Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Looks like no Toddy.

Comments

• cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 553
    @Simone_CA Thanks to an awfull MK strategy you have achieved that an incredible update to look bland.

Where did you get your MK tittle? Just to don't send my children there to study
  • DeltamirDeltamir Registered Users Posts: 136
    I don't want to take away from this amazing update they are putting out but WHY.....

I'm looking forward to seeing it because it looks funny but I would have saved it for when Toddy is released properly.
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 213
    There's also the possible soulless marketing fact that they will by the very nature of keeping development secrets say he isnt coming until the moment they officially announce it even if he is coming.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,610

Neodeinos said:

I still think it was an incredibly stupid choice to market the lord pack by using Toddy when they still have no plans to make him playable.

Seems like anything they put with Boris in ends up leading to speculation that he'll be added. CA would've faired better if they just didn't put Todbringer in these things.
    Or they could simply had given us a quick "Sorry guys but Toddy will have to wait for his day a bit longer" Just some open and clear communication instead of teases and deliberately stoking the hype.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,326
    To be honest, CA may have shoot themselves in the foot with this one.

You don't need a masters degree to know that using a beloved character that the community has been craving for the LL treatment since game 1 as the center of a marketing video to promote your next DLC, is not the smartest move, unless you plan to release said character as LL.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,786
    This is why I don't believe the lies that come from Grace and Simone when they complain about fans getting overhyped: Why market the DLC using a character that they know fans have been asking alot for; building hype each time thye use him for marketing.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    Dulahan said:

There's also the possible soulless marketing fact that they will by the very nature of keeping development secrets say he isnt coming until the moment they officially announce it even if he is coming.

Good, delude yourself some more.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,777
    They should know better than to promote Toddy for unrelated stuff by now.

Heck, WE should know better than keeping our hopes up.
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,547
    CA marketing is beyond comprehension.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 869
    They're about to drop a massive load of content, new lords, two reworks, big monsters, dwarfs on the vortex map, ogres etc and the marketing team has somehow managed to get us talking about a lord missing from the first game in all the top threads on the forum.

Slow. Hand. Clap.
  • Rolf1989Rolf1989 Registered Users Posts: 493
    edited July 12

At least this will teach us not to be ca's little hype machines and take none of their marketing with any weight.

Hahaha, no. We have been through this song and dance a billion times.
    I truly don't get their marketing, but if people are really getting hyped by this ****, they desperately need to learn pattern recognition.
  • DeltamirDeltamir Registered Users Posts: 136
    It's the boy who cried wolf.

When they actually announce Toddy, the community will be like "Nope, fool me once..."
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,815
    Seriously, between the Masters Degree smack talk and hyping up Toddy entirely by himself, Simone is starting to become a walking blunder.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 825
    Summon the Electoral counts!....too soon?
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,618
    Crossil said:

Dulahan said:

Good, delude yourself some more.
    I mean, the statement was regarding hidden entries. So if there are no hidden entires because Boris is already part of the game that could explain something.

Alas it was again a blunder by CA.
    Maelas said:

Seriously, between the Masters Degree smack talk and hyping up Toddy entirely by himself, Simone is starting to become a walking blunder.

I mean, we don t know if he calls the shots for this stufff, to be fair.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    TeNoSkill said:

Maelas said:

Perhaps.

But I doubt the master's degree is CA's uh.... official stance or somefin'.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    Told you so. don´t hype yourself up for christ sake..
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    Crossil said:

TeNoSkill said:

Maelas said:

Perhaps.

But I doubt the master's degree is CA's uh.... official stance or somefin'.
    truth be told i like Simone even with all his faults feels more organic to interact while some other members are way more corporate but they to have their pros
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,716
    This was the expected outcome, but that isn’t letting CA off the hook from a terrible marketing strategy.
    ò_ó
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    They should have more quickly stated that he's not coming in this patch. I am at least glad they stated it, which they should simply do more often.

However, I wasn't hyped on him at all. Not because I don't want Toddy but because I didn't take it as him coming. I viewed it for what it was. Advertisement for the main campaign. His words pretty much drove that home.

People here always get overhyped even when CA does nothing, I view that more of this communities problems at this point.

This is not a debacle, or some grand flub.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,712

You don't need a masters degree to know that using a beloved character that the community has been craving for the LL treatment since game 1 as the center of a marketing video to promote your next DLC, is not the smartest move, unless you plan to release said character as LL.

Everything doesn't have to hint at new content. I take it as a fun (not for me) way to promote the dlc the day of release, and given that it's yogscast take on Boris that had good traction in the past, it will help spread the news people who haven't bought it yet.

That's it. When asked what discord was talking about- Simone should not have been the one to answer. But as said elsewhere, it was the trending thread on Reddit, and it's not a “nothing thing” to CA. It's a small promotion event with someone that participates in their content partners program. They are selling content and thought a comedic fireside chat with “Boris” would help- of course, they will push it to widen the audience.

That's it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 12
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    hendo1592 said:

Everything doesn't have to hint at new content. I take it as a fun (not for me) way to promote the dlc the day of release, and given that it's yogscast take on Boris that had good traction in the past, it will help spread the news people who haven't bought it yet.

That's it. When asked what discord was talking about- Simone should not have been the one to answer. But as said elsewhere, it was the trending thread on Reddit, and it's not a “nothing thing” to CA. It's a small promotion event with someone that participates in their content partners program. They are selling content and thought a comedic fireside chat with “Boris” would help- of course, they will push it to widen the audience.

That's it.
    I mean, they could have used Markus Wulfhart.

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,241

How many times is this so far people thought boris was coming and didn't?

WH1, Beastmen and Boris came out 5 years ago.

Hmm Old Friend in Game 1. That makes 1.

Old Friends in Game 2. That makes 2.

Boris for this DLC that makes 3.

3 Valid theories.

And for all those poor bastards that believe every "next" dlc will bring him; that'll add;

you add up 4 content dlcs inbetween in game 1.

And then you add up 9 DLC content drops in Game 2.

16 Times over the course of 5 years. Roughly.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,815
    TeNoSkill said:

Maelas said:

I doubt someone told him to spam frogs emojis on discord while linking a 0 upvote, 5 comment thread that was going to sink without himself manufacturing the hype !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,601
    You know what they should have done instead of toddy. Wulfhart. He’s in the game, killed taurox, a character from this dlc, and wouldn’t cause any mixed signals.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,379
    hendo1592 said:

That's it.
    Even a monkey would understand that if you use Boris to market a DLC even though you still won't make it playable then people are going to be salty about it. I expected exactly nothing to happen about Boris and CA still managed to impress me at how bad their marketing is.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• VictuzVictuz Sao Paulo, BrazilRegistered Users Posts: 413
    I'm impressed how people still didn't suspect CA has always worked with Tzeentch.
  • Docpain222Docpain222 Registered Users Posts: 313
    A least Grace is honest and shuts down the toddy train... Maybe one last flc between now and WH3? That being Toddy...