Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fixing Nakai stats for mp - another attempt

M3HowM3How Registered Users Posts: 120
edited August 12 in Warhammer Battle Feedback
As in topic.

As Lizardmen have nice pool of lords to pick from, and next one will arrive soon I was hoping for him to be fixed finally. As he is neither hard enough to tank things that go for him, neither kill things that he would need to kill or provide utility.

As for current archetypes of lords Lizardmen have:
Magic users - Slann and heroes skinks, whereas their additional roles is anti-intantry most of the time, due to access to stegadons [Mazdamundi, Tehenhauin, vortexes];
Anti-large - Carno lords;
Assasiss - I reckon Oxyotl will take this role;
Anti-infantry - Kroxi Lord, Gor-Rok

As for Nakai... He does not really fit in any of those categories.
A nice niche for him could be an actual DISRUPTOR.

Let me explain:
Do not want to go in depth into lore as there is almost none but i wan to use one thing that he is actually known for:
"being unkillable".
It'd require no changes in animations - as his current animations make him go deep and if microed well he could just bounce around and make a mess out of infantry units. Similary to what Settra can do.

1. First of all i'd actually reduce his MA, as it's not really needed here cause he'd not be a duelist.

2. Would actually invert MD with MA. So he'd be harder to hit but he'd also have issues with hitting anything with decent MD.

3. His hp and armor would need to go up a bit. (ARMOR 140-ish? maybe a bit too high...; HP 8.5k?).

4. Not sure if would actually change WS, due to easily buffable (to riddiculous values) stat and his WS being actually quite high. (Actually maybe a little nerf to it could balance it further)...

5. Mass would need to go a bit higher alonside his size. (I'd go for ~4k-5k mass and i have issues with describe-ing how his actual size would need to be changed...)

Please CA make him fun to bring. As of now he is being forgotten :(
Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
Grumpy Guard in-game
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on
Tagged:

Comments

• mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    edited July 2021
    He could also get physical resistance like Gor-Rok since his (scaly) skin is said to be even tougher than his peers. That 120 armor drops to 95 or something after a minute of waddling and bashing around. He always seemed to be a bit too easy to kill.

As usual, Sigvald is way tougher than him for way less gold.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,546
    edited July 2021

He could also get physical resistance like Gor-Rok since his (scaly) skin is said to be even tougher than his peers. That 120 armor drops to 95 or something after a minute of waddling and bashing around. He always seemed to be a bit too easy to kill.

As usual, Sigvald is way tougher than him for way less gold.

For his cost as an anti infantry lord he should be putting sigvald in trashcan. That or he should be mulching infantry units all over the place.

Until he can do either of those things he’s not worth his cost.
  • Noob_for_LifeNoob_for_Life Registered Users Posts: 511
    Looks like he got another price decrease with the new DLC but not the rework we need or want.
  • yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 9,983
    He is significantly worse than ancient kroxigor thats the thing.

Hes about $200 overpriced. So if they can put that equivalent of stats into him, he might just work. But really the best way to instant fix him is just -$200
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604 Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Nakai has a good kit, he is just overpriced. Looks like he got -100 at base so will be interesting to see how he performs this patch.
  • M3HowM3How Registered Users Posts: 120
    I do agree that his kit is not complete garbage. But his stats do not allow to use it to it's fullest.

Miasma of despair is a good skill but as Nakai himself is easily focused and killed u will be able to use it twice maybe? Also Kroxigor lord also have it and is cheaper and brings better skills for supporting army + he is better foot lord assassin due to his kit.

Primal roar again is not a bad skill, but Nakai does not suffer for lack of MA, it's just pouring more water into the thing that has a loot of it already. He is not tanky enough to actually utilise it. I'v proposed reversing his MD and MA, and then this skill would actually be good as it'd allow him to hit reliably in short windows of time but on the cost of potential rampage.

Perfect vigour aura - I do think that this skill is actually bad. It's really expensive, it does not "refresh" vigour, and Kroxigor lords skills do bring more important things again.

In my opinion decreasing Nakais price will not fix the issue here.
    Grumpy Guard in-game
  • yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 9,983

Nakai has a good kit, he is just overpriced. Looks like he got -100 at base so will be interesting to see how he performs this patch.

He has absolute trash kit thats the problem lol

Ancient krox got horn of kygor
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,546
    Change his perfect vigor aura to an aura that replenishes vigor to 100% for any unit in the radius and he will instantly become viable.

Right now that aura is nearly useless.
  • M3HowM3How Registered Users Posts: 120
    btw. Nakai have 2.7k mass, so he is not much heavier than Grimgor, whilest Throgg have 5k mass. Even River Troll Hag is heavier than Nakai.

I do believe that things that I tried to point out could not only fix him but even make him fun to use.
    Grumpy Guard in-game