Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So, no Vampire Counts in game 2

2»

Comments

  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    MODIDDLY1 said:

    I feel a bit disappointed, but CA only have so much time, and it's nice that dwarfs got reworked. I am worried that the other 4 bloodlines won't get lords though, I'd be thrilled though if Neferata comes (Lhamian), Red Duke gets made playable (Blood Dragon) Zacharias is flc (Necrarch) and Gashnag or W'shoran shows up some time (Strigoi)

    You misspelled Ushoran.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 954
    it's very strange to read people saying norsca doesn't need content when norsca is the only faction with 2 LL
    being the two melee, it's just a normal lord option, also melee.

    Norsca needs more stuff, like a lot.
    norsca mechanics are good but your list of units needs more .

    VC can whait compare to them.

    And WoC also takes priority over VC , woc needs its own stuff .

    so if I were to make a row of LPs, VC would be number 6 in the row, after the first initial round,WoC and Norsca.

    the good side is that with CA there are no other titles to dispute the focus, and the warhammer3 team will be free after the release.

    the pace of DLCs will probably be much faster, I would say in 2,5 years we will see the LP vampire, even with all this queue and more race packs


  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    xDEMOSx said:

    it's very strange to read people saying norsca doesn't need content when norsca is the only faction with 2 LL
    being the two melee, it's just a normal lord option, also melee.

    Norsca needs more stuff, like a lot.
    norsca mechanics are good but your list of units needs more .

    VC can whait compare to them.

    And WoC also takes priority over VC , woc needs its own stuff .

    so if I were to make a row of LPs, VC would be number 6 in the row, after the first initial round,WoC and Norsca.

    the good side is that with CA there are no other titles to dispute the focus, and the warhammer3 team will be free after the release.

    the pace of DLCs will probably be much faster, I would say in 2,5 years we will see the LP vampire, even with all this queue and more race packs

    What about 3k2?

    Also, as much as I'd love it if the team was chained to their desks and forced to crank out WH3 content for the rest of their lives, I suspect that isn't going to happen.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 954
    edited July 5
    For what appears to be 3k2 is a smaller game.

    other saga games will come as well in time but nothing that needs dlcs to fill the CA fiscal months is on the radar.


  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,762
    Sephlock said:

    xDEMOSx said:

    it's very strange to read people saying norsca doesn't need content when norsca is the only faction with 2 LL
    being the two melee, it's just a normal lord option, also melee.

    Norsca needs more stuff, like a lot.
    norsca mechanics are good but your list of units needs more .

    VC can whait compare to them.

    And WoC also takes priority over VC , woc needs its own stuff .

    so if I were to make a row of LPs, VC would be number 6 in the row, after the first initial round,WoC and Norsca.

    the good side is that with CA there are no other titles to dispute the focus, and the warhammer3 team will be free after the release.

    the pace of DLCs will probably be much faster, I would say in 2,5 years we will see the LP vampire, even with all this queue and more race packs

    What about 3k2?

    Still pre production

  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    After the Dawi FLC I would not give up hope.

    Maybe CA surprises us and gives us a VC FLC like Rakarth.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,454
    Sephlock said:

    MODIDDLY1 said:

    I feel a bit disappointed, but CA only have so much time, and it's nice that dwarfs got reworked. I am worried that the other 4 bloodlines won't get lords though, I'd be thrilled though if Neferata comes (Lhamian), Red Duke gets made playable (Blood Dragon) Zacharias is flc (Necrarch) and Gashnag or W'shoran shows up some time (Strigoi)

    You misspelled Ushoran.
    You misspelled Vorag....
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 97
    sirItan said:

    Goatforce said:

    I think this FLC and rework for Dwarfs means that the VCs will almost certainly get the first X-LP of WH3. So whilst it is a shame that they didn't make it into game 2, they are probably at the front of the queue now.

    A bold person to bet against Empire or Skaven as the first cross game DLCs.
    I highly doubt that Skaven will be anywhere near first corss-game dlcs. After all that is their fourth one.
    I pretty much agree with this but I'd be surprised if it takes longer than 18 months post-release to see Thanquol in some form as he is probably the most popular character in lore and whether you love or hate skaven the problem is their content sells very, very well.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,682

    Goatforce said:

    I think this FLC and rework for Dwarfs means that the VCs will almost certainly get the first X-LP of WH3. So whilst it is a shame that they didn't make it into game 2, they are probably at the front of the queue now.

    A bold person to bet against Empire or Skaven as the first cross game DLCs.
    Empire and VCounts will likely be the first and second crossover LP. Or they would be if CA was consistent but, like all devs, they like blindsiding the playerbase.

    Skaven are way down the list. CA did promise us Thanquol but I'd say he's 4th or 5th crossover at the earliest.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,533
    Yannir said:

    Goatforce said:

    I think this FLC and rework for Dwarfs means that the VCs will almost certainly get the first X-LP of WH3. So whilst it is a shame that they didn't make it into game 2, they are probably at the front of the queue now.

