Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressChaos Bug - Mortal Empires - Defeat the leaders of chaos

epic_159760123904UsML5Z2epic_159760123904UsML5Z2 Registered Users Posts: 5
edited July 14 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Information we need:

Build Number: v1.11.1 Build 18231.2249838

Detailed description of your issue: Cannot achieve victory condition "Defeat the leaders of chaos" even though chaos leaders are defeated and Warriors of Chaos faction has been eliminated.

Reproduction steps: Just launch save - victory condition is impossible to fulfil. See condition - "Defeat the leaders of chaos"

.save if your issue is on the Campaign Map: See attached.

Your modfied.log file: See attached.

Screenshots:

1. Shows all 3 chaos leaders dead
2. Shows Warriors of Chaos are eliminated (as not an enemy in current enemies list)
3. Shows "Defeat the leaders of chaos" still pending under victory conditions
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• SyngraferSyngrafer Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have the same issue, despite having Chaos Invasion turned off completely.
  • mattecoomattecoo Registered Users Posts: 1
    same here chaos invasion turned off but still its not completed
  • dimonnag1batordimonnag1bator Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited June 10
    same bug in two legendary campains (belegar and azhag) with chaos inv on (all ded)
  • skdenny001skdenny001 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited June 11
    I have the same bug in a Mortal Empires playing as Karl Franz with the Empire. Not sure what to do. Have satisfied all other Long & Short Campaign Victory Conditions. Can anyone help out?
  • JayvH96JayvH96 Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited June 17
    I have the same problem with an Empire campaign. All chaos lords are dead and I've achieved every campaign goal but it won't give me victory because of this issue.

Sigvald and Kholek didn't show up at all by the way.
    Post edited by JayvH96 on
    I don't want to come of as impatient, but the issue has been reportet multiple times and is over a month old now and there is no indication when CA is going to fix it. Will we have to wait for the patch that comes with the next DLC? I have no motivation to start a new campaign with an Old World faction if I know I can't get the victory conditions.
  • DarkayneDarkayne Registered Users Posts: 2
    JayvH96 said:

I don't want to come of as impatient, but the issue has been reportet multiple times and is over a month old now and there is no indication when CA is going to fix it. Will we have to wait for the patch that comes with the next DLC? I have no motivation to start a new campaign with an Old World faction if I know I can't get the victory conditions.

I second that. From a programming perspective this shouldnt be that hard.
  • rschuylerrschuyler Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm awaiting an answer too...I'm right with you. Can't complete a Dark Elves campaign
  • Metalhammer__Metalhammer__ Registered Users Posts: 1
    Had the same with my campaigns, would be nice for it to be fixed before the new dlc is out
  • blookitblookit Registered Users Posts: 1
    I see this is tagged as KNOWN ISSUE - is there an official response by anyone at CA about this? Seems wild if this hasn't been addressed as it seems to be affecting hordes of people.
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

Hello CA?
  • KanadianKozakKanadianKozak Registered Users Posts: 1
    I've got a dwarf campaign with everything checked off except for the Chaos leaders, but they're all dead. It was the first time I finally decided to finish a Mortal Empire campaign, and it kind of sucks that it's just stuck not being able to finish.
  • Pythagoras18Pythagoras18 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same issue with Dwarfs.. just here to up...
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

This should be resolved!

Doesn't work for me. Loaded the patch and my save file. Victory condition did not check out. Even loaded back to the point before the chaos invasion. Only Archaon shows up, no Kholek, no Sigvald, the icon for the Chaos invasion shows all Chaos legendary lords as dead even though Archaon is on the campaign map.

• SaandroSaandro Registered Users Posts: 73
    Just wanted to say this issue has been resolved for me. I just loaded my Reikland save file and got campaign victory.

Thanks.

Patch notes:

Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete Campaign Objectives for certain factions during playthroughs where Chaos Invasion was disabled

I wrote about bug with chaos inv ON, are u kiddin @CHARLOTTEB_CA?

Same with High Elves, three legendary campains just ruined
    Saandro said:

Just wanted to say this issue has been resolved for me. I just loaded my Reikland save file and got campaign victory.

Thanks.

Did you have "Chaos invasion ON" or Chaos invasion OFF"?
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 437
    edited July 14
    Maybe, is this important information for this bug? :/

I read this very important information in the patch notes!

Important information:

Please note, this update may affect your current campaigns and make any mods you’re using unstable. We’ve released an opt-in beta for the previous version of the game to enable you to finish any current campaign saves you have on the go:

In your Steam games library, right-click Total War: WARHAMMER II and select Properties
    In the Properties window, select the Betas tab
    Select warhammerii_1.11.1 from the list
    Total War: WARHAMMER II will now update to the beta version
    When you want to get the current version, simply opt back out of the beta and your client will auto-update.

UP

Then it's another issue with this, but I think that your "current campaign saves" not longer can use to play further with the new patch 1.12.0.. :/

Or you must use the "beta patch 1.11.1" to play your current campaign saves. And I don't know if this issue is solved by this beta patch. :/

So, every one must make his own choices with this. :*

UP

Then it's another issue with this, but I think that your "current campaign saves" not longer can use to play further with the new patch 1.12.0.. :/

Or you must use the "beta patch 1.11.1" to play your current campaign saves. And I don't know if this issue is solved by this beta patch. :/

So, every one must make his own choices with this. :*
    Its not another issue.

This issue was detected from may. A lot of people here and on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/mwcg8e/defeat_the_leaders_of_chaos/) wrote about this. But it was succesfully ignored, and fixed only with Chaos Inv OFF (not sure).

I dont need to use beta patch, i can play my current campain saves in current version. I just need to get my victory conditions done, get my steam achievments from orcs/dwarsf/high elves legendary campains and forgot about this.
    Then I hope for you, that C.A. shall fix it too. :/

And your victory conditions are done. ;)

Then I hope for you, that C.A. shall fix it too. :/

And your victory conditions are done. ;)

Thank u
  • SaandroSaandro Registered Users Posts: 73
    JayvH96 said:

Saandro said:

Thanks.

Did you have "Chaos invasion ON" or Chaos invasion OFF"?
    I had it off.
    Saandro said:

I had it off.

Thanks for the info. So this issue has been solved as mentioned in the patch notes.

I can only wonder why CA doesn't tell us anything about solving this issue.

They tell, but doesnot solve with chaos inv ON
  • SteveMcdiverSteveMcdiver Registered Users Posts: 1
    They indeed did not fix it with the chaos invasion ON. I was finishing my ME Morathi campaign on the 1.11.1 and i just can't get the victory even after destroying the chaos faction.
  • RagnirTmwRagnirTmw Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited July 29

I started a dwarf campaign *after* the new patch.
    Same problem occured.
    Therefore it can not be any "old save issue".

Chaos invasion is on "very hard", under "Chaos invasion" (in the top screen information where event effects are listed) Archaeon, Sigvald and Kholek are marked as dead but chaos invasion is still active because of razed settlements. I will now try to settle all razed setllements and hope it will resolve the issue

edit: There is no razed settlement left in the game, did not resolve the problem.
    I repeat: the game was started AFTER the newest patch (the Silent and the Fury), all free DLC are installed, including Thorek Ironbrow, all DLC but Chaos, Norsca, Beastmen WH1 and the bloodpatch are installed, starting LL was Ungrim Ironfist, Chaos Invasion setting was VH. The screenshot evidently shows the chaos invasion is still running despite all chaos lords being dead
    Post edited by RagnirTmw on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file