Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Battle Types

1234568»

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,429

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Tayvar said:

KronusX said:

I am confused. People are arguing lore right now, despite how many lore breaking things happen in game? Is that a joke or an actual thing?

I took the sword of Khaine as Wood Elves, is there a lore for that?

Lore purists, the bane of Warhammer total war.

Elves taking the Sword of Khaine is something that could happen more easily than entering the Realm of Chaos. Entering the Realm of Chaos is like coming to visit Cthulhu.
    Whether something is more easy or not doesn't make it impossible, which is what counts in a TW game.

By Oxyotl, any argument that states it is impossible is flawed, if it's possible but very hard it is likely to appear in the final game of the trilogy.
    Named Character.
    Plot Armour.
    1 Individual.
    Not standing up and kicking in one of the Gods doors.
    If we say that plot armour is something used to protect in the realms, it's obtuse to turn around and not expect it with some armor and a plot macguffin.
    To apply it to entire armies, detracts from the setting itself. Its one thing to say 'this super special character's big thing is running around the realm of chaos which is a realm of madness and mutation and the gods' its another to say 'meh, we can send in the army and kick down khornes tower'.

If you dont see this, or you dont care, then fine.
    Not really, the DE have had entire armies do weird things multiple times. Stories in Warhammer have that trope constantly.
    I'm sure they walked right past Slaanesh too.
    Blah blah blah, you're totally an authority on the chaos gods like some of the other people here who had to be reminded armies and individuals have already gone in and come out. Then just moved the goal posts.

You do not now or ever know or have an idea on the limits of the chaos gods other than the fanfiction made up for yourself.
    Chaos is as strong as the plot armour GW decides it should have, sometimes they are a joke. Like in Warhammer total war where they are quarter cores, it’s plot that decides not Chaos GODS inherent power.
    Do some research 🧐 on plot armour in GW.
    Those eldritch abominations don't need a plot armour, they easily the strongest gods in the setting.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,584
    Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Tayvar said:

KronusX said:

I am confused. People are arguing lore right now, despite how many lore breaking things happen in game? Is that a joke or an actual thing?

I took the sword of Khaine as Wood Elves, is there a lore for that?

Lore purists, the bane of Warhammer total war.

Elves taking the Sword of Khaine is something that could happen more easily than entering the Realm of Chaos. Entering the Realm of Chaos is like coming to visit Cthulhu.
    Whether something is more easy or not doesn't make it impossible, which is what counts in a TW game.

By Oxyotl, any argument that states it is impossible is flawed, if it's possible but very hard it is likely to appear in the final game of the trilogy.
    Named Character.
    Plot Armour.
    1 Individual.
    Not standing up and kicking in one of the Gods doors.
    If we say that plot armour is something used to protect in the realms, it's obtuse to turn around and not expect it with some armor and a plot macguffin.
    To apply it to entire armies, detracts from the setting itself. Its one thing to say 'this super special character's big thing is running around the realm of chaos which is a realm of madness and mutation and the gods' its another to say 'meh, we can send in the army and kick down khornes tower'.

If you dont see this, or you dont care, then fine.
    Not really, the DE have had entire armies do weird things multiple times. Stories in Warhammer have that trope constantly.
    I'm sure they walked right past Slaanesh too.
    Blah blah blah, you're totally an authority on the chaos gods like some of the other people here who had to be reminded armies and individuals have already gone in and come out. Then just moved the goal posts.

You do not now or ever know or have an idea on the limits of the chaos gods other than the fanfiction made up for yourself.
    Oh totally. Certainly not something GW has reinforced over 3 settings across decades.

Just some villains to be defeated like in every other heroic setting, right?
    See, that's the problem. They have not. As time has gone on they introduced more and more stories where people went in and came out. Dangerous people die. 40k which argueably has a stronger set of Chaos has far more stories of people and races going in and out.

Yes, absolutely. Cause if you didn't noticed until they decided to end the entire series Chaos was never going to win. That was kinda the joke. They'd run over the speedbump that was Kislev but ultimately lose. Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Skaven, and Chaos were never going to ultimately win. Despite being edgy grimdark Archaeon and the demons still lost like Saturday morning cartoons. Which sometimes also lathered on how powerful their villains were only to still be defeated. Archaeon still was no better than Mumm-Ra. The man who destroyed modern man by killing millions and flinging everything back to techno barbarism.

And that was actually reinforced time and time again.

Chaos gods are evil, vile, extremely powerful, but fanboys of them are still giving them things they didn't have and you can't cite anywhere that GW said you could not enter the realm, could not survive, could not escape, or could not steal. In fact they once more gave stories proving my point. In 40k and Fantasy. In fact in the 'future' Age of Sigmar they are far more oppossable. har har har.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,441
    Nyxilis said:

Yes, absolutely. Cause if you didn't noticed until they decided to end the entire series Chaos was never going to win .

Nope, and this is why the End Times made at least some sense.

