Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would you pay for an animations pack DLC?

2»

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,385
    Sephlock said:

Not only because it'd be cool, but also because the animators gave us Dinosaur vs Dragon out of pure love, and they deserve to be paid.

Aren't they getting payed yet? Like Valkaar said, people are tempting CA to downgrade their games and people would like to pay for high quality standard game.

• Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 183
    The life cycle of game 2 is coming to an end. Once game 3 gets released which will be in a couple months and they open up the mortal empires in that game, hardly anyone will still be playing game 2. When was the last time you loaded up game 1? So I would not pay for any additional animations or anything. Other than maybe a few hot fixes and maybe a patch for a few "actual" bugs we will not be getting any thing else for game 2.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    jamreal18 said:

Sephlock said:

Not only because it'd be cool, but also because the animators gave us Dinosaur vs Dragon out of pure love, and they deserve to be paid.

Aren't they getting payed yet? Like Valkaar said, people are tempting CA to downgrade their games and people would like to pay for high quality standard game.

That's a fair point. I was hoping for what we have, but more so.

But there are scowling men in suits who would see this as an opportunity to squeeze more money out of us by taking this stuff out in the first place.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,093
    edited July 22
    No, I wouldn't.

As long as the game works and I can play it, I don't really care if some animations look funny or they skip reload animations. It's a game, and some funky looking animations are kind of inevitable with so many different types of units, unless they made animations for every single unit for every single possible situation (part of the problem with monster sync animations; we have how many monsters in the game now? at least 30? That's ~870 sync animations minimum, just if they want to give each monster 1 "winning" sync animation with every other monster). Which obviously would be an insane amount of work and not worth the dev time.

Animations are also a lot of work for the devs, and I'd prefer they spend that time adding content or improving gameplay mechanics.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    No way.
    Don’t care about animations, spend it on the gameplay and interesting stuff like content.
    Sephlock said:

jamreal18 said:

Sephlock said:

That's a fair point. I was hoping for what we have, but more so.

But there are scowling men in suits who would see this as an opportunity to squeeze more money out of us by taking this stuff out in the first place.
    Yes, they are willing to pay for low quality and pay more for high quality animation. We must get AAA game from CA once we paid them. They must only produce high quality game from the start.

No way.
    Don’t care about animations, spend it on the gameplay and interesting stuff like content.

I understand you don't care about animation but it is important for many including me. I want it to be nice as it is part of the game package.

edited July 22
    Double post
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    endikux said:

Yes.

I want the game to be better. The first step in making the game better is to admit the reality that these issues exist.

Tehenhauin holding his plaque in such a stupid way should also be addressed.

I wanna see Tehen bash someone across the face with the tablet.
  • panda_express12panda_express12 Member Registered Users Posts: 320
    No.
    Rig
    CPU: i7 9700kf 4.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 623
    After all the content gets added and they keep making dlc at the current quality level then, yes, id pay for a sync kill animation pack
    edited July 22

After all the "CONTENT GETS ADDED" and they keep making dlc at the current quality level then, yes, id pay for a sync kill animation pack

So animations are not included there?

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 313
    Do you really need to BUY something like that? That's called SCAM in the dictionary. Such improvements in the game should be free of any charge. As if they need a lot of resources to make such minor changes. No thanks! The next thing in the line will be BUY A DLC so that you can play multiplayer. Just wow! Don't focus on major bugs in the game! Give us meaningless DLC instead!
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Nope, animations are good enough already, see no reason to polish them and even less reason to add more pointless sync kill animations. Devs should focus on different things.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • MikhaelHMikhaelH Member Registered Users Posts: 220

A DLC which gives small QoL animations like for Handgunners reloading or Coatl slithering on the floor? Sync animation between SEM's and infantry/cavalry/other SMEs? Maybe more synch animations between characters which have lore rivalry?

Give swordsmasters animations that reflect their lore, not just great weapon animations!
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,202
    Nope. I don't care much for animations to start with and if CA did develop more varied ones, they should just patch them in.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,626
    First lets get unique animations for khorne warriors and rest of the reused roster.Then we can talk if we need any more animations.

and this post sends a wrong message,we have to pay for even minuate things ,when these things should be expected and heck even above and beyond for a great CA game.

• Jedidias1Jedidias1 Registered Users Posts: 231
    edited July 22

A DLC which gives small QoL animations like for Handgunners reloading or Coatl slithering on the floor? Sync animation between SEM's and infantry/cavalry/other SMEs? Maybe more synch animations between characters which have lore rivalry?

Yes! For Sure! I would also add banners!

CA staff here in the forum hope you see this and tell the development team!
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 996

and this post sends a wrong message,we have to pay for even minuate things ,when these things should be expected and heck even above and beyond for a great CA game.

No it doesn't. TW:WH is the most complete and feature laden video game adaption of anything related to any of the Warhammer franchises. The reason why is money. You want more quantity or more detail, you need more money, because it takes more work. The more specific you get, the fewer people you get that will be willing to chip in the money.

Just saying, I spent money so anything I want should be expected comes across very juvenile. This game already has more animation work than all the other TW games combined.