Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skink Oracle animations?

John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,206
Was just checking some more DLC gameplay and i realized that it appears that the Oracle riding the Troglodon is pretty much inanimate and has no animation whatsoever. He's very stiff, never moves at all and is also not correctly holding the handle bar (his hand is completely detached from it).
All the other LM mounted characters, even if they don't fight per se, at least have tons of animations while the ride. The Oracle is frozen in time.

Hopefully its fixed on the release build.

You can check it out directly on Turin's latest battle at the 1.38 min mark:

Comments

• MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 312
    He does actually wiggle around in his seat. You can't really see it here. But the Oracle does shuffle about.
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 604
    I think it’s partially cause he’s playing on slow motion. Maybe find a normal speed version to see if you feel better about that?
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,206
    edited July 8
    Chora said:

I think it’s partially cause he’s playing on slow motion. Maybe find a normal speed version to see if you feel better about that?

This is not in slow-mo (at the 2:40 min mark).
    Looks really stiff to me. I guess he isn't 100% inanimate, he does some very slight movements (i had to look closely really hard), but he's pretty much in the exact same position all the time. He doesn't move his head around, nor move its arms. The arm that's holding the scepter is pretty much immobile.
    Don't know, looks really stiff to me, as opposed to all other dino-riding LM characters.
  • Kebab_manKebab_man Registered Users Posts: 565
    again this is a thing where the version is older then what they have now, in all likelihood the oracle is already fixed, but they aren't updating the build they give out to prevent other changes from being known, or to be seen as finalized
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,608
    This is a common thing with mounts, Wulkrik is the most chad of all. He stays in his seat no matter what.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,806

This is a common thing with mounts, Wulkrik is the most chad of all. He stays in his seat no matter what.

Thank god for super glue, eh?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,087
    Why do these Youtubers never zoom in on units while in combat? Especially new units to see their animations.
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 852
    It's the Lizardmen. Do you expect CA to actually spend time animating their new units when there is so much Beastmen stuff to showcase? It's a Beastmen DLC after all. The Lizardmen are just there because they need something to job against.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045
    The Oracle moves moves its arms when casting and wiggles in its seat during idle animations, I wasn't expecting him to do backflips on the back of the Troglodon.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,206

The Oracle moves moves its arms when casting and wiggles in its seat during idle animations, I wasn't expecting him to do backflips on the back of the Troglodon.

Can you show me where and in what video you can see that?
    Cause in the two i linked here he's essentially immobile all the time. In Turins' video he shows the idling unit for like 5mins or something walking talking about it. The Oracle does not wiggle once. I haven't seen the casting animation, but in idle stance he doesn't move whatsoever.

I'm not expecting backflips. You migh want to launch up the game and take a look at what Scarvets and Old Bloods on Carnosaurs do for example.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045

Can you show me where and in what video you can see that?
    Cause in the two i linked here he's essentially immobile all the time. In Turins' video he shows the idling unit for like 5mins or something walking talking about it. The Oracle does not wiggle once. I haven't seen the casting animation, but in idle stance he doesn't move whatsoever.

I'm not expecting backflips. You migh want to launch up the game and take a look at what Scarvets and Old Bloods on Carnosaurs do for example.
    In Sotek first Oxyotl stream he focuses a lot on it, because he gets one at the start that represents him, you can crearly see than whenever the Troglodon shoots the Oracle on top raises the arm and shoots another projectile.

• oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    I understand this is the place to bring up this kind of thing if it bugs you.

BUT, what speed are you playing at to expect to notice it? Even if I play a battle at half speed, which I do sometimes, I would never have time to zoom in and watch animations that much.

How do you expect it to be noticeable?
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    CA really cant be arsed to deliver on the quality...
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,247
    In Zerkovich's roster variant video it doesn't move at all, just sitting there like a stuffed lizard.
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869

BUT, what speed are you playing at to expect to notice it? Even if I play a battle at half speed, which I do sometimes, I would never have time to zoom in and watch animations that much.

I'm not bothered at all by this, but in easy battles that only need one or two orders at the start I usually just zoom to the max and enjoy the animations
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,995

I'm not bothered at all by this, but in easy battles that only need one or two orders at the start I usually just zoom to the max and enjoy the animations
    Fair enough, I probably just auto resolve those. Didn't think of that.