Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ghorros is not coming in game 3

whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 417
i see many expect him as flc or whatever in game 3.

let me ask u something. how many non core flc lords we got in warhammer 2?

that's right, just 1, and it's for dwarfs. do you really expect they will give us flc lord for bm next to all the other far more popular factions?

also i suspect they had plan for ghorros in this dlc, that's why centigore got ror and there is huge gap in dread menu but they dropped him for whatever reason.

Comments

• whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 417
    Yannir said:

Repanse. Drycha.

drycha was part of dlc for dlc policy, she is not flc, i can't play her.

forgot about repanse. ok it makes it 2.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,286

i see many expect him as flc or whatever in game 3.

let me ask u something. how many non core flc lords we got in warhammer 2?

that's right, just 1, and it's for dwarfs. do you really expect they will give us flc lord for bm next to all the other far more popular factions?

also i suspect they had plan for ghorros in this dlc, that's why centigore got ror and there is huge gap in dread menu but they dropped him for whatever reason.

Maybe they just didn't have time to finish Ghorros and wanted to finish the DLC to focus on TW: Warhammer 3.

But I wouldn't rule out a surprise update that adds Ghorros to the game.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,004
    edited July 2021
    Ah, you meant non core.

I don't see why they wouldn't do it imo. It's not like there's a rule preventing them from doing so.
  • RevoranRevoran Member Registered Users Posts: 270
    Yannir said:

Repanse. Drycha.

You need to own Realm of the Wood Elves to play Drycha/Wargrove of Woe. She is a free update to a paid DLC, not an FLC which is accessible for all.

Repanse though, yeah.
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 587
    Repanse was an FLC.

Morghur was a WH1 FLC

Drycha was a Mortal Empires WH2 FLC...

Not commenting on whether Ghorros will/wont come but CA have spread the FLC's around (including DLC factions)
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732
    Ghorros could easily come to game 3 with his own lord pack. Maybe Preytons and whatever else they can dig up for him (sure there is plenty in the monstrous arcanum going spare).
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    edited July 2021
    Fossoway said:

Ghorst. Tretch. Nakai. Snikch. Repanse. Rakarth.

Ghorst, Trech, Nakai, Snikch, Rakarth are all core!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,137
    You're right. Ghorros will be DLC.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,811

Yannir said:

Repanse. Drycha.

1 is a coinceidence, 2 is a rule. Your argument has been disabled.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • Fireman_slimeFireman_slime Registered Users Posts: 55
    Crossil said:

Yup, we're still missing: preyton, brays, incarnate elemental of beasts etc.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,484
    Crossil said:

Unlikely. Given that after a Empire, Dwarf, Greenskin, Counts, Norsca, High elves and skaven get a cross over pack. I doubt they will be making any more dlc by then
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,586
    A. BM can receive a last DLC on Game 3 if CA digs deep enough.

B. You say that he won't come but in the same phrase you also say a valid way for him to come, as FLC that only gives access to the basic BM roster, like Thorek.

C. You can't know the future, so don't make absolute statements that could be proved as crap months down the line.

D. We have Cathay as a core race in Game 3 with Kislev and MonoGods, and you tell me Ghorros is not possible.

Crossil said:

again guys, lets think for a moment. how many cross over candidates we have for game 3. first they need to do lord packs for game 3 races, plus race packs, then they will probably do cross over dlcs with core races from wh1 and wh2. they are not gonna support this game for 15 years guys lolm
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,068
    People like to make these proclamations without actually thinking about what it means. There's only so many FLC LLs to go around.

It's very unlikely the BM get another LP. The maths just doesn't work for it. FLC is itself unlikely. In all likelihood the BM are done.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

Crossil said:

The last one belongs to the WE more than any other.

That an LP can be made doesn't make it likely. An LP can always be made for any race.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

People like to make these proclamations without actually thinking about what it means. There's only so many FLC LLs to go around.

It's very unlikely the BM get another LP. The maths just doesn't work for it. FLC is itself unlikely. In all likelihood the BM are done.

exactly. people are saying **** like flc lords drop every month lmao.

there is so much content they can do for game 3 they would need 15 years before actually thinking about releasing something for bm.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 660
    edited July 2021
    Game 3 has a very different situation than game 2 does, as the final entry they can quite comfortably start to add things for past races knowing that this is the games final state. I think we start seeing character packs that introduce batch's of minor characters as most factions have more than enough units now.

CA knows it can get a lot out this franchise and I would imagine them to produce content until either we stop buying it or they move on to a new fantasy series and can no longer spare the time.
    afverrall said:

Game 3 has a very different situation than game 2 does, as the final entry they can quite comfortably start to add things for past races knowing that this is the games final state.

that was never even a problem.
  • RevoranRevoran Member Registered Users Posts: 270
    edited July 2021
    One thing I will say is that:

* Assuming they support WH3 for as long as WH2 (about 4 years)
    * Assuming they maintain the current rate of them adding LLs (about 3.5 LLs every 6 months)
    * Then they will have time for only ~20 more LLs after release of WH3, if they release no race/campaign packs

