Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Hold firm has to go

13»

Comments

  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    Sorry but those skills are figured in with the price of the unit, they are not free. Everything a unit brings to the field with it is figured into the price of that unit.

    If nag monks didn't have warcry and cost the same I'd be using nag sams instead and if no dachi didn't have banzai I would always use kata sams instead. I would even put money on it that most competitive players would do the same.


    .
    I would walk you through each premise. but tbh i'm too lazy on how to explain how this statement is entirely an opinion.
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    I would walk you through each premise. but tbh i'm too lazy on how to explain how this statement is entirely an opinion.

    You said that warcry and banzai aren't figured into their cost and they are free with the unit when that's not true at all... zzz

    and the "If nag monks didn't have warcry and cost the same I'd be using nag sams instead and if no dachi didn't have banzai I would always use kata sams instead" isn't an opinion lol, it's a fact I would. and the "I would even put money on it that most competitive players would do the same" is a fact as well, like I said I would even put money on it. The only ones that would still use nag monks and nd at the same cost without their special skills are players like you who are ****ty at the game I bet and those who are new and just don't know any better.
  • (Darkelf) Temper(Darkelf) Temper Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    All skills,abilities,unit stats are factored into the price of the unit.
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    odd how im at the top 300, just saying. despite playing MM very little
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    All skills,abilities,unit stats are factored into the price of the unit.
    if so then why is there cost increases/decreases on guns, loan swords, bow cav, bow monks, GG.
  • (Darkelf) Temper(Darkelf) Temper Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    odd how im at the top 300, just saying. despite playing MM that much.

    And I'm at the bottom of the ladder...and that effects unit pricing in what way ? =)

    Sorry Duke,couldnt resist. No offense intended. =)

    You mean unit price balancing ? pricing changes like that have nothing to do with the price of abilities,the ability remains the same cost after the price balance.
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    And I'm at the bottom of the ladder...and that effects unit pricing in what way ? =)

    Sorry Duke,couldnt resist. No offense intended. =)

    You mean unit price balancing ? pricing changes like that have nothing to do with the price of abilities,the ability remains the same cost after the price balance.
    that comment was towards AMP, but whateves
  • (Darkelf) Temper(Darkelf) Temper Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Sorry my bad. =/
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    All skills,abilities,unit stats are factored into the price of the unit.

    but you said here..... That unit stats are also factored into the price of a unit. correct me if Im wrong.....
  • AggonyKingAggonyKing Senior Member Posts: 365Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    if so then why is there cost increases/decreases on guns, loan swords, bow cav, bow monks, GG.
    balancing games 101: look at the statistics of units being used over units not being used and fix the prices so more units are accessible and more builds are available, while making sure not one unit dominates the game.

    With regards to Hold Firm, only the unbreakable morale has to go.
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    AggonyKing wrote: »
    balancing games 101: look at the statistics of units being used over units not being used and fix the prices so more units are accessible and more builds are available, while making sure not one unit dominates the game.

    With regards to Hold Firm, only the unbreakable morale has to go.
    ya but were talking about stats/abilities being factored in, not game balance
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    odd how im at the top 300, just saying. despite playing MM very little

    The ladder is a joke and means very little, we all should know that and the overall skill lvl of people playing TW isn't that great, so it's easy to climb the ladder even if you don't cheat the system. Some of those players ranked in the top 20+ 1v1 MM have well over a thousand games played and are utter ****.

    Anyway the point is unbreakable morale doesn't fit with the TW battles and yes that's my opinion, but most would agree and that's a fact since battles been about how you can handle the morale system. And all things a unit brings to the field with it is figured in that units cost and that's a fact.
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    The ladder is a joke and doesn't means very little, we all should know that and the overall skill lvl of people playing TW isn't that great, so it's easy to climb the ladder even if you don't cheat the system. Some of those players ranked in the top 20+ 1v1 MM have well over a thousand games played and are utter ****.
    we can still deduce that most players are competent in holding their ground by using the ladder. It doesnt mean all of them are competent, but a good amount. Unless your suggesting otherwise.
  • KillerMonkeyBobKillerMonkeyBob Senior Member Posts: 609Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    Because A charged cav into a blob of SPEARS, that is the problem, its A's fault that he choose to engage, when he could have continued to prolong the fight.