The invasions by Chaos were increasingly common, I could go get the army book quotes, but I don't really care to bother to convince you.

You'll literally never going to convince me of what your saying, ever.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Yes, absolutely. Cause if you didn't noticed until they decided to end the entire series Chaos was never going to win .

The invasions by Chaos were increasingly common, I could go get the army book quotes, but I don't really care to bother to convince you.

Yep, lets see.. how many failed invasions of the Empire by the Everchosen prior to End Times... oh.. yeah.. all of them. How many before him achieved destroying the world.. oh yeah all of them. Every Daemonlord, every Warrior of Chaos, oh hey look a Norsca's raids getting their big bad warlord of the day killed off like some ghost of the day in Supernatural.

End Times only happened as the end to the series if Warhammer Fantasy continued into 9th edition Chaos would still be failboating all the live long day.

Whelp, if I can't convince you that you're snorting fanfiction guess just a lost cause... but you're still wrong! This point it's just willful ignorance.
    Of course they failed, the point of these settings is that it's on a knifes edge of eventually, not today, tomorrow, but eventually.

When taken to its logical conclusion?

End Times, turn off the lights.

The Imperium of 40K, will never win, and if the setting ended, Chaos would win.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,912
    Surge_2 said:

Of course they failed, the point of these settings is that it's on a knifes edge of eventually, not today, tomorrow, but eventually.

why do i feel like quite a few Space marine fans is pushing for imperial victory
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    Surge_2 said:

You mean... like a Saturday morning cartoon? Mumm-Ra no matter that he destroyed every modern nation of earth, committed genocide, ultimately just lost constantly?

Not saying the good guys win either, duh. They need to continued story of the day and if the Empire wiped out Chaos forever well there goes your giant narrative.

But in the end it was the narrative which Chaos would lose invasion after invasion after invasion. Hell they had to grapple with unusual stories born out of contests. Cause ya know, super serious Chaos getting owned by Greenskins who are soccer hooligans turned green.

The logical conclusion only happened with the end of the entire game. Up to that point, lose, lose, lose, lose... to the point people snicker when supposedly Chaos worshippers are the most bad ass. Bet your Khornites still die somewhere in some imperial province.

But you still get fanboys, oh my gosh Chaos the best ever and totally not like Mumm-Ra. Super serious. Now let me write some fanfiction that's not even something written by the writers themselves.
    saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

why do i feel like quite a few Space marine fans is pushing for imperial victory
    Because there are quite a few people who don't understand these settings.

I mean some even think that Space Marines are good guys.

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

So what if GW caters to them , after all they spend the most money in the setting if they ever decide to end 40k they give the fans what they want
    saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

So what if GW caters to them , after all they spend the most money in the setting if they ever decide to end 40k they give the fans what they want
    Not sure if you are around 40K, but the growing resentment towards marines isn't exactly a good thing.

They certainly could reverse direction on the lore that has been consistent for 20+ years, which has settled into a unique and profitable setting with hundreds of successful novels, from dozens of successful authors.

Not sure why they would, but hey retcons happen that don't need to, all the time.

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

Surge_2 said:

Not sure if you are around 40K, but the growing resentment towards marines isn't exactly a good thing.

They certainly could reverse direction on the lore that has been consistent for 20+ years, which has settled into a unique and profitable setting with hundreds of successful novels, from dozens of successful authors.

Not sure why they would, but hey retcons happen that don't need to, all the time.
    not in to 40k much there really isn't a race that i like sure there are those Grail knight pretenders that came out recently but them still worshiping the emperor is real turn off.

yes retcons do happen all the time for no reason so who the hell knows what tomorrow brings which probably why GW allow this because for them it really doesn't matter.

I'd say it matters quite a bit considering how profitable they have been the last year or 3.

Don't kill the golden goose.

Surge_2 said:

I'd say it matters quite a bit considering how profitable they have been the last year or 3.

Don't kill the golden goose.

i mean lets face apart from few people no one really complaining on this front, it is hardly a priority for many
    Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Yep, lets see.. how many failed invasions of the Empire by the Everchosen prior to End Times... oh.. yeah.. all of them. How many before him achieved destroying the world.. oh yeah all of them. Every Daemonlord, every Warrior of Chaos, oh hey look a Norsca's raids getting their big bad warlord of the day killed off like some ghost of the day in Supernatural.

End Times only happened as the end to the series if Warhammer Fantasy continued into 9th edition Chaos would still be failboating all the live long day.

Whelp, if I can't convince you that you're snorting fanfiction guess just a lost cause... but you're still wrong! This point it's just willful ignorance.
    The Chaos Gods was not even playing seriously most of the time, yet Chaos was doing a lot of damage.
    Tayvar said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

The Chaos Gods was not even playing seriously most of the time, yet Chaos was doing a lot of damage.
    Doesn't matter if they were serious. They could be the most serious face, send their biggest demon, but if they weren't cancelling Warhammer they'd still simply lose because they're not going to kill off the Empire while the game existed.

