Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

FOR CA: the old faction and lord selection menu was better - what are the plans about that?

BulkaBulka Registered Users Posts: 11
edited July 11 in General Discussion
Hello to all the participants of the forum.

So, I am a long-time player of the Total Warhammer since the very release of the first part, and there are some things that bother me.

For example-the race and lord selection menu, in short-

1) The faction selection is removed, only the lords,

2) The lords selection menu itself is not the most convenient,

3) It is difficult for beginners to find a description of the faction - it is removed in the Internet encyclopedia, but for example I always play offline, and so on.

4) It is inconvenient for beginners - they want to learn about the universe and race - it was in the old selection menus, now it is removed or hidden.

5) the old one was much better, more informative, and more comfortable

I raise this topic because the developers said not so long ago that they would change the selection menu, but there was nothing concrete further. I would like to know if there are any plans in this regard?

Because I know a lot of people who have a lot of problems because of this menu.

Thanks

Old version (better)

Comments

• Rolf1989Rolf1989 Registered Users Posts: 491
    edited July 11
    Yeah, it's not good. I'm sure they'll change it come TWW3. I don't quite remember how it was in TWW1, but wasn't it just first choose race, and then LL? If so, that seems like the obvious solution.

Edit. Oh didn't notice the picture. But yes, it is better. Something like that, please.
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 223
    I liked the 3Ks selection screen the most
  • BulkaBulka Registered Users Posts: 11
    PPerun7:30PM
    I liked the 3Ks selection screen the most

It is even more informative and stylish than what is now in Warhammer
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    The version you show us is the very first version. Even in late warhammer 1 they changed it a bit, and it was not like that but you could choose factions and not races.

Example :

Im not against the new version of selecting a race honestly, like you I dont feel it bad.

But im not against a change in warhammer 3. So we will see !

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    Nazjax said:

The version you show us is the very first version. Even in late warhammer 1 they changed it a bit, and it was not like that but you could choose factions and not races.

Example :

Im not against the new version of selecting a race honestly, like you I dont feel it bad.

I'd go with the RACES listed like that. When you select a race, you get a menu with the different subfactions and LLs.

Example:
    The Empire
    Leads to:
    Reikland - Huntsmarshal's Expedition (I refuse to acknowledge the Geltsurper of Solland here.)
    When Reikland is selected:
    Karl Franz - Volkmar

When the Expedition is selected:
    Markus Wulfhart

etc.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Nazjax said:

Example :

I'd go with the RACES listed like that. When you select a race, you get a menu with the different subfactions and LLs.

Example:
    The Empire
    Leads to:
    Reikland - Huntsmarshal's Expedition (I refuse to acknowledge the Geltsurper of Solland here.)
    When Reikland is selected:
    Karl Franz - Volkmar

When the Expedition is selected:
    Markus Wulfhart

etc.
    So it seems to have been in previous versions of the menu

if I'm not mistaken
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    I like seeing all the lords cause it is like my trophey room.

I understand that now it will be more cluttered.

The Street fighter selection screen floating around is beyond horrible tho.

Grouping them in Races is I dunno, I want to see each lord whej I’m timhinkijg who to play. They have to figure something out.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

I like seeing all the lords cause it is like my trophey room.

I understand that now it will be more cluttered.

The Street fighter selection screen floating around is beyond horrible tho.

Grouping them in Races is I dunno, I want to see each lord whej I’m timhinkijg who to play. They have to figure something out.

You can first choose a race, and then a lord, it's easy, the characteristics of all the lords in the current menu are still not shown - only one lord.