Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Toddy?

Comments

• TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,966
    hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Is the discord even worse than the reddit when it comes to playing defense for CA? Even daring to speculate Boris is a coming is a sin apparently.

Some platforms and depending on what users are on are less inclined to grasp at speculation straws. It’s not really “no harm no foul” because when it ends up being nothing we get a multitude of flame threads that just irritates everyone.
    Does this really qualify as grasping at straws?
    Yes. Are they going to have someone dress up as a BM or lizardmen and talk in their alien language to promote the dlc? Just because there’s a chance or it’s not an impossibility doesn’t make it likely. There’s other logical explanations that don’t have “mystery content” attached.
    Ok, but if it´s just a content promotion why does it drop so late?

They still havent even revealed the whole video and for this effort you´d assume that i was dropped earlier, at least before the content creators got to show off all it.
  • redbaron998redbaron998 Registered Users Posts: 24
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,294

zuendl86 said:

Maybe Toddy will be the "you geht him when you own all two Beastmen DLCs"?

I mean doing a Toddy Trailer without giving him to us sounds kinda silly...

Prepare for dissapointment :P

It seems utterly Bizarre but it seems to be what's happening...
    It may happen (no Boris).

But it doesnt seem to be what is happening. What seems to be happening is that the Wolf is at the gates.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • BesidesToBesidesTo Registered Users Posts: 55
    CA Said on the AMA of february 2020 that Boris would had his day... maybe his time has come.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,976
    Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Is the discord even worse than the reddit when it comes to playing defense for CA? Even daring to speculate Boris is a coming is a sin apparently.

Some platforms and depending on what users are on are less inclined to grasp at speculation straws. It’s not really “no harm no foul” because when it ends up being nothing we get a multitude of flame threads that just irritates everyone.
    Yes. Are they going to have someone dress up as a BM or lizardmen and talk in their alien language to promote the dlc? Just because there’s a chance or it’s not an impossibility doesn’t make it likely. There’s other logical explanations that don’t have “mystery content” attached.
    I do not think you know what grasping at straws implies. Just because there are other explanation for it doesn't mean that it is grasping at straws. And the whole doing damage control on part of CA so things do not get out of hand is exactly what I was refering to.
    Seeing anything and everything as a hint towards content is grasping at straws. So you would like CA to be responsible to quell fan made theories? What happens if they miss one- which is possible because we get about a dozen a week?

Now are we going to say CA has squashed this one- so it must be true! It’s silly. By all means continue the speculation blackhole, but I’ll still voice my opinion of it. Then we can get flame threads and some more marketing diploma jokes. Sounds like a hoot.

You know- if we paid this no mind and the consensus of the community was “nothing to see just a promo” and if it WAS something we would actually get a clear hint of it being significant?

But let’s speculate, talk about Boris- his roster that he’ll bring and the campaign mechanics. And if all of that doesn’t come flood the platforms with flame threads.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,966
    edited July 2021
    hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

I do not think you know what grasping at straws implies. Just because there are other explanation for it doesn't mean that it is grasping at straws. And the whole doing damage control on part of CA so things do not get out of hand is exactly what I was refering to.

But let’s speculate, talk about Boris- his roster that he’ll bring and the campaign mechanics. And if all of that doesn’t come flood the platforms with flame threads.
    Alright, you heard him lads
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,014
    hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Seeing anything and everything as a hint towards content is grasping at straws. So you would like CA to be responsible to quell fan made theories? What happens if they miss one- which is possible because we get about a dozen a week?

Now are we going to say CA has squashed this one- so it must be true! It’s silly. By all means continue the speculation blackhole, but I’ll still voice my opinion of it. Then we can get flame threads and some more marketing diploma jokes. Sounds like a hoot.

You know- if we paid this no mind and the consensus of the community was “nothing to see just a promo” and if it WAS something we would actually get a clear hint of it being significant?

You are being hysterical.

There are different degrees of speculation, and obviously, what we are seeing here increases to odds that Boris Todbringer is coming. By how much? Who knows, but there certainly have been hints less obvious that turned out to be true.

This has nothing to do with Ca being responsible, I do not know where you get this from. I am also not a fan of the marketing degree jokes all the time(low key harrasment vibes).

My point is that this extreme counter reaction is just as silly.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
    TeNoSkill said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Alright, you heard him lads
    Well it is my quote.. Damn that didn't bite me.

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

You are being hysterical.

There are different degrees of speculation, and obviously, what we are seeing here increases to odds that Boris Todbringer is coming. By how much? Who knows, but there certainly have been hints less obvious that turned out to be true.

This has nothing to do with Ca being responsible, I do not know where you get this from. I am also not a fan of the marketing degree jokes all the time(low key harrasment vibes).

My point is that this extreme counter reaction is just as silly.
    Hysterical? weren't you complaining that no one wants to hold your hand as you fall in the speculation hole?

Saying “CA should come in and squash it”-isn't putting responsibility on them? Confused what your whole premise was then? Just simply commenting that no one is interested in your speculating? Ok. My bad.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    One thing I like to add is that even if Boris is coming he will not come woth new units. this must be clear to you all.

When the Dawi FLC don't get a new unit then why should a FLC that was not used for marketing get a special unit?

So even if he come some folks will go nuts, because he is just a Empire General.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    Bayes said:

It's mockery at most, but jokes more often than not. Hardly harassment if we use it whenever they screw up the marketing, then it's just about the right moment to use it. Harassment would be constantly throwing it into anything remotely CA related, or whenever we interact with CA staff.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,045
    edited July 2021
    Middenland units are also what people want. Hope CA knows that
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Then please explain Simone, an official employee, linking a thread about Toddy coming while spamming frog emojis.

