Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Claiming Gaean Vale without attacking Avelorn

SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 570
I just bought the Twisted and the Twilight DLC after some months of waiting. I didn't really pay attention to people talking about the Sister's campaign or the general Wood Elves changes much.

My only question is, can you take Gaean Vale in some kind of special event that randomly spawns or is there some for of special confederation option with Alarielle? Or do I need to attack Avelorn to get it?

Just wondering as I'm something like 30 turns in on Vortex and have managed to get the other two forests but was hesitating to declare war on Avelorn if it wans't necessary.
Tagged:

Comments

• LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 859
    Wait for chaos to raze and take it.
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    Wait until she is confederated by Tyrion and than attack Lothern instead. :wink:

Is there a reason why you don't want to attack her? Mothgirl doesn't care where the wood grows, just take it agressivly. There was an event for WE forest in Lustria but I don't remember if there was one for the Ulthuan forest I just took it by force.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 908
    There is a special event in campaign where Chaos faction destroys Gaean Vale and you're given quest to destroy it, after that you're given an option to keep Gaean Vale for yourself.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 570
    Bereaver said:

There is a special event in campaign where Chaos faction destroys Gaean Vale and you're given quest to destroy it, after that you're given an option to keep Gaean Vale for yourself.

Thanks!
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 481
    Gaean Vale is unique in that alongside being a WE tree, it’s still a normal region with two smaller towns.

The chaos event mentioned above will likely get you the vale itself, but Alarielle will still hold the two minor settlements.

I only mention this because if you want a full region, you’ll likely need to attack her anyway. Though you could get by with just the tree no problem.
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 568
    Chora said:

Gaean Vale is unique in that alongside being a WE tree, it’s still a normal region with two smaller towns.

The chaos event mentioned above will likely get you the vale itself, but Alarielle will still hold the two minor settlements.

I only mention this because if you want a full region, you’ll likely need to attack her anyway. Though you could get by with just the tree no problem.

Wood Elves don't care about full regions.

Chora said:

I like the regional buffs and the completionist in me cares, I don’t worry too much about what the elves themselves want
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,774
    Chora said:

Chora said:

I like the regional buffs and the completionist in me cares, I don’t worry too much about what the elves themselves want
    Wood elves don’t have regional buffs…

In any case, after losing Gaen Vale, Alarielle usually does or is confederated
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

lucibuis said:

Chora said:

Chora said:

Wood elves don’t have regional buffs…

In any case, after losing Gaen Vale, Alarielle usually does or is confederated
    Ah I use an overhaul mod, that must be one of the changes.