Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mods for tons of unique characters 290+

TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 803
edited June 2021 in Community Mods
For anyone interested in having more unique portraits including 3D portraits here are the best mods that I could find for this.

You will need to subscribe to all the mods and order them as follows:

I have been testing this out for some time now, and while most character 2D and 3D models look good, there are a few here and there with broken portraits that have missing 3D bodies. I am going to try to make a list and let the moders know.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 803
    edited June 2021
    Revision the following setup seems to be working better with the MTU compatibility mod and solves the problem of the 3D skins glitching out and missing. Here is my current configuration:

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,462
    edited June 2021
    using "Total Unique Pack" adds even more. Its currently outdated though.

link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2289507916&searchtext=TUP
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,801
    My problem is I like having my own ceo edits. Back then I used