Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Taurox's starting army is way too strong, please nerf.

Comments

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 11,811
    edited July 2021

Itharus said:

Fingol honestly man you seem to just be running around trolling anyone who enjoys asymmetry in their games lately. In pretty much every thread. Asymmetric forces being one of the hallmarks of WHFB. So basically... you're trolling everyone who doesn't want to play tic-tac-toe (not Tiktaq'to!). It's getting irritating.

My experience as the player in TW Warhammer SP is that there is not a whole deal of asymmetrical play after you get a strong lord and buffs. I know it starts that way but it has always been steamrolly and power creep is what happens as they try to top each dlc. Most people seem to enjoy it.
    Amonkhet said:

Most players like it and a very small few don’t, it’s not rocket science, or a masters degree. 😉
    I see like 3 people consistently be upset BM are not super hard, 4 people half agree and at least 50,000 happy.
    That tells me all I need to know.
    TW may not be the game for the intense grind super hard crowd.

Do you auto-resolve all your battles?
    All the boring ones.
    So, basically 75%+ of Taurox's battles? Which ones didn't instant-rout on charge?

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

The point is most players like it and a very small few don’t, it’s not rocket science, or a masters degree. 😉

Without even entering this debate, this is the worst arguement ever:

-Lots of people don't like vegetables, they must be bad food.

-Lots of people love Fast and furious, then it's quality cinema.

-Lots of people don't like maths, let's not study them.

And the debate here isn't if those campaigns should be easy or hard, it's that they should be easy on E/N/H and hard on VH/L. That's not rocket sience.
    Without addressing all those strawmen,

I will say if the overwhelming majority don’t mind the campaign (out of many tens of thousands of players) and a handful do have an issue, it seems a good argument that they are ok.

DESPITE you thinking they should be harder, the player base does not, as they seem to like a rollicking campaign.

You don’t need masters degree to understand that.
    Talking about strawman, there's a simple truth, you can have easy campaigns, playing on lower difficulties, what is farcical is calling a difficulty legendary and then making it so you don't have to sweat even a bit to win it. They way to make everyone happy is to make every difficulty do what what they're supposed to do.
    Lol, ok.👍
    He's right. Why is Khatep's Legendary campaign so radically different to Sisters of Aerial, Taurox or Oxy's? Why is Skarsnik's so different?

Imagine thinking Warhammer 2 dlcs would get harder and less op?
    Have you been following the game for the last 5 years, Ikit and snitch, cough, cough.

Ikit you need to gather at least the Warp Fuel which takes time; same for the upgrades in his lab. Nuke's are powerful but aren't overwhelmingly so on Legendary...and you still have to pay for your buildings, upgrades, newly captured cities need to grow (even with the food growth mechanic available). Taurox doesn't have those time limits or restrictions and his entire army hits on-charge with the force of a nuke; even on legendary which is already got weak melee.

Snitch you can't get that till late game and you still lose access to your lord for a considerable period of time which is MORE than what we can say for Taurox's campaign which peaks at turn 10 (at least on ME)

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,899
    -
    Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Fingol honestly man you seem to just be running around trolling anyone who enjoys asymmetry in their games lately. In pretty much every thread. Asymmetric forces being one of the hallmarks of WHFB. So basically... you're trolling everyone who doesn't want to play tic-tac-toe (not Tiktaq'to!). It's getting irritating.

My experience as the player in TW Warhammer SP is that there is not a whole deal of asymmetrical play after you get a strong lord and buffs. I know it starts that way but it has always been steamrolly and power creep is what happens as they try to top each dlc. Most people seem to enjoy it.
    Amonkhet said:

Most players like it and a very small few don’t, it’s not rocket science, or a masters degree. 😉
    I see like 3 people consistently be upset BM are not super hard, 4 people half agree and at least 50,000 happy.

All the boring ones.
    So, basically 75%+ of Taurox's battles? Which ones didn't instant-rout on charge?

