Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dissapointing horrors

MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 914
Although it wasn't unexpected, I am dissapointed that they stuck with the most recent GW horror model for the in game design shown by the herald, it kinda just looks like a fat plucked bird.

The previous designs were much more interesting, more eldritch and genuinely horrifying, and they embodied the concept of a daemon of change much better, and less just the bird theme.

I was hoping that CA would have been able to show more creative freedom with this unit, like how fan artists have with this unit.

Comments

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Chicken horrors =(
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,206
    I just assumed that was the Herald of Tzeentch, so the lord/hero option (depending on what they do with it) with a unique look. I'm still assuming the actual units will look like they should.
  • chaosdwarfchaosdwarf Registered Users Posts: 87
    I miss old horrors too. Let's hope it's just Herald looking like that and the standard Horrors will be old schoolish.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    Basic horrors are supposedly really low on the hierarchy, and really less independant than other corresponding daemons. The look of the herald is a bit goofy but having them halfway toward the relatively stable form a lord of Change is kinda on point. for a creature that has rose above its station. (I suppose mini limitations were the big reasons for LoC not being too eldritch to begin with)
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,844
    It's the Herald of Tzeentch so it might be different to the Horrors although probably unlikely.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,031
    Now I don't disagree with you but I'm not sure that CA had much choice, after all GW has to approve all content that end up in the game. And I fairly sure that GW wants there to be a connection between the TW models and the plastic crack they sell in their stores.
    KN_Gars said:

Now I don't disagree with you but I'm not sure that CA had much choice, after all GW has to approve all content that end up in the game. And I fairly sure that GW wants there to be a connection between the TW models and the plastic crack they sell in their stores.

I don't think it was really enforced by GW though as they already showed some WH3 models that weren't the most recent ones like the Khorne Hounds or the Chaos Furies.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,678
    The regular one will most likely have variants.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045
    That is just the Herald, which is based on this model.

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 825
    edited July 19
    That art plus the soulgrinder art gives me the impression bird beaks will be tzeentch's equivalent of Kislev's bears...
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,334
    It was to be expected that they use the current range. Maybe modders migth change visuals back to 4-6th edition stuff later *shrug*.

What rather makes me blink twice with the Herald concept is that he looks a bit tubby.

-----Red Dox
  • HemlockCupHemlockCup Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited July 19
    The more modern horrors are, like many of GW’s more recent minis, based on their “classic” look from the earlier editions, some of which had beaks. They may look less “eldritch” but the current horrors are really more like the original design.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    The old minis was indeed way superior, but it seems CA are committed to use the 8th edition version for the lesser daemons, which is understandable (I'm still not sure how they managed to convince GW to use the old Flesh Hounds tho, unless they were still in use at the beginning of 8th Ed which would makes it a smart loophole)
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,758
    edited July 19
    CA's artwork looks like Squigs with longer feet.and arms
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,549
    The Herald of Tzeentch might be the only one with the Beak.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,720
    I think its the hearald version is supposed to be more beaky.

But they look WAAAYYY to chubby and fat like reddox potined out need to more muscular and agressive look,Show more horrific teeth,tone down the fat and bird like features a bit and make them bit more ornate.

• Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,280
    Worth pointing out the concept art is probably of a change caster, hence the staff and book.
    edited July 19
    CA's artwork is fat. I really remember Squigs. Hehehehe.

Let's see how will they look like in actual 3D.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,334
    Rob18446 said:

Worth pointing out the concept art is probably of a change caster, hence the staff and book.

The Heralds I showcased above were already coming with some variation. So if you want a staff and a book instead of a dagger, here you go.

------Red Dox
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    I don't mind chubby heralds, they'll be primarily spellcasters. Depending of their voices/mannerisms they could be almost cute.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    this is like picking between a great looking unit and a pretty great looking unit. the fat plucked chicken is so goofy and fun so while it's not as good I wouldn't lament it.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
    edited July 19
    I love what Red_Dox has shown.

CA's artwork don't look like Demons, they are cute though ..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 19
    There are book and staff at concept art so this one looks probable. Wonder if they will change on release.

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Do you think he will get different animation from Throt? He should be as he is from different game though...

• Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    they can reuse the coatl face xD
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,581
    Why does the Herald look so bloated?
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,195
    Maelas said:

The old minis was indeed way superior, but it seems CA are committed to use the 8th edition version for the lesser daemons, which is understandable (I'm still not sure how they managed to convince GW to use the old Flesh Hounds tho, unless they were still in use at the beginning of 8th Ed which would makes it a smart loophole)

That would be it I guess. The new/current hounds are post AoS.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• panda_express12panda_express12 Member Registered Users Posts: 323
    Just remember that CA has little control over this because GW has to approve of pretty much anything that they add to this game.
    Rig
    CPU: i7 9700kf 4.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz

Just remember that CA has little control over this because GW has to approve of pretty much anything that they add to this game.

CA literally said they have some freedom in the designs of the model in their last Q&A.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• SillybillySillybilly Registered Users Posts: 174
    Hahahaha are you serious? He looks like a little chicken nugget.