So who makes the cut (assuming that Katarin (confirmed), Kostaltyn (confirmed), Skarbrand (confirmed), Dragon-Emperor, Monkey King, Ku'Gath, N'Kari, Kairos and B'elakor are in the base game)

* Thanquol (confirmed)
    * Boris Todbringer (confirmed)
    * Neferata (likely)
    * Nagash (likely)
    * Dwarf LL (Grimm Burloksson, Josef Bugman or perhaps Malakai Makaisson)
    * Boris Bokha
    * Kislev LL
    * Cathay LL
    * Cathay LL
    * Ogre Kingdoms LL? (Assuming there is only maybe 2 or 3 in the preorder, and they add another one)
    * Chaos Dwarfs 1
    * Chaos Dwarfs 2
    * Chaos Dwarfs 3
    * Valkia the Bloody
    * Skulltaker (I'm going to say that Scyla Anfingrimm and Karanak make better sense as LHs)
    * The Masque
    * The Blue Scribes
    * Vilitch the Curseling (again, I think the Changeling makes sense as an LH but hey you never know, he is very cool)
    * Gutrot Spume
    * Festus the Leechlord
    * Epidemius the Tallyman
    * Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord

At that point, it might be hard for them to squeeze in Ghorros/Moonclaw etc...

Of course, they might just support WH3 for far longer than WH2. Or somehow increase their pace of releases.

• LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,173
    Centigor lord / hero is missing. I belive Ghorros will come sooner or later. His sons are already here.

I would prefer Slugtongue because he is badass. But Ghorros make more sense.

We can't make any conclusions about that yet. I don't believe in any further BM DLC either but I'm not counting out FLC just yet. We did just gain Rakarth as an extra FLC. Is that the new normal, or was that a one-off thing?
    Ugh, I have spoken.

exactly. people are saying **** like flc lords drop every month lmao.

there is so much content they can do for game 3 they would need 15 years before actually thinking about releasing something for bm.
    Ehhhh. BM might at worst be 15th on the list of LPs and realistically fall somewhere between 10 and 12, which is probably 5-8 years.

I'll also note here I don't agree with your use of tone or spelling. Your underlying point that BM are unlikely to receive future content is correct, but you could present it better.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,558

Yannir said:

Repanse. Drycha.

You don't pay much attention do you? Drycha was available if you owned the original WE CP, CA could easily do the same thing in game 3, hell, BM could get another LP in the next game with units like the Preyton and Cockatrice, which may come with Ghorros
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,414
    zuendl86 said:

Fossoway said:

Ghorst. Tretch. Nakai. Snikch. Repanse. Rakarth.

Ghorst, Trech, Nakai, Snikch, Rakarth are all core!
    What do you mean by “core” ?
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    Yes there is a limited amount of crossovers for game 3 and not all races can get one. That is if we assume that the game 3 races are going to be at least half of each DLC which is not guaranteed (CA could throw a curve ball and do race 2 v Race 1) but nonetheless a fair assumption at this stage (all crossovers had a base game 2 race).

In game 2, we got 4 crossovers only. More is possible of course but we're not getting to 10 or something.

Let's look at the likely candidates:
    - Norsca: Devs said they were left behind. A rework is likely and as for beastmen, it is also likely to come with a DLC.

- Warriors of chaos: Same as Nors a, they are lagging behind and have plenty of units and characters to add that are not linked to Monogods.

- Dwarfs: they got a rework but they have enough for a Lord pack.

- Empire: iconic rivalry against chaos. Also have enough for a lord pack.

- High Elves: Same as empire, they also have a Sea Patrol sized hole in their roster.

- Greenskins: lots of material for a DLC there.

- Vampire counts: they have less units but a lot of characters (Neferata, Zacharias, Vorag) that could warrant a DLC.

- Tomb Kings: have enough armybook characters + Monster Arcanum unit for a LP.

So already a lot to consider here. Beastmen getting a FLC LL similar to Thorek is certainly possible. A full size LP much less in my opinion.
    Yannir said:

We can't make any conclusions about that yet. I don't believe in any further BM DLC either but I'm not counting out FLC just yet. We did just gain Rakarth as an extra FLC. Is that the new normal, or was that a one-off thing?
    rakarth fas a flc for a core race, what is so hard to understand?
    Yannir said:

This is true, we need to account for things we haven't yet seen occurring. However we can say from what we know about how CA does things the BM are most certainly unlikely to get an FLC or DLC in TWW3.

It's why I think we should celebrate that more right now rather than looking ahead to future content that is just simply unlikely to ever happen.

Forum Terms & Conditions

edited July 2021

Yannir said:

rakarth fas a flc for a core race, what is so hard to understand?
    Yeah but Repanse, Drycha and Thorek are not. Why is that so hard to understand? Your "rule" was proven false.

If it was one, I'd agree with you. But it's not. It's atleast 2, even if you discount Drycha.
    Ugh, I have spoken.

Yannir said:

This is true, we need to account for things we haven't yet seen occurring. However we can say from what we know about how CA does things the BM are most certainly unlikely to get an FLC or DLC in TWW3.

It's why I think we should celebrate that more right now rather than looking ahead to future content that is just simply unlikely to ever happen.
    i never expected bm would get another dlc however im **** about ghorros ngl, especially when we got drycha.