguably better than K&W I don't think there's much risk of that, people need to stop thinking CA is magically going to forget everything they've improved over the course of WH2.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,030
    Rob18446 said:

If you consider that Q&C was arguably better than K&W I don't think there's much risk of that, people need to stop thinking CA is magically going to forget everything they've improved over the course of WH2.

The problem is that we don't know who worked on WH3 and so far, WH3 seems to pale in comparison with last DLC for WH2.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,584
    Reeks said:

Naa Boo, i think Ca appreciates just how much we got used to good mechanics

But then again, they seemingly failed to update the Lizzy boi´s :/

The DLC team certainly knows. Does the base game team?
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    Also I not worry.

I bet we have the same dlc team for Warhammer 2 also in 3.

And they improve massively in quality and content.

Wouldn't be suprise in the slightest that lps gonna be the standard quality from now on.

Also I not worry.

Wouldn't be suprise in the slightest that lps gonna be the standard quality from now on.

The issue is that the main base game team for wh3 is different from the DLC team from WH2.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,085
    edited July 4
    CA already said they will be adding better mechanics in the early interviews.

The Khorne mechanic is a serious upgrade compared to the DE one. We also don’t know the majority of what’s arriving..

Not worried.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,764
    My biggest fear is titles that don't actually say what the topic is.

CA's got 9 LPs under its belt now. I'm not particularly worried about the 10th.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

The Khorne mechanic is a serious upgrade compared to the DE one. We also don’t the majority of what’s arriving..

Not worried.

I don't care what they said, I want to see it on the campaign map instead of them saying it.

I have a bad experience from Dragon age 2 where the developers did stuff like ''you press a button and something cool will happen'' which translated into your guy is breaking out of the character and it looks like a comedy game instead of the grim area it was set in (also the combat system went from regular to arcade sort of style).

I want to see those mechanics. We are in July and we still haven't seen the campaign mechanics of those 2 factions presented.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,153
    KronusX said:

Also I not worry.

The issue is that the main base game team for wh3 is different from the DLC team from WH2.
    Worry about the main game you can but the op talk about mostly the lp and I doubt the dlc team drop the ball any soon.

By the main game I still wait for the whole reveal of the game before I judge.

One thing I totaly get behind that the marketing from the dlc team seems much more superior to the one of the main game.

KronusX said:

The Khorne mechanic is a serious upgrade compared to the DE one. We also don’t the majority of what’s arriving..

Not worried.

I don't care what they said, I want to see it on the campaign map instead of them saying it.

I have a bad experience from Dragon age 2 where the developers did stuff like ''you press a button and something cool will happen'' which translated into your guy is breaking out of the character and it looks like a comedy game instead of the grim area it was set in (also the combat system went from regular to arcade sort of style).

I want to see those mechanics. We are in July and we still haven't seen the campaign mechanics of those 2 factions presented.
    I’m still not worried.

Fact is they’d have to do something ridiculous to make WH3 not worth buying.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,631

KronusX said:

Not worried.

I’m still not worried.

like make the two designed from the ground up races look totally bland and without character? Because theyre half way there with Kislev.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 2,785
    My biggest fear now is Dogs of War and Legions of Nagash not being playable races.
    No, i also dislike Garth Ennis. He is very juvenile and raunchy, and some of his statements are utterly ridiculous, like Captain America being offensive to WWII veterans when his co-creator, Jack Kirby, served in the war and soldiers liked his stories.

If you think using your abilities to help and inspire people is childish, then i feel sorry for you.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,305
    Maelas said:

I don't think base LLs should be as wild and different as Ikkit or Grom. You need some LLs to be vanilla so that you can play a race for its own qualities and mechanics.

But yeah, I can already see the first LP with Chosen, Marauders and Gors on the Mono side, and more Bears for Kislev.

If there are two, ONE of them definitely should be. Think Skrolk from Skaven.
  • Farinay99Farinay99 Registered Users Posts: 39
    I'm personally not worried.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,739

My biggest fear is seeing Valkia, Festus and the other mortal champions in warriors instead of their respective god.

I think it's more likely that WoC are ignored or forgotten.

They are gonna need to flesh out the God factions, if Khorne is any indication.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

KronusX said:

Not worried.

I’m still not worried.

like make the two designed from the ground up races look totally bland and without character? Because theyre half way there with Kislev.
    No, Kislev has character, it’s own aesthetic, as in it isn’t poor man’s Empire which it appears a few people want.

More than happy with what’s come so far.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,030
    KronusX said:

Rob18446 said:

The problem is that we don't know who worked on WH3 and so far, WH3 seems to pale in comparison with last DLC for WH2.
    Pale in what way exactly? Less impressive units? We've seen 2 of 7/8 rosters so far and we've already got just as many impressive centre pieces as this DLC. Less impressive mechanics? We haven't even seen any WH3 mechanics. Less impressive campaigns? We haven't seen the campaigns for either this DLC or WH3. What exactly are you comparing except the marketing which is probably only about a quarter of the way through for WH3.