Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Silence & The Fury - Out Now!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 14 in General Discussion
The Silence & The Fury is now live!

Join Taurox and rampage through the new world, or use Oxyotl’s stealth to hunt down the brass bull and rid the world of one more servant of chaos…

Grab it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556110/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Silence__The_Fury/

And check out the release trailer here:

Thank you so much for your patience. Unfortunately there was an issue with Steam which has now been resolved. If you restart your Steam client, you should now be able to access your content.

Comments

• sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 1,050
    edited July 14
    Ok it's out now
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,880
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,581
    edited July 14

Vive le Roi!

DLC Overview

I think it's safe for me to say that it's a really solid DLC content-wise. But it isn't without problems.

The Beastmen:

1. Taurox - Great model and animations. The sounds he makes are pure metal.
    2. Doombull - Good model, but, shouldn't he use an axe? Anyway, it's not a bad change. It adds variety of positive kind to the Minotaur-themed armies.
    3. Wargor - Good model.
    4. Tuskgor Chariot - Good model.
    5. Ghorgon - Fantastic model and animations, although there appears to be something off about its animation cycles.
    6. Jabberslythe - Amazing model and animations.

Taurox's mechanics - His mechanics aren't bad, I find them thematic and power-driven. It's a good stuff, but it isn't a great stuff. Throt's lab it's not. What disappoints me the most, though, is the lack of Minotaurs of Khorne in the reward's pool.

I expect Moonclaw DLC in Game3.

The Lizardmen:

1. Oxyotl - Great model and animations. I find his voice somewhat cute.
    2. Skink Oracle - Good model, but its animations are lacking. The character almost doesn't move at all.
    3. Chameleon Stalkers - Good model. Personally, I think it's a pity that no head variants from the concept art made it into the game.
    4. Troglodon - It's a good model overall, and I adore the few new animations it got, especially the tongue flick. But its colour should be paler. And there should be quill-like whiskers on its head, not horns. The Troglodon uses them to track motion(LM 8ED AB p. 37). I don't expect changes, but CA, please, do double-check the source material in the future.
    5. Coatl - To be honest, I don't consider it to be the Coatl at all. It doesn't match any of WH lore and art depictions. Said depictions present the creature with either snake head or dragon head. Your version is bird-like. To be clear, I do like bird dragons, but the Coatl isn't supposed to be one of them. Not to mention the fact that Warhammer dragons don't have bird beaks. What they have are pointy snouts.
    CA, if you don't plan to change its head, then at least add the Lizardmen-themed ornamentations all over its body, vide LM 7ED AB p. 5 artwork and David Gallagher's concept art. As it is, it lacks visual elements tying it to the race. Also, it would greatly benefit from feathers on its back, because currently the wings stand out and look detached, like glued to the body. Its animations too require additional work. It's a shame because it was my most wanted LM unit after the Dread Saurian.

Oxyotl's mechanics - Just like with Taurox, I think the Silent Sanctums could have been much more than they are. For example: today's patch will introduce a new technology to give Skinks poison attacks. Similar to Thorek, Oxyotl could have had his own more advanced version of this core mechanic. Maybe poisons brewing UI in addition to the current Silent Sanctum functions.

After 3 DLCs, the Lizardmen still don't have even one LL with 'wow!' tier mechanic. Hopefully, Tetto'eko will rectify this situation in Game3.

FLC Overview

It's really good, but, yes, yes, there will be a few 'buts'.

The Beastmen:

1. Race rework - It's delicious. It really is. I haven't played them in years, and now I'm actually excited to launch a multiple campaigns.
    2. Great Bray Shaman - it's a good model. I expect the same quality from TW:Access in the future. It's also the level of attention the Glade Captain too should have gotten instead of being a kitbash.
    3. Malagor - Malagor can fly!!!

What bothers me the most is that the Beastmen will continue to use the Warriors of Chaos' chaos corruption visuals. Those don't fit them at all. Instead of spreading lava, the Cloven Ones should spread corrupted flora.

The Dwarfs:

1. Thorek - I would have preferred him as DLC LL with rune-themed units.
    2. Race rework - It's a mighty fine stuff.

CA, do consider putting runic collar on the Carnosaur's model. Or at least add glowing runes on its neck's textures.

The Lizardmen:

The changes coming in this patch are a good first and very small steps, while it should be a whole tango. The Lizardmen should have gotten a rework. The Geomantic Web and Blessed Spawnings remain untouched. No new magic lores for the Slann Nakai's campaign is still in a miserable condition. Tehenhauin too could have used some help, like for example, new RoRs and better ultimate reward for his pyramid.

The Ogres:

Interesting. The livelier the world the better. I assume it's an aperitif to soften our palates before the pre-order announcement.

Post edited by Maedrethnir on
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,592
    Nice!
    ...Question.
    Do I get Patch+DLC+FLC via Download or do I need to activate something via Total war access?
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I wasn't able to fix my PC in time so it looks like I'm gonna have to wait a little more to experience the glory of the new Beastmen. Enjoy it in my stead folks!
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 774
    Is it though?
  • Nice!
    ...Question.
    Do I get Patch+DLC+FLC via Download or do I need to activate something via Total war access?

