Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm so sick of having to deal with Skaven every single time

2»

Comments

  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,837
    What is boring fighting skaven is their BS lord and some units.

    The skryre engineer with huge armor, HP, good in melee and that **** aoe spell ... that spell should be available imo later in the skill tree. It melts everything and is spammable. So annoying.

    The same for the Eshin lors. AP shurikens, very fast, that thing always ends up with a huge number of kills and you cant do **** against him.

    I prefered when early game skaven was full of chaff but like 3 or 4 stacks in once. A real swarm. Now they are full of elite units and uber lords ...
    Team Dawis

    Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    Pr4vda said:

    What is boring fighting skaven is their BS lord and some units.

    The skryre engineer with huge armor, HP, good in melee and that **** aoe spell ... that spell should be available imo later in the skill tree. It melts everything and is spammable. So annoying.

    The same for the Eshin lors. AP shurikens, very fast, that thing always ends up with a huge number of kills and you cant do **** against him.

    I prefered when early game skaven was full of chaff but like 3 or 4 stacks in once. A real swarm. Now they are full of elite units and uber lords ...

    These 2 are the worst., everythign else is managable.

    This dame assassin Lord nearly killed Thorek. Even with Slownessrune and Speed rune i couldn´t catch him.

    And the lightling spell should be eitehr nerft or made avaible much later or more cooldown.
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 92
    Honestly other than Dawi then every faction has a decent counter to Skaven. The reason people don't like them is that they behave both lorefully (everywhere, ambushes annoying tactics) and they use a ton of strategies that the player can use (as mentioned by others earlier). If more of the races worked to their strengths like this then the game would be a lot more interesting (thinking AI Imrik with ALL of the dragons etc.).
  • mberenymbereny Registered Users Posts: 5
    Indirectly dwarfs received great units with the addition of Ogre mercenaries. Just raze a couple settlements (I did it with the coastal objects, as they were too far from my main settlements), and you can have the cavalry option.

    Damn, those bois are juggernauts. I use them exclusively to hunt down Skaven slingers and artillery. I use the Runesmith hero to give them even more speed.

    They (I use 2 units) often kill 500-500 rodents easily in one battle. Also just keep Thorek close to their lords, I had 2 occasions where casters killed themselves because of the damage from their casting. It was hilarious :D

    (You can even have that misssile Rune, it's very useful if not bugged and shooting into the sky)
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,605
    edited July 15
    Skaven are hardly the strongest faction in hands of the AI. High tier unit spam from HE, DE or even... Dwarfs can be harder to deal with. Most dangerous Skaven units are super squishy like weapon teams and require positioning and protection, which AI isn't capable of. A bunch of phoenixes are more dangerous in hands of the AI than a bunch of weapon teams you can easily overrun.

    What Skaven do have is a number of gimmicks most other factions don't like menace below or ambush attack. It's not hard to play around these as long as you actually bother to and take them into account. The only exception is plague, sometimes it's hard to avoid getting hit by it and it can set you back but oh well. They don't spam armies like AI DE or HE though.

    Dwarfs do have a bit harder time vs Skaven as they don't have tools to get into the backline easily, but tbh standard Dwarf ranged + artillery spam demolishes AI Skaven armies with proper target priorities. The only stack that would cause some problems is either a lot of poison wind mortars or a lot of plague claw catapults but AI doesn't spam them and worst case it's pretty easy to bait them to fire at your heroes for 0 effect while your artillery kills them.
  • SpikeeSpikee Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited July 15
    manpersal said:

    I don't get this fuss. Yes skaven can be annoying, just as every race that goes on a steamrolling rampage. Since their stalk stance was nerfed they're half the threat they used to.

    The thing is, they're like having a hive of killer bees in your garden. You can't reason with them, you can't ask or make them move. All you can do is eradicate them.

    A non-aggro pact is pointless, let alone alliances. They just break that.

    So they are just lurking in your backyard, and once you're far enough away, they'll start wrecking the place. This can happen anytime, anywhere.

    Yes, this is VERY lore appropriate and very very annoying.

    If you have them near you, and it's really hard not too, you just have to deal with them. The AI never properly does that. It's not necessarily hard, though arguably late-game it is, but its unavoidable.

    It's not remotely like a Dark Elf or Grimgor super blob (or whoever late game).

    This continuous I have to do this is what bothers me.

    Post edited by Spikee on
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,804
    Spikee said:

    manpersal said:

    I don't get this fuss. Yes skaven can be annoying, just as every race that goes on a steamrolling rampage. Since their stalk stance was nerfed they're half the threat they used to.

    The thing is, they're like having a hive of killer bees in your garden. You can't reason with them, you can't ask or make them move. All you can do is eradicate them.

    A non-aggro pact is pointless, let alone alliances. They just break that.

    So they are just lurking in your backyard, and once you're far enough away, they'll start wrecking the place. This can happen anytime, anywhere.

    Yes, this is VERY lore appropriate and very very annoying.

    If you have them near you, and it's really hard not too, you just have to deal with them. The AI never properly does that. It's not necessarily hard, though arguably late-game it is, but its unavoidable.

    This continuous I have to do this is what bothers me.
    I mean, you don't have to outright erradicate them. Could always just play defense until they quit. Drop their power level and they're the quickest faction in the game to tap out and want peace, cowards that thet are. If you just contain them, whats the worst that could happen...



    I know the AI doesn't do this, but I kind of wish they did. Would be fun to click end turn only to see one of my enemies explode. Or me, it would be funny once.
  • SpikeeSpikee Registered Users Posts: 16
    Helhound said:

    Drop their power level and they're the quickest faction in the game to tap out and want peace, cowards that thet are.

    Until they get strong again and backstab you, it's really just a matter of time. Extermination really is the only proper way.
Sign In or Register to comment.