    A bold person to bet against Empire or Skaven as the first cross game DLCs.
    Empire and VCounts will likely be the first and second crossover LP. Or they would be if CA was consistent but, like all devs, they like blindsiding the playerbase.

    Skaven are way down the list. CA did promise us Thanquol but I'd say he's 4th or 5th crossover at the earliest.
    Don't agree, that they could.in the first quarter of ge two reveal that he would be coming buy extremely late says to.me.they have a plan for him. Something to.donwith a narrative, I think regular LPs are going to.come first but the Skaven might very well be more ahead in the line.

    Even if that will make some people.stand on their heads.
  • razenbrazenb Registered Users Posts: 190
    edited July 5
    at this point i don`t care about vortex anymore.
    it was a good map but i think woc, norsca and the other game 1 faction should have been included from the start (or earlier in the cycle)
    did my last vortex a year ago or something like this, still love lustria on vortex but for everything else i jump into ME and it`s fine.

    for game 3 dlcs: i hope we get them faster and i hope they start with crossovers instead of doing them at the end.
    fix all races, bring them all on the same level. i don`t expect an early VC dlc cause if i would make the dlcs i would start with chaos dwarfs and after that i would go the route of g3-race+g1/2 race dlcs starting with kislev + woc / norsca (both need a rework)
  • shoobydooshoobydoo Registered Users Posts: 112
    Abhorash in September.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,762
    Vampires will be in Game 3!
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 777
    Yeah its pretty damn sad that they couldn't get all 5/5 original races from game 1 into game 2.

    I mean how many DLCs did the rats get and they couldn't make one lousy pack for a vampire?
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 791
    Tons of cool LL options for VC. We almost certainly will get some of them in game three. Probably Neferata first.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,806
    Vampire Counts got the most love out of any race in Game 1.

    Both campaign packs in Game 2 were undead races.

    So yeah, honestly, I’m tired of the undead and think they need to go on the back burner for a good long while until Nagash comes much later in Game 3.

    Just my two cents.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 322
    Bonutz said:

    Vampire Counts got the most love out of any race in Game 1.

    Both campaign packs in Game 2 were undead races.

    So yeah, honestly, I’m tired of the undead and think they need to go on the back burner for a good long while until Nagash comes much later in Game 3.

    Just my two cents.

    I understand where you're coming from, but the unfortunate reality is that while VCounts got a lot of attention in Game 1 it... wasn't the best. Isabella should have been a LH, but it's fine. Ghorst was a waste of a character slot to be honest. "Undead" got attention in Game 2 with two races, but that's not the VCounts which also means they won't be in the Vortex campaign. Though it isn't all bad, because the Bloodlines mechanic is a beloved addition to the faction.

    Now the hope of VCount players is having each Bloodline represented with a bloodline leader and with new starting positions for each. Though like you said that will take time and will possibly happen around the time of Nagash's appearance.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,454

    Tons of cool LL options for VC. We almost certainly will get some of them in game three. Probably Neferata first.

    Well, one of Ungrim's unique Grudges is to take the Silver Pinnacle, "Grudge of the Evil Queen" I think it is called.

    I think the only question is whether VCs get all of their Bloodlines represented with LLs, I hope so, but I feel Neffy is a guarantee.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,454
    Bonutz said:

    Vampire Counts got the most love out of any race in Game 1.

    Both campaign packs in Game 2 were undead races.

    So yeah, honestly, I’m tired of the undead and think they need to go on the back burner for a good long while until Nagash comes much later in Game 3.

    Just my two cents.

    They got the best FLC, their DLC was a misbegotten mess (units were decent, but the LL was the worst Lord addition in the series and this was before new start positions too).

    Also the Vampire Counts are not the Tomb Kings or even Vampire Coast (though yes they do share some stuff with Coast), punishing them for these races being added in 1 game is rather odd, like saying "a lot of the LPs have been Elves, so I don't want any WE DLC or update" before the T&T pack.

    What matters is the state a race is in currently, and after this update VCs will probably be in the worst position of any of the races outside of WoC and Norsca (which we are still not sure are even going to recieve LPs at this point), the amount other undead have recieved this game is fairly irrelevent. Not going to say "it's a travesty that they didn't get a pack" but it would have been nice, and they absolutely do need the update.
  • shoobydooshoobydoo Registered Users Posts: 112
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but since Yogscast started memeing about TODDY yesterday I've been thinking. This is the last DLC/FLC for TWW2, but Todbringer and the Red Duke were content packaged with the original beastmen and wood elves DLCs and are therefore TWW1. I don't think it would be a stretch for CA to incentivize buying the wood elves and beastmen DLCs by making Red Duke in Vortex available to owners of Wood Elves and TODDY for beastman owners, since they already own it by virtue of owning the TWW1 DLC.
Sign In or Register to comment.