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

The point is most players like it and a very small few don’t, it’s not rocket science, or a masters degree. 😉

And the debate here isn't if those campaigns should be easy or hard, it's that they should be easy on E/N/H and hard on VH/L. That's not rocket sience.

I will say if the overwhelming majority don’t mind the campaign (out of many tens of thousands of players) and a handful do have an issue, it seems a good argument that they are ok.

DESPITE you thinking they should be harder, the player base does not, as they seem to like a rollicking campaign.

Talking about strawman, there's a simple truth, you can have easy campaigns, playing on lower difficulties, what is farcical is calling a difficulty legendary and then making it so you don't have to sweat even a bit to win it. They way to make everyone happy is to make every difficulty do what what they're supposed to do.
    Lol, ok.👍
    He's right. Why is Khatep's Legendary campaign so radically different to Sisters of Aerial, Taurox or Oxy's? Why is Skarsnik's so different?
    Sometimes I like to wipe out non goats with prejudice. So no about 50%.

Also the older the campaign, often the ‘harder’. Dlc power creep is the wh story, due to players wanting it. Ikit or snitch or vampire coast tell the story to today.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 11,811

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

Also the older the campaign, often the ‘harder’. Dlc power creep is the wh story, due to players wanting it. Ikit or snitch or vampire coast tell the story to today.
    Ikit or Snitch or Coast you still had to fight battles on field that lasted more than five minutes.

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

Ikit or Snitch or Coast you still had to fight battles on field that lasted more than five minutes.
    No, there are nukes, the instant win button and guns that finish the battle before anh enemy attacks.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,691

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

No, there are nukes, the instant win button and guns that finish the battle before anh enemy attacks.
    Snikch - you can't win the game by pressing plunge into anarchy
    Ikit - You can't have nukes every battle
    Coast - Yep.. they're a firearm based faction

There's no such thing as an iwin button until we see a button that allows an immediate campaign victory. It's people complaining about difficulty making lazy references.

We have had people on the forum asking for advice on the Skaven campaigns be it Ikit or Snikch.
    edited July 2021

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

There's no such thing as an iwin button until we see a button that allows an immediate campaign victory. It's people complaining about difficulty making lazy references.

We have had people on the forum asking for advice on the Skaven campaigns be it Ikit or Snikch.
    If there is 1 super empire and you use plunge then there is no enemy left, but yeah it was reclaiming the pejorative nickname.
    You can use nukes every battle ...almost. But again it was an example of previous ‘op’ mechanics and campaigns.
    Coast can make an enemy army flee before they are halfway to your lines, so another example of the power creep that got us here.
    People have asked advice on Beastmen too since release.
    I’m arguing people should not be surprised Beastmen are powerful to play.
    I like it and each dlc gets stronger cause people like it.
    Are we talking cross purposes?

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

If there is 1 super empire and you use plunge then there is no enemy left, but yeah it was reclaiming the pejorative nickname.
    You can use nukes every battle ...almost. But again it was an example of previous ‘op’ mechanics and campaigns.
    Coast can make an enemy army flee before they are halfway to your lines, so another example of the power creep that got us here.
    Yes, people who are new to BM or the game will need help with BM, just like other races.

However, it would not be unreasonable to ask for a challenging faction within a race. Tretch and Queek would fall into that subsection compared to the DLC lords.

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

Yes, people who are new to BM or the game will need help with BM, just like other races.

However, it would not be unreasonable to ask for a challenging faction within a race. Tretch and Queek would fall into that subsection compared to the DLC lords.
    Weapons teams and artillery ensure skaven are all op campaigns.
    But to some kazarak is a challenging faction in Beastmen.
    Still it’s not an unreasonable request, but one that’s not realistic, due to dlc power creep.