You'll need to go to access to grab the Bray Shaman and Ogre Mercs :smile:
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,299
    Stephince said:

B00M!

Don’t you mean: M00…m! 🤣
  • KarakaiiKarakaii Registered Users Posts: 8
    Very excited about this!

I went to TW access and I could get the ogres, but for the bray shaman it fails and every time I try to get it to activate I get a message saying "already purchased". It doesn't show up in the game.

Are others experiencing this?
  • Karakaii said:

Very excited about this!

I went to TW access and I could get the ogres, but for the bray shaman it fails and every time I try to get it to activate I get a message saying "already purchased". It doesn't show up in the game.

You're not alone! We're having some trouble with the Bray Shaman on Steam right now, but we're working on a fix and hope to have it fixed shortly.
  • Deadly_bunnyDeadly_bunny Registered Users Posts: 48
    Karakaii said:

Very excited about this!

yea same things happening to me and a mate of mine
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,592
    edited July 14
    CA_James said:

Nice!
    ...Question.

You'll need to go to access to grab the Bray Shaman and Ogre Mercs :smile:
    Thanks for the info but I fear I am too dumb.
    I log into total war acce but I can't find anywhere how to redeem the new content.

I could have sworn you log in and get the content via clicking on it, maybe I use the wrong link?
    Didn't you in the past post the needed link here?^^

Edit:
    NVM! As expected I was too dumb, found it! :D
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    LM campaign mechanic changes are extremely disappointing and pitiful.

LM still have the worst and most boring mechanics out of all TWW2 factions.

Nakai and Teneh and Tiktak are still so basic and shallow.

Nakai in particular is shamefully low effort, he is so slow to move across the campaign map.

Still no changes to so many of LM units that are under used...

Geomantic web, no additional lores of magic for Slann and Skinks etc.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,431
    When or is there is hot patch in the works?

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,369
    DLC says its installed I see the Ogres and Bray Sherman in DLC but the update is frozen at 100%
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
    Steam download is still broken. It stalls out at 100% and just keep trying to download without ever completing.

Seriously, fix your ****
  • KarakaiiKarakaii Registered Users Posts: 8
    CA_James said:

Karakaii said:

Very excited about this!

You're not alone! We're having some trouble with the Bray Shaman on Steam right now, but we're working on a fix and hope to have it fixed shortly.
    Thank you! :)
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 456
    I cannot get Bray Shaman and Thorek. For some reason, Thorek is not in the access and it says that I already purchased Bray Shaman. How to fix this?
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    edited July 14

I cannot get Bray Shaman and Thorek. For some reason, Thorek is not in the access and it says that I already purchased Bray Shaman. How to fix this?

Thorek you get via steam in the "normal" way for FLC - press the download button.

For the Shaman try logging out of access and closing your browser down (I closed all tabs) then went back in and it worked.
  • I cannot get Bray Shaman and Thorek. For some reason, Thorek is not in the access and it says that I already purchased Bray Shaman. How to fix this?

Hi there! you can grab Thorek here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1576390/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Thorek_Ironbrow/

And we're still experiencing issues with the Bray Shaman. Some people have had success by trying again, but that's no guarantee. We're working on a fix now.
    Its not really out. The steam download does not work. I would recommend holding off until tomorrow to click install/update.

Now I don't even have access to TWWH2 because its stuck in infinite download. Might as well enjoy your prior campaigns while they "fix" the DLC and there is actually a stable release.
    edited July 14

Its not really out. The steam download does not work. I would recommend holding off until tomorrow to click install/update.

Now I don't even have access to TWWH2 because its stuck in infinite download. Might as well enjoy your prior campaigns while they "fix" the DLC and there is actually a stable release.

Are you sure its not in the Patching state installing the update on your disc. What does steam show in its download display?
    Display (not much to see as my update has finished):

To see progress press "DOWNLOADS" at bottom of steam client:
    edited July 14
    twwatcher said:

Are you sure its not in the Patching state installing the update on your disc. What does steam show in its download display?
    I am looking at the "ready to launch" window and it has full bars and says 40 hrs or so but never completes.

Download screen does say patch but same issue. Been this was for an hr.
    edited July 14

twwatcher said:

I am looking at the "ready to launch" window and it has full bars and says 40 hrs or so but never completes.

Download screen does say patch but same issue. Been this was for an hr.
    Is the display showing disc usage (the red line) if so you just have to wait for the install to finish. You have finished the Network download (thats why steam shows 100% - blue line) but you still have to wait for the patching to finish.

Sometimes the Network bit stops around 98% then it hammers the install, that takes the time, then the last 2% comes at the end over the network, it then quickly completes - that can be a bit confusing if you are not watching the progress display.

(I have updated the the pics, I posted the same one twice)
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    Please update Nakai horde recruitment buildings to properly reflect the new changes for what tiers LM units can be recruited at......
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • Lion_75Lion_75 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 60
    CA_James said:

Karakaii said:

Very excited about this!

The access content is one thing, what about the LL. they are missing as well
    Veni Vidi Vici
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited July 14
    Modders getting ready to change the Troglodon's colour's and the Coatl's Chicken head's

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690

DAMN YOU, CA!!! :tongue:
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    Download stuck at 100% for close to an hour.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,758