Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit upgrade and downgrade.

BoomgaardenBoomgaarden Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello,

I figured I would make this suggestion while Total War, Warhammer 3 is being made. Something that would be a good quality of life improvement is the ability to upgrade a unit of a similar type to that same type. What I mean is, if you have Spearmen in your army, and you want to change them all to Spearmen with Shields, you must remove the unit, create a new unit of Spearmen with Shields, and lose all your xp you may have earned. It is my opinion that in the campaign you should be able to upgrade and downgrade similar unit types into and out of each other, it can cost a little XP and some gold depending on how great of a change it is. In a pinch, if you're in a tight spot, rather than losing your units and XP, you can downgrade them to be more affordable.

I think this is a great quality of life improvement because I would not be forced into deciding what's more important, the unit I want or the XP I have earned. It is hard for me to judge how many units this is possible for across the factions and campaign, however the Empire is for sure the most likely to benefit. I don't know why I always have trouble changing out a unit for a more optimal one, most likely because they have rank 4 and held the line a great deal, but I imagine I am not the only one.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I will continue to enjoy the game, I look forward to 3 very soon!

Comments

• hmewaldhmewald Registered Users Posts: 2
    Good idea! If you look at the tabletop game most units you would have one unit type, like Chaos Warriors, and then the option to equip them with a range of different weapons like hand weapon and shield, two hand weapons, great weapons or halberds. It would be cool if you could re-equip those unit options on the fly (at a cost) to retain exp and not have to stand still and recruit them.
  • BoomgaardenBoomgaarden Registered Users Posts: 5
    hmewald said:

Good idea! If you look at the tabletop game most units you would have one unit type, like Chaos Warriors, and then the option to equip them with a range of different weapons like hand weapon and shield, two hand weapons, great weapons or halberds. It would be cool if you could re-equip those unit options on the fly (at a cost) to retain exp and not have to stand still and recruit them.

I agree, I feel that it would keep the game moving a bit faster, both for the AI and for the player. It makes the AI cheating more forgivable if you're able to adapt just as fast as they're able to pump out units.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,291
  • cpopper5198cpopper5198 Registered Users Posts: 11
    sword master cant use spear as effectively, so exp must be lowered. however as one go into battle alot his overall fighting skill will surely go up so maybe not a full exp lost but some

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file