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

Still it’s not an unreasonable request, but one that’s not realistic, due to dlc power creep.
    OP for a seasoned Skaven player but no, not for your average player. Took LoTW ages to appreciate their OP-ness, so the same is obviously true for lesser players.
    edited July 2021

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

OP for a seasoned Skaven player but no, not for your average player. Took LoTW ages to appreciate their OP-ness, so the same is obviously true for lesser players.
    Like the Beastmen,
    agreed.

Edit - What’s a lotw
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,612
    Blaced said:

I think the problem is every units recruit in one turn without any cost, so beastmen can recover from any lose in one turn, raze settlement, camp and recruit, raze another one in second turn

Beastmen should be like Guerrilla warfare, ambush, sack, then go back to camp and replenish

I suggest high tier units, like Ghorgon, should recruit more than one turn

That's how they USED to play. Very cat and mouse ambush focused race. Now the ambush trait is just salt on the wound.

The unit recruit times should be restored. Generally you need access to a special thing like ROR, Blessed Spawnings, Waaagh! Units (which you earn btw), and so on to get access to instant recruit troops. Even Vampire Counts have to earn it by first having mass-casualty battles somewhere, and its in certain locations only.

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

You can eliminate your only valid rivals with 1 click. All that's left is mop up.
    You CAN have nukes just about every battle, and some Skaven actually have a smaller nuke just as a unit ability. And both trivialize battles.
    Gunlines are a thing, sure, but they are not supposed to be too imbalanced. Although IMO VCoast isn't unbeatable, just a pain in the ass and not fun to fight at all. Not hard, just annoying. You have to specifically recruit to beat their line ups and its always grindy and obnoxious and there's no real joy to fighting them at all because it's the same every gd time and it always takes a while because of how grindy.
    Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

You can eliminate your only valid rivals with 1 click. All that's left is mop up.
    You CAN have nukes just about every battle, and some Skaven actually have a smaller nuke just as a unit ability. And both trivialize battles.
    Gunlines are a thing, sure, but they are not supposed to be too imbalanced. Although IMO VCoast isn't unbeatable, just a pain in the ass and not fun to fight at all. Not hard, just annoying. You have to specifically recruit to beat their line ups and its always grindy and obnoxious and there's no real joy to fighting them at all because it's the same every gd time and it always takes a while because of how grindy.
    So, let be get this straight.. you're happy to wait x amount multiplied by 100 turns to kill your most relevant enemies?

Genius. Get a grip of yourself pal.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

So, let be get this straight.. you're happy to wait x amount multiplied by 100 turns to kill your most relevant enemies?

To be fair you can do it by turn 50 and there is another rite that instantly restores snitch.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

To be fair you can do it by turn 50 and there is another rite that instantly restores snitch.
    Right and then you have to wait another 100 turns.. by which time, if you are as good as you think you are.. you've already won the game. If it was as an 'iwin' button I think the Skaven game completion would've shot up - it didn't.

All these experts on legendary yet the legendary completion rate is small across the board.. I smell BS.
  • whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

Right and then you have to wait another 100 turns.. by which time, if you are as good as you think you are.. you've already won the game. If it was as an 'iwin' button I think the Skaven game completion would've shot up - it didn't.

All these experts on legendary yet the legendary completion rate is small across the board.. I smell BS.
    i never completed tw campaign in my life. once it gets too ez i start new one.

i don't find that surprising.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

Dude, I hate legendary.
    I’m just saying Beastmen are fun and powerful, just like lots of recent dlcs.

Itharus said:

There are a few who just run around and troll anyone who doesn’t believe the game is too easy. Spamming threads with insults at new players, players who aren’t hardcore or those that like the game as is.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

Dude, I hate legendary.
    Yes, and I'm saying the idea of an 'iwin' button is BS.
    edited July 2021

Itharus said:

There are a few who just run around and troll anyone who doesn’t believe the game is too easy. Spamming threads with insults at new players, players who aren’t hardcore or those that like the game as is.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

Dude, I hate legendary.
    Yes, and I'm saying the idea of an 'iwin' button is BS.
    Fair enough. It’s just a quick way to describe it by haters and I take the term back to reclaim it for us normies.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

So, an 'iwin' button is introduced that means if you press it you win and it doesn't affect Skaven win %s? Ok.