Only when they decided to make a whole new franchise did the ET come around. If they just were cancelling we might not have even gotten that send off.

Even then if they were so super serious and powerful... hm... they don't seem to be wiping everyone out in AoS out either. Almost like permanent victory will once more be just out of grasp so long as the product sells. Like some saturday morning Skellator.
    Nyxilis said:

Tayvar said:

Nyxilis said:

Surge_2 said:

Nyxilis said:

Doesn't matter if they were serious. They could be the most serious face, send their biggest demon, but if they weren't cancelling Warhammer they'd still simply lose because they're not going to kill off the Empire while the game existed.

Only when they decided to make a whole new franchise did the ET come around. If they just were cancelling we might not have even gotten that send off.

Even then if they were so super serious and powerful... hm... they don't seem to be wiping everyone out in AoS out either. Almost like permanent victory will once more be just out of grasp so long as the product sells. Like some saturday morning Skellator.
    It's the evil only has to win once trope, if Chaos win then it's the end times, also it was only the question of when Chaos win, not if chaos win, the 'good guys' can't destroy chaos, while Chaos can destroy the 'good guys'. Chaos had more in common with Cthulhu than with Skellator or even with Sauron. As for Age of Sigmar, it's clearly a less dark setting than Warhammer Fantasy.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOnlyHasToWinOnce
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 503

Hello gamers,

I have good news! :D

In the magazine Gameplay edition number 301 is a preview, about the game Warhammer III and this magazine is now out and you can buy it in the stores. ;)

And the website and the magazine are only in the Dutch language.

http://www.pcgameplay.com/

Also, we can expect the Chaos Dwarfs in Warhammer III, because I read this in the preview. :o
    The only question is that Chaos Dwarfs are present, when the game is released late of this year, or comes this as a dlc for Warhammer III. :/
    We shall see. :*

• BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 633

Hello gamers,

I have good news! :D

In the magazine Gameplay edition number 301 is a preview, about the game Warhammer III and this magazine is now out and you can buy it in the stores. ;)

And the website and the magazine are only in the Dutch language.

http://www.pcgameplay.com/

Also, we can expect the Chaos Dwarfs in Warhammer III, because I read this in the preview. :o
    The only question is that Chaos Dwarfs are present, when the game is released late of this year, or comes this as a dlc for Warhammer III. :/
    We shall see. :*

This info is only... three months old?
    @Blacksphemy

No, this isn't 3 months old. :/

The magazine number 301 with the preview from Warhammer III is since 24 of June in the stores. ;)
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,177

@Blacksphemy

The magazine number 301 with the preview from Warhammer III is since 24 of June in the stores. ;)

If you have anything we don't know then share it here otherwise it just seems like a poor attempt at advertising a magasine.

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

If you have anything we don't know then share it here otherwise it just seems like a poor attempt at advertising a magasine.
    That's your opinion, but I don't advertisement for this magazine. :/

I stop this discussion.

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.
    Then I'm only going to assume there is no information we aren't aware of.

• BierTempelierBierTempelier Registered Users Posts: 338

What about battle speed options ?

PLZ let there be a playable Slowmo (with attention for sound to continue at slower pace) !
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.
    Maybe, is this important information? There's also an interview with 2 Project Managers from C.A.: Ian Roxburgh and Oscar Andersson (see the document "Interview (Warhammer III)"). ;)

And bottom left of this page under the text "Follow the Bear" is something important to read about Warhammer III. :o
    This is only in the Dutch language!

And have fun to read. :D

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.
    Maybe, is this important information? There's also an interview with 2 Project Managers from C.A.: Ian Roxburgh and Oscar Andersson (see the document "Interview (Warhammer III)"). ;)

And bottom left of this page under the text "Follow the Bear" is something important to read about Warhammer III. :o

Most people here don't speak dutch so if there is anything that is actually new then share it and if there is nothing then don't bother comment.

• BierTempelierBierTempelier Registered Users Posts: 338
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.

Most people here don't speak dutch so if there is anything that is actually new then share it and if there is nothing then don't bother comment.
    Wow that's a very toxic statement, you must be very lonely to lash out like that. Some of us out there actually can understand more than one language, spank you very much...

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.

Wow that's a very toxic statement, you must be very lonely to lash out like that. Some of us out there actually can understand more than one language, spank you very much...

That's right, what you said. Some gamers can read more languages, then only English.
    Hello Moderator(s),

Can you please close this thread?

Because, I post here some information, about a preview from Warhammer III, but this discussion leads to nowhere.

Thanks.

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

@Blacksphemy

I stop this discussion.

It's an english forum here and most people will speak english on top of their native languages. I highly doubt dutch speakers are in the majority and it's only common sense that if you have news in a language that isn't the one of the forum then you should translate whatever the news are. I have no clue how that is toxic.