Is it too the community grasping at straws ?
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,907
    this will leave all the game 1 core races as 5 LL each.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 689
    Maelas said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Then please explain Simone, an official employee, linking a thread about Toddy coming while spamming frog emojis.

The great Master of Marketing is a grade A ****, but yeah, it seems to be more than just a tease
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,014
    Crossil said:

Bayes said:

It's mockery at most, but jokes more often than not. Hardly harassment if we use it whenever they screw up the marketing, then it's just about the right moment to use it. Harassment would be constantly throwing it into anything remotely CA related, or whenever we interact with CA staff.
    Maybe harrasment is a little too harsh, but whatever it is, there is a line to what is acceptable and what is not, and I feel we are somewhere on the edge.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
    edited July 2021
    Maelas said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Depends,what was he drinking at the time and what kind of shoes was he wearing? And when was it said? 9:32? Or after 9:34? Because that will make a world of difference.

Was the frog crying? Or faceless? Those things are important too.

If your position is that their marketing doesn't make sense, why are you trying to make sense out of the marketing?
    Honestly, the community can whip itself into a frenzy by itself sometimes, but right now, this is purely CA creating and manufacturing it. They retweeted it, they linked the thread on discord about Toddy coming, they published the second part of the video.

They had ample time to quell people logical conclusions. This one is not on the community
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 935
    edited July 2021
    jamreal18 said:

Middenland units are also what people want. Hope CA knows that

They know it and they’re coming at some point. CA could have added some of their units as part of the Empire rework, but elected not to. That’s by design, not coincidence.

I have no idea if Boris is coming now, but if he does, it’s likely just him fully fleshed out and playable only on the ME map. Maybe a unit as well, but I tend to doubt it. Down the road though, I see a lord pack in our future featuring the Cult of Ulric and it will be glorious.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    Maelas said:

Honestly, the community can whip itself into a frenzy by itself sometimes, but right now, this is purely CA creating and manufacturing it. They retweeted it, they linked the thread on discord about Toddy coming, they published the second part of the video.

They had ample time to quell people logical conclusions. This one is not on the community

As this is paid from CA it is only logical that they would tweet the videos.

Also can someone from reddit or discord tell me if there is any discussion/hype about Toddy like here?
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,461
    edited July 2021
    Discord has gone in to salneesh fire is now talking about wolf girls with milkers for toddy.

If CA gonna step in now would be the time.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Ferestor said:

Maelas said:

As this is paid from CA it is only logical that they would tweet the videos.

Also can someone from reddit or discord tell me if there is any discussion/hype about Toddy like here?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/oiojcq/total_war_on_twitter_toddys_tavern_time/
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,152
    saweendra said:

Discord has gone in to salneesh fire is now talking about wolf girls with milkers for toddy.

So a normal day on the internet?
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,922
    Personally, the whole tone deafness of CA just letting this go on whether or not he is coming is just annoying. Is it really that hard to just admit they're doing him if they are, and not doing him if they aren't?
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    edited July 2021

Personally, the whole tone deafness of CA just letting this go on whether or not he is coming is just annoying. Is it really that hard to just admit they're doing him if they are, and not doing him if they aren't?

My love for the developers of this game is only eclipsed by my hate of their Masters of Marketing. So **** stupid...
  • ujopujop Registered Users Posts: 144
    I'll just leave this here

Does it prove that Boris is coming? Nope
    Can it be used to overhype a rumor, that when prove false, will leave a lot of people disappointed? Definitely.
    hendo1592 said:

Maelas said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

hendo1592 said:

Bayes said:

Depends,what was he drinking at the time and what kind of shoes was he wearing? And when was it said? 9:32? Or after 9:34? Because that will make a world of difference.

Was the frog crying? Or faceless? Those things are important too.

If your position is that their marketing doesn't make sense, why are you trying to make sense out of the marketing?
    You're being of astronomical bad faith there.

Simone linked -umprompted- a link to a reddit thread about the video being a hint for Toddy, and added a bunch of hype emojis.

You can cover your ears all you want, this is not straws to grasp at. This is official communication.

Weither Toddy comes or not, nobody cared about that Yogcast vid before Simone launched the hype, CA is responsible.
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,582
    edited July 2021
    ujop said:

I'll just leave this here

Does it prove that Boris is coming? Nope
    Can it be used to overhype a rumor, that when prove false, will leave a lot of people disappointed? Definitely.

Anything GBoG posts is pure speculation for clickbait views. He even gets things already confirmed wrong when reading notes and blogs.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,922
    Maelas said:

Weither Toddy comes or not, nobody cared about that Yogcast vid before Simone launched the hype, CA is responsible.

Regardless of what Simone did.. with them now officially promoting t he video on their own account and NOT shutting down this speculation is either extreme tone deafness (definitely possible with CA's m arketing), or something is coming.

I don't like the outcome of it either way: It rewards conspiratorial thinking and will lead to failed hype/speculation trains in the future, and if Toddy isn't real we're all going to be pretty annoyed at how unaware or uncaring CA is about all this.

IMHO they either don't care or are fairly incompetent at this point.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,686
    well, this is certainly a weird choice if it's not related to a playable Todbringer. Why wake the hype?
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,152
    Lol and out news today is "Hey guys want to see what units the Lizardmen are getting? Isn't that exciting?"