Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

can you get spotted in hidden encamp?

whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
how does this exactly work when playing bm?

because it seems you are completely invisible. i raze settlement with taurox and then go encamp. next turn enemy recolonises and i just attack them on 50% hp.

seems broken af among other things.

Comments

• zagumaarzagumaar Registered Users Posts: 83
    Yup same here that's why the bonus movement after razing is so op
  • whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
    zagumaar said:

Yup same here that's why the bonus movement after razing is so op

i don't understand why they thought it was necessary to give them extra movement. bm are truly tutorial faction, the more i play them the more i see how truly invincible they are.
  • zagumaarzagumaar Registered Users Posts: 83

i don't understand why they thought it was necessary to give them extra movement. bm are truly tutorial faction, the more i play them the more i see how truly invincible they are.

Yes it should be dangerous to raze a settlment but with this feature it's actually too safe and this make the campaign a bit meaningless
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 868
    edited July 2021
    Hidden encampment functions like ambush stance, in this regard. So yes, you can be seen.

To be fair, this strat is little more then a generic ambush. I oft leave ruins nearby to pick off a weakened enemy after they settle it. You’re basically just hiding nearby then attacking, every team can do this.

Yes it’s one more element that makes them strong, and they are definitely insanely too strong, but I don’t think this is really the issue.

This dlc is brutal for balance. Either ca wanted them simple as apple pie to help retain less experienced players or they just didn’t play test this at all. The mechanics are cool, the units are cool, but the way they fit together is just a total joke.

It’s funny, every time people complain about something being imperfect, the white knights rush in to defend how flawless and polished this game is, as if to say there’s no room for critiques or constructive criticism . They must be getting a different version of the game then the rest of us.

Reminds me of nakai. Cool mechanics, cool units, cool ll, play experience is just terrible due to total lack of balancing and play testing.
    Chora said:

Hidden encampment functions like ambush stance, in this regard. So yes, you can be seen.

To be fair, this strat is little more then a generic ambush. I oft leave ruins nearby to pick off a weakened enemy after they settle it. You’re basically just hiding nearby then attacking, every team can do this.

Yes it’s one more element that makes them strong, and they are definitely insanely too strong, but I don’t think this is really the issue.

This dlc is brutal for balance. Either ca wanted them simple as apple pie to help retain less experienced players or they just didn’t play test this at all. The mechanics are cool, the units are cool, but the way they fit together is just a total joke.

It’s funny, every time people complain about something being imperfect, the white knights rush in to defend how flawless and polished this game is, as if to say there’s no room for critiques or constructive criticism . They must be getting a different version of the game then the rest of us.

Reminds me of nakai. Cool mechanics, cool units, cool ll, play experience is just terrible due to total lack of balancing and play testing.

i had much more fun with nakai. nothing special but at least there was some weight to decision making.

and this makes them unbeliveably strong. think about it, you can basically move from turn 1 to the end of the game without ever being visable to the enemy. and you can still raze settlements. completely bonkers.
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 868
    edited July 2021

Chora said:

i had much more fun with nakai. nothing special but at least there was some weight to decision making.

and this makes them unbeliveably strong. think about it, you can basically move from turn 1 to the end of the game without ever being visable to the enemy. and you can still raze settlements. completely bonkers.
    For sure, they had different issues. BM are just so over the top OP, you really have to try too lose. With nakai it was about lack of gold, dysfunctional ai ally and just the overall pacing of the campaign being slow and monotonous.

Two opposite ends of the spectrum but similar make up on that any one piece that was added is great, it’s just the pacing of the game becomes a snore fest based on how those pieces work together. Almost as if they made the mechanics and put them in, then either didn’t actually play the campaign or by the time did it was too LTE to make changes
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    yeah they are way too easy.

No consequences for loosing a herdstone after the ritual
    No vulnerability after razing, can replenish and hide 24/7.
    Very strong garrisons because its so cheap to upgrade herdstone levels.
    Too many recruitment slots
    High mobility and strong army stances, hide+replenish+ambush+recruit+build, move+attack+ambush, beastpath/bypass terrains.

Etc...they are OP at everything campaign wise, worst then Skavens no less lol.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

yeah they are way too easy.

No consequences for loosing a herdstone after the ritual
    No vulnerability after razing, can replenish and hide 24/7.
    Very strong garrisons because its so cheap to upgrade herdstone levels.
    Too many recruitment slots
    High mobility and strong army stances, hide+replenish+ambush+recruit+build, move+attack+ambush, beastpath/bypass terrains.

Etc...they are OP at everything campaign wise, worst then Skavens no less lol.

i'm gonna try to mod that hidden encamp **** out. idk how to mod but with all the **** mods on workshop it can't be too hard.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    You can get spotted. Happend to me many times in my campaign.
    Ferestor said:

i don't think you can. i was standing in the open next to the razed settlement with low ambush chance many times and every time enemy went for settlement rather than attacking me.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,207

Ferestor said:

i don't think you can. i was standing in the open next to the razed settlement with low ambush chance many times and every time enemy went for settlement rather than attacking me.
    You can be spotted, you just need to be unlucky.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313

Ferestor said:

It has literally happend to me. I was discovered. The chances are low but it can happen.
  • MalcolmMalcolm Registered Users Posts: 236
    I think enemy heroes greatly increase the chance of spotting you. If the enemy starts sending heroes to scout, then it is safe to they they are likely find and attack you.
    Team Empire - For Sigmar!
    Team Bretonnia - For the Lady!
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 950

Ferestor said:

That's because spotting chance and ambush stance are completely unrelated stats.

Spotting chance is rolled when enemy is close to you at the begining of their turn, it can not be increased by any means but Oxyotl's unique skill (correct me if there is any other spotting related skill in the game)

If enemy did not reveal you at begining of their turn by spotting you being too close, they can not do it at all.

Ambush chance is only affecting odds of rolling ambush battle or "ambush failed. do you want normal battle?" message.

So yeah, usually when you raze settlement you kill any nearby armies, so nobody near can spot you, and spotting just can't happen mid-turn.

That's why Ambush Stance is such a powerful tool, it makes AI impotent.
    edited July 2021
    it's too strong, it needs to be removed asap. ir at least movement after razing has to be completely removed.

does anyone know how that can be modded?
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 950
    edited July 2021

it's too strong, it needs to be removed asap. ir at least movement after razing has to be completely removed.

Nah, movement after razing is fun. I mean, Amazons in Troy are amazing experience and that's where many of current BM mechanics were borrowed from.

It would be better to make AI being wary of recolonising just razed settlement instead of rushing to their deaths.

It was not a problem in Total War Warhammer I, in second installment CA made AI just too hell-bent on recolonising.
    Bereaver said:

Nah, movement after razing is fun. I mean, Amazons in Troy are amazing experience and that's where many of current BM mechanics were borrowed from.

It would be better to make AI being wary of recolonising just razed settlement instead of rushing to their deaths.

It was not a problem in Total War Warhammer I, in second installment CA made AI just too hell-bent on recolonising.
    yeah but that is not gonna happen. we hqve to fix what we can. either hidden encamp or movemebt has to go.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,207

Bereaver said:

yeah but that is not gonna happen. we hqve to fix what we can. either hidden encamp or movemebt has to go.
    Nah they are fine.
    But you mod it for you if that’s your thing.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!