Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Toddy's Tavern Time

Comments

• MaksboMaksbo Registered Users Posts: 433
    Stop fooling around CA, this is honestly getting extremely annoying. Some of us have full time jobs, and are alone with kids, I don't have time for watching stupid videos guessing what you are selling me or not. Just tell us plainly what the plans are goddammit
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,139
    edited July 14
    Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

I get that, those guy do great job, you CA, with Toddy, hype, and playing people, not so much.

Trolling Empire fan, its funny to you ? Guess, you should the same with Thanquol.

Trolling overreacting people.
    It’s very funny.
    🧝‍♀️
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,194

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

I get that, those guy do great job, you CA, with Toddy, hype, and playing people, not so much.

Trolling Empire fan, its funny to you ? Guess, you should the same with Thanquol.

It’s very funny.
    It's trolling but it's lame trolling.

Haha, look at this thing that would be cool if we put in but we haven't! Haha!
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.

Yeah, funny is not really the word.
    More like giving others their comeuppance or karma equality.
    🧝‍♀️
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,839
    edited July 14

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.

Especially on the launch day of their generally praised latest DLC. Baffling.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Well I was hoping for a while it was Toddy but considering how much the patch brought it did not really make much sense.

The vid is really funny and has gone down well – just read the comments on YouTube. Big proportion of upvotes and plenty of views. Just think whats in store when he finally makes it in as a playable LL.

It will be like England actually winning something at footie.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,136
    Cease your complaining plebs, one needs a masters degree in marketing to be able to comprehend how it's smart to fuel the hype of a much wanted character and decide not to shut down that hype until one week later.

We just don't understand

Leave the big thinking to the big brained marketing wiz's at Ca!

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
    Some times watching Ca do marketing is equal to watching some stranger repeatedly bash his head against a brick wall.

It's funny yet tragic

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
    Reeks said:

Cease your complaining plebs, one needs a masters degree in marketing to be able to comprehend how it's smart to fuel the hype of a much wanted character and decide not to shut down that hype until one week later.

We just don't understand

Leave the big thinking to the big brained marketing wiz's at Ca!

It got a wide variety of people to notice Warhammer who usually wouldn’t, and upset a few die hard fans that buy their product anyway.

Win win.

It ain’t rocket science or masters thesis material.
    🧝‍♀️
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,194

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.

Karma's not a b, it's a mirror.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 934

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.

Karma's not a b, it's a mirror.
    Those karma mirrors are too busy snapping legs.
  • NleazerNleazer Registered Users Posts: 12
    I bet you he will be a pre-order bonus, I don't think they are done with Warhammer 2 yet.
  • t1taant1taan Registered Users Posts: 54
    Half Bull, Half Brass, ALL BASTARD is a great line.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,053
    I want the Bringer of Toddlers as much as the next guy but I’m not going to go haywire over not getting a dude and a faction on a day I got several other dudes and factions. Certainly not in the context of this video either.

Toddy is like the Lord Flashheart of Warhammer. Is that you, other Rik? I thought you were dead!

’Where have you been’?
    ’Where havent’t I been? Woof’!

RIP, Rik Mayall.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Fun and funny. Good work lads.
    🧝‍♀️
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,894
    Nleazer said:

I bet you he will be a pre-order bonus, I don't think they are done with Warhammer 2 yet.

They are done with WH2, they said this last DLC was the last content addition. And it wouldn't make sense as preorder anyway since the preorder is a new race. Middenland would not be a new race.

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,188
    That is hilarious. Well done.
  • RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 58
    This was the best video release in the history of Warhammer Total War
  • Kouran_DarkhandKouran_Darkhand Registered Users Posts: 698
    Great video.

Can’t wait to see Toddy and Middenland DLC in game three!
    You are the true king of the elves, Malekith. You are the son of Aenarion, champion of the Daemon War, heir to the Phoenix Crown. It is your right by deed, merit and birth and I would give my life to see that ancient wrong reversed and your rightful position restored. As an elf I can think of no higher calling.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,783
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,604
    edited July 15
    Abmong said:

When Toddy finally gets reworked as LL they better give him his big red bushy beard's all I'm sayin.

He isn't coming. How many times since TWW1 have they mentioned Todbringer having his day? Yeah.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,083
    CA_James said:

From hunting Taurox through the Drakenwald forest, to facing a fabled Coatl in Lustria, Toddy’s been busy bumbling his way through The Silence & The Fury!

Watch the full video to hear Toddy’s completely not exaggerated Huntstag tale:

This is disgusting, not only do you not give it to the game, but also tease.

• Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 183
    OMG!! That video was horrible. An epic failure at trying to be funny.
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 630
    Now I don't have a masters or nothing, but I'd be tickled if the preorder bonus was a middenland expedition to make empire (plus beaucoup ulrican units) playable right off the bat in twwh3.

Course like I said, I'm not a master I'm just a humble forum speculator

• IsrafilIsrafil Registered Users Posts: 59
    Funny how I came across this video about people drinking late at night just as I myself, was drinking late at night. Okay, I've had a few too many....
    Follow me on twitter @perchancetogame. I write about our own End Times - or climate change. But End Times sounds cooler.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    Maelas said:

Arguably not of the best taste

I have a suspicion that CA are doing this because they plan to drop Toddy on us as a surprise FLC.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,999

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.
    No it's the kind of thing that makes people who don't have time for being insulted by the people they're paying change their reviews from positive to negative. Generally speaking it's a bad idea to taunt the person who pays you.
    Itharus said:

Ares354 said:

What the point CA ?

It’s very funny.
    No it's the kind of thing that makes people who don't have time for being insulted by the people they're paying change their reviews from positive to negative. Generally speaking it's a bad idea to taunt the person who pays you.
    The video in itself is fine, where they went off the track were when Simone fueled the hype by commenting in a toddy speculation thread, and then Ca resorted to wait over a week before they shut it down

That was beyond amateurishly done

I really wish the lasses and lads in Horsham did better

It´s a bad look

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 250
    edited July 16
    Loved the vid. Now please give us Boris FLC. Or even in a Middenland DLC, I'd buy it!
    Post edited by Grotbagg on
  • HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 233
    How many master's degrees were invested into this trash?