Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Oxyotl doesn't get a unique rite, first DLC since P&W that doesn't add a rite to the WH2 faction.

ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
edited July 7 in General Discussion
Just saw loremaster of sotek playthrough of Oxyotl and when he goes to recruit a slann, Oxyotl has the vanilla rites. Every DLC (and most FLCs, or maybe all FLCs) have added a different twist on the WH2 rites for their factions. Some factions have even gotten two different new rites or upgraded versions.

It's not even that hard to come up with something: Rite of ash and echoes (based on the names of two cities asociated with Oxy in lore) lizardmen armies are covered in smoke and magic, units with stalk get unspottable and you get to use holy stela in battle for five turns. Replaces the rite of ferocity.
Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
Tagged:

Comments

• Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,070
    I imagine they're thinking that it's not worth it seeing as rites probably aren't going to be in the next game anyway.
  • ThousandScoundrelsThousandScoundrels Registered Users Posts: 36
    Not sure he needs one honestly. But a rite that was forward looking, with aims at W3 Chaos mechanics would have been interesting!
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,873
    edited July 7
    Eh, so long as the faction in question does get new and fresh gameplay, I don’t know if I strongly care if they got a new Rite specifically.

After all, that’s the point of Rites anyway? To enhance gameplay? If the gameplay is indeed enhanced I don’t really care where it comes from on the UI screen.

I don’t see the difference for example, in Oxyotl getting Secret Sanctums as their own mechanic, vs Oxyotl performing the ‘Rite of Sanctums’, which allows you to build a Secret Sanctum somewhere.

If Oxyotl was super shallow in terms of mechanics and/or we had a new ‘Forge of Daith at launch’ situation, then I might be more sympathetic to your issue. But as it stands, the mechanics feel fresh and decently well designed. So I don’t feel a need to have a random Rite tacked on.
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    Valkaar said:

Eh, so long as the faction in question does get new and fresh gameplay, I don’t know if I strongly care if they got a new Rite specifically.

After all, that’s the point of Rites anyway? To enhance gameplay? If the gameplay is indeed enhanced I don’t really care where it comes from on the UI screen.

I don’t see the difference for example, in Oxyotl getting Secret Sanctums as their own mechanic, vs Oxyotl performing the ‘Rite of Sanctums’, which allows you to build a Secret Sanctum somewhere.

If Oxyotl was super shallow in terms of mechanics and/or we had a new ‘Forge of Daith at launch’ situation, then I might be more sympathetic to your issue. But as it stands, the mechanics feel fresh and decently well designed. So I don’t feel a need to have a random Rite tacked on.

For me the point of unique rites is that the faction loses access to a bonus other factions in it's race get while getting new bonus. It's not like Eltharion, Grom, Snikchs or Thrott didn't have their own equivalent of their secret sanctum via their own mechanics, plus a rite on top.

I feel that they mostly flesh out a faction identity. For example, each skaven gets a different army ability, the aristocratic Imrik buffs nobles instead of spellcasters, Hellebron buffs death hags rather than sorceress. It's the little things that make you play each lord differently.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1