Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is up with this Empire Garrison? Wood elf hero, Thane...

TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 797
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

Is the above a bug? Or can the empire get these garrisons now? A wood elf and dwarf hero as well as another 4 empire heroes?

Also secondary question why in Groms campaign when you hover over the recipies does Grom not make all those weird excited to eat noises any more?

Comments

• arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    It's a reference to Vermintide, a game where you play 4 out of character that are trying to stop a Skaven Invasion (then Chaos and Beastmen too) in Ubersreik and then Altdorf
  • epic_159762586734rPl6Nw5epic_159762586734rPl6Nw5 Registered Users Posts: 1
    The garrison is a reference to the original vermintide game by fatshark I believe. On the other point I do not remember Grom making such noises with the cauldron, but it has been a year since I played him.
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 117
    Lol that’s an Easter egg. Ubersreik is the home of the legendary Ubersreik 5, or 4 doesn’t matter. The characters from the game Vermintide. They have a witch hunter, a bright wizard, a wood elf, a dwarf and a mercinary in the party. You get those 5 when you build the “Red Moon Inn” unique building (their home base).
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,880
    arthadaw said:

It's a reference to Vermintide, a game where you play 4 out of character that are trying to stop a Skaven Invasion (then Chaos and Beastmen too) in Ubersreik and then Altdorf

Wait, Altdorf?

There a DLC I missed?
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 797
    Ok thanks guys, I was really confused at first, even verified the integrity of my game files lol.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,183

arthadaw said:

Wait, Altdorf?

There a DLC I missed?
    Game 2 isn't in Ubersreik but I think I'm wrong on where it is
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2021

arthadaw said:

Wait, Altdorf?

There a DLC I missed?
    This is a mod
    Post edited by Bastilean on
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,880
    arthadaw said:

arthadaw said:

Wait, Altdorf?

There a DLC I missed?
    Game 2 isn't in Ubersreik but I think I'm wrong on where it is
    Oh

2 is around Helmgart more or less, bits in Norsca, Drachenfells, etc.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,494
    I think it’s been in since the forts rework.
    For die hard fans on a forum, people don’t seem to play much.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,184

I have Vermintide 1 and have never even installed it before 2 came out o_o.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,514
    play Vermintide and they are Vermintide characters
    Itharus said:

I got vermintide 2 on sale.
    Boy I was disappointed, slash and hack whirlwind of I don’t know what was happening.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693

Itharus said:

Boy I was disappointed, slash and hack whirlwind of I don’t know what was happening.
    If you don't know what's happening, you should pay attention to the map intros and the dialogue.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732

Itharus said:

I mean the game is literally of the 'Hack & Slash' game genre; not sure what you were expecting?

Itharus said:

I mean the game is literally of the 'Hack & Slash' game genre; not sure what you were expecting?
    I thought there might be some sort of linear thing. I knew it was hack and slash, but decided to soil myself anyway because of the setting.
    Boy I was dissatisfied.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    Its a great game and Fatshark have done an amazing job with the dialogue. The characters are really well fleshed out due to the dialogue and blog posts. The 5 or 4 or 4 or 5 (doesn't matter) are some of my favourite Warhammer characters. But, yeah, it is a hack and slash, no doubt about it. The blog posts are well worth reading though.
    edited July 2021

Itharus said:

I thought there might be some sort of linear thing. I knew it was hack and slash, but decided to soil myself anyway because of the setting.
    Boy I was dissatisfied.
    There is an entire linear story-path yes....perhaps you played the new rogue-like chaos realms mode I imagine. The bulk of the game is a linear narrative series of missions building to a finale.
    Rheingold said:

Its a great game and Fatshark have done an amazing job with the dialogue. The characters are really well fleshed out due to the dialogue and blog posts. The 5 or 4 or 4 or 5 (doesn't matter) are some of my favourite Warhammer characters. But, yeah, it is a hack and slash, no doubt about it. The blog posts are well worth reading though.

I don’t think I want to have to read blog posts to get immersed or get a feeling of the characters.
    The game will stay in the uninstalled limbo forever I think.
    Btw. What’s the deal with the lobby/start area, what the hell is going on there?
    Anyway, I like that the garrison in Warhammer reflects the characters, but that’s about it. (other settlements known for diversity should have garrisons like this though)
    edited July 2021

Rheingold said:

I don’t think I want to have to read blog posts to get immersed or get a feeling of the characters.
    Btw. What’s the deal with the lobby/start area, what the hell is going on there?
    Anyway, I like that the garrison in Warhammer reflects the characters, but that’s about it. (other settlements known for diversity should have garrisons like this though)
    The start area is just the 'main menu' but for a bit of fun it is an area you can walk around and talk to characters, test weapons etc.

As for the characters - they constantly bicker and talk constantly (and there is a tutorial setting up the premise of the game as well). Accross the game you find out a significant amount about the characters, the backstory, the setting etc.

Sorry for sounding a bit confrontational about it - but the complaints you have made don't really make any sense. if you don't like the game - then you don't like it. But... well for example imagine someone said they didn't like Total War Warhammer - because there isn't enough races / characters. It doesn't make sense.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,057

Rheingold said:

Fair enough you don't have to but they are really well written and the characters are well fleshed out with distinct personalities - as I said they are easily amongst my favourites...

https://www.vermintide.com/news/franz-lohners-chronicle-provisions
  • Alexandrian2202Alexandrian2202 Registered Users Posts: 50
    I played Vermintide 2 around its launch and really enjoyed it - it can seem like a whirlwind but it’s actually pretty skilled both in melee and ranged combat, prioritising targets, dodging, blocking etc are all really important. There’s definitely a learning curve to it though, especially if you try the harder difficulties.
    I haven’t played since the expansions launched, it may well be that the straightforward structure has got a bit confusing for a newcomer.