    @Jack, Nodachis are supposed to **** every infantry fight up, but they don't.
    The BACK of spears/nag.. should be a heavy morale hit.

    And when an opponent rushes in this game there is no escape unless there is a river.. even then i have seen hold firm armies push across small river crossings under constant fire and pop hold firms in the melee. And they often last much longer than they should have.
    Best way to prolong the fight is camp a hill which no smart opponent would rush towards, but with hold firm what does it matter? any morale penalty for fighting up hill is nulifieds anyway.
  • RATTUE1RATTUE1 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    .

    If nag monks didn't have warcry and cost the same I'd be using nag sams instead and if no dachi didn't have banzai I would always use kata sams instead. I would even put money on it that most competitive players would do the same.

    This :)
  • exorgistis77exorgistis77 Senior Member Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    i would still choose dachis over katana sam and monks over nagis (i like nagis but ..) Ladder is a joke mostly if you take it literally.

    Hold firm go?? where ? we should go after it ! One subject we havent though yet ridiculed here in the forums is the fact that the game sometimes gives random results upon melee fights . I have observed also that very tight choke holds hold very different mechanics that often supersede and cancel what we know about the dynamics of various units..
    Zarganis
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    we can still deduce that most players are competent in holding their ground by using the ladder. It doesnt mean all of them are competent, but a good amount. Unless your suggesting otherwise.

    You're wrong. It's the opposite. "A good amount" of players using the ladder are not competent.
    How else do you explain someone as skill-less as me being in the top 200, holding a 30+ win streak?
    You can't use the ladder as backup or support for anything other than to show the cheating, exploiting, dodging, etc. in the game.

    Anyway, this is tangential to the OP.
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    You're wrong. It's the opposite. "A good amount" of players using the ladder are not competent.
    How else do you explain someone as skill-less as me being in the top 200, holding a 30+ win streak?
    You can't use the ladder as backup or support for anything other than to show the cheating, exploiting, dodging, etc. in the game.

    Anyway, this is tangential to the OP.
    you telling me that in the top 200, almost all 200 are dirty cheaters?
  • HaZE7HaZE7 Senior Member Posts: 431Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    you telling me that in the top 200, almost all 200 are dirty cheaters?

    ive been drophacked by 5-6 players in the top 200 in the last month. Normally I am only lucky enough for 1 a month.
    I was even drophacked by a player after he said GG. He went from Rank 110 to rank 50 over the last 2 weeks, I wonder how :)
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    TheDuke wrote: »
    you telling me that in the top 200, almost all 200 are dirty cheaters?

    Is it easier to believe that almost all the top 200 players are dirty cheaters?

    Or is it easier to believe that a good amount of players in the top 200 are competent?

    I choose the former.
  • BeardyMcJohnFaceBeardyMcJohnFace Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I think we can safely say they're either awesome players or layers that need to plug-pull their way up the ladder. I can't imagine anyone caring enough to actually quantify the ratio...
  • VeritasVeritas Senior Member Posts: 301Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Is it easier to believe that almost all the top 200 players are dirty cheaters?

    Or is it easier to believe that a good amount of players in the top 200 are competent?

    I choose the former.

    Woah, talk about restricting the options. Great critical thinking.
    RTK | Yoshida
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Veritas wrote: »
    Woah, talk about restricting the options. Great critical thinking.

    Since when has critical thinking been a forte of forum posters? I only meant to contrast the dichotomy between my anecdotal experience and duke's unquantified assumption. Moreover, I certainly haven't seen much in the way of critical thinking from your posts either, Ver. lol
  • VeritasVeritas Senior Member Posts: 301Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I only meant to contrast the dichotomy between my anecdotal experience and duke's unquantified assumption.
    ez pz.
    RTK | Yoshida
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.