Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

90% of quick battle players are dwarves or lizards

Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 631
Is anyone else having this experience as well? Kind of tiresome playing the same factions over and over again, especially the dwarves where you literally can sit there and do nothing and still be competitive because all your units are underpriced. I haven't even faced someone playing as beastmen who has used either of the two monsters yet.

Idk what the point of this rant is but it is lame seeing the dwarves picked so damn often. Every game is the exactly the same and I just hate the dwarves now.

Comments

• hanenhanen Registered Users Posts: 659
    I've faced most factions since the DLC dropped so we seem to have a different experience. BM and LM are slightly ahead of the rest but its a good spread so far.

Are you playing different factions or are you only playing one that BM and Dawi are good options vs?
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 631
    hanen said:

I've faced most factions since the DLC dropped so we seem to have a different experience. BM and LM are slightly ahead of the rest but its a good spread so far.

Are you playing different factions or are you only playing one that BM and Dawi are good options vs?

I play all different factions: empire, DE, LZ, BM, Bret, all the undead, Norscs... why do so many people play as the dwarves?
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,304
    well obviously bm lz and dwarfs just got new units, of course everyone is playing them.

have you asked people politely if they would try something else? i think i played you the other night and would have been happy to switch it up.
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 839
    Damn I'd kill to play some Dwarfs. I'm getting a split of about 50% Beastmen, 25% Lizardmen, 15% direct counterpicks to whatever I'm playing, and then 10% all the rest of the factions.
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,630

Damn I'd kill to play some Dwarfs. I'm getting a split of about 50% Beastmen, 25% Lizardmen, 15% direct counterpicks to whatever I'm playing, and then 10% all the rest of the factions.

This is approximately my experience as well.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 631
    eumaies said:

well obviously bm lz and dwarfs just got new units, of course everyone is playing them.

have you asked people politely if they would try something else? i think i played you the other night and would have been happy to switch it up.

We did actually and I get that people are playing with them because of DLC. I'm just venting I guess. Many ppl don't respond to chat.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 933
    edited July 24
    I'm playing against a disproportionate amount of Dwarfs, who are being picked in bad Dwarf matchups and who aren't really trying out the new content.

I think dwarfs and lizards are "safe" feeling factions for new or less confident players. Dwarfs are perfect for box tactics while lizards have expensive single entities that you can build a low-micro army around. Or you can just kite with chameleon skinks.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,369
    Gotta spam the top races and DLC factions its always been the case, beastmen people are just abusign the Chariots and dwarfs and lzm i feel people are trying to get the feel a bit more due to new stuff but they are very strong now so it feels hard fighting them, i definitely played more of my games vs those 3, but other factions are common also
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 620
    I kinda stopped playing QB I mainly played WE,GS and dwarves but often times picked BM,Norsca or Chaos as I enjoy infantry rush builds. I don’t know I hit rank 250 and kinda decided that was good enough. I got screenshot somewhere not that it means much.
  • 3lfu3g03lfu3g0 Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited July 25
    it depends which faction you picking at the start, if you lizards, other player may pick tomb kings etc., try picking different faction at the start
    I agree with dwarves being a noob race despite playing them myself mostly I just kept learning them because even afterwards you realize they are a strong counterpick vs certain factions.

I really wanted to start playing ladder again cause I was hoping BM would be more fun but with current balance issues game feels unplayable for BM at least while being fair.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,914
    Mind that also Dwarfs were given free with the latest FLC. I literally don't see them any more than before in tournaments.
    edited August 5
    I honestly mostly started playing dwarves do to game 1 it was one 1st races that good basically vanguard all they’re units. I still remember being called a crazy Dawi 1st time I tried it in QB. It’s a far less viable strategy now.

WE I adopted after watching a Lotus(Bretonnia) and Felkon(WE).
    Also I guess Xiphos but that kinda happened after.
    Post edited by BovineKing on
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,624
    I feel like the BM are picked the most at the moment. I rarely fight dwarfs and never fight LM( that one is odd tough idk why, probably because I often play them)

• ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 271
    Try Multiplayer Battles, team battles (2v2, 3v3, and evening 4v4!) You generally get a good mix of races/armies, plus you get the added fun of playing teams. And it’s not ladder; no ranking so there’s less ego silliness. Its all about the fun. Oh and then there’s the Free-For-Alls. They get a good fun mix of armies too, and they’re super fun. So yeah, take a break from QB and try Multiplayer battles. It’s the funnest.
    Multiplayer as long been way more fun for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file