Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hang on - The Chinese Leak was real - But what does that entail?

WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,230
edited July 5 in The Graveyard

http://c.tieba.baidu.com/p/7387931295?pn=1

The Chinese leak predates (presumably) the Content Creators build. 1 month ago.

So where did it come from?
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,356
    If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably someone from the Chinese localization team.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,934
    It doesn't predate the build I don't think. Content creators get access to the DLC weeks in advance of even the announcements. I think Turin even says in his video that he'll be streaming "tomorrow" relative to when the video was announced but then follows up his statement with something where he says "Or I should be, I can't tell what will happen weeks in advance). And he had already presumably had the content for a few days at that point. It is highly likely that it's from the same build, the chinese leak was just leaked by a chinese content creator.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 3,945
    As others said they have had the press build for a while.

Also they said bugman would be flc which didn't happen
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,245

As others said they have had the press build for a while.

Also they said bugman would be flc which didn't happen

They said it will be a Dwarf. Bugman was a speculation.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,792
    Was the Chinese leak not also hypeing up Bugman? How is that going so far ;)

------Red Dox
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,648
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

The fact that it had pulled out the actual unit cards from the eventual release does imply it was definitely a leak.

However, unit cards are probably something that was done very early on. It is possible that Bugman was originally intended to be the FLC, although that could've changed to facilitate an LL that played better into the reworked rune system.

But, to be honest, the Bugman bit was not as well supported as the unit cards.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,230
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Bugman was reddits speuclation. The thread itself only leaked Dwarf and the unit cards.

So it went and aged better than CAs statement that theyd treat the Daemons as their 8th ED armybook :D
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Chinese localization and translation teams are pretty notorious for leaks.

You have to give it early enough to have it ready for launch day. A lot more than a week.

Which is why it is so difficult to tap the breaks sometimes for anything other than minor graphics changes if at all.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,230
    Nyxilis said:

Chinese localization and translation teams are pretty notorious for leaks.

You have to give it early enough to have it ready for launch day. A lot more than a week.

Which is why it is so difficult to tap the breaks sometimes for anything other than minor graphics changes if at all.

Thats my theory as well, Chinese localization.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 354
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

IMO they know that we will get Dwarf LL but didn't know name and bet that it is Bugman.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    come on, there are many leaks in game history, there is nothing surprising about that

Maybe localization team, maybe some one else, maybe even CA did that on purpose
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 757
    Someone on this forum said they had it from the 'chinese Steam frontend'. Maybe datamining the chinese steam version is easier?
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 667
    I'm guessing the Ghorghon will be like a 15k hp unit, with 600+ anti large, 60-70 speed but low armor (40-60). Will destroy almost anything in 1v1 but even more susceptible to ranged units than your standard SEM.
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 815
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Negative. The Chinese Leak only mentioned a "Dwarf LL", but never called it out by name.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,153
    Eth3ryas said:

I'm guessing the Ghorghon will be like a 15k hp unit, with 600+ anti large, 60-70 speed but low armor (40-60). Will destroy almost anything in 1v1 but even more susceptible to ranged units than your standard SEM.

Strongly doubt it'd mach the Necrosphinx and Kharybdiss

it'll probably match other anti-large SEM like Kharybdiss, Carnosaur, Shaggoths(?), but I expect Ghorgons will be a bit weaker as a trade-off for it's speed and possibly vanguard
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 667
    edited July 5

Eth3ryas said:

Strongly doubt it'd mach the Necrosphinx and Kharybdiss

it'll probably match other anti-large SEM like Kharybdiss, Carnosaur, Shaggoths(?), but I expect Ghorgons will be a bit weaker as a trade-off for it's speed and possibly vanguard
    I think it will be stronger because it's more costly. I forgot how fast the Necrosphinx is but he's pretty fast too and has a lot more armor than the Ghorgon will have. Also he's a lot bigger than Necro and Kharybdiss which further makes him more vulnerable to missiles.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,446
    These types of leaks are possibly intentional, even the chaos one from 2016 (which proved to be right if I remember correctly). We may not see any more if CA's "covert ops leak team" deigns not to next time.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
This discussion has been closed.