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

-

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

All the boring ones.

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

Lol, ok.👍

BS.

So, an 'iwin' button is introduced that means if you press it you win and it doesn't affect Skaven win %s? Ok.
    sorry didn't read right. i agree saying it's iwin button is too much

and this is one of rare ocassions where i think it's perfectly fine not to use it if you think it's too much. however with bm it's impossible to apply any house rules because everything is beyond broken.
  • KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 312
    He starts with a unit of Minos a Ghorgon and Harpies. The only units you can readily recruit are total chaff. That's what you call "easy"?
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Out of curiosity, what starting units would you all agree would work best for Taurox on Vortex or Mortal Empires.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Registered Users Posts: 225
    I've never played beastmen or legendary before but gave both a run with Taurox.

I'm just 13 turns in but already;
    Taurox is level 25.
    He is on to his third rampage.
    I just erected my third herdstone (in Naggaroth).
    I have three full stack armies.
    I have access to giants, manticores and other t3 units and am not far from t4.
    Meanwhile the sisters are dead and Malekith and Morathi are not far from it, both having lost their capitals and being reduced to a couple of minor settlements. At this rate Lokhir is going to be the last Dark elf standing.

It should not be that easy for someone who is an average player who has never tried legendary or beastmen before
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Crosswire said:

Taurox is level 25.
    Meanwhile the sisters are dead and Malekith and Morathi are not far from it, both having lost their capitals and being reduced to a couple of minor settlements. At this rate Lokhir is going to be the last Dark elf standing.

It should not be that easy for someone who is an average player who has never tried legendary or beastmen before

What was the main factor, momentum or starting units? You clearly did better than I did.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.

He starts with a unit of Minos a Ghorgon and Harpies. The only units you can readily recruit are total chaff. That's what you call "easy"?

A Ghorgon, Taurox, Harpies, Minotaur, and a Bray Shaman isn't easy. It's impossibly easy. That combo will shred entire stacks of t1/2 stuff without any chaff backing it up.

because ai at turn 1 doesn't have chaff units....
    Lucifer said:

Crosswire said:

Taurox is level 25.

What was the main factor, momentum or starting units? You clearly did better than I did.
    and that was my experience exactly. i told you the reason you didn't find campaign so easy is you are playing wrong.
  • NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 520

because ai at turn 1 doesn't have chaff units....
    I have no idea why they decided that his starting enemy should start without any army at all. This might be the only lord in the game where that happens. He's not the only one who starts with a settlement battle as his first, but all the others still have armies, just not in the settlement you start next to.

Give his starting enemy an army of around 10 units and plop them in the next settlement over. Just.. something.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Registered Users Posts: 225
    Lucifer said:

Crosswire said:

Taurox is level 25.

Bit of both really. Being able to take 4 or 5 movement action in a turn a couple of times put you way ahead of where you would be normally. Allowed me to take out the Sisters capitol and then dart down and take Morathi's capital in just one turn.

And the starting units helped as well. I actually came to appreciate the minotaurs and harpies more than the gorgon to be honest. One of the first battles saw me rack up 233 kills with the minotaurs for the loss of only 1 or 2 of the minotaurs and the harpies were great for shutting down archers. I'm used to flyers being ripped apart by missile fire and not be effective, but they were.

Of course they really dont compare to the killing machine that is Taurox. He is just obscene.

And the chaff isn't exactly skaven level bad either. It is quite effective and even better you just don't care if they take losses anyway. Throw them into the meatgrinder while the archers support them and then hit the tied up enemy with spells and the big boys. So what if the gors and ungors die. You can replace them immediatly for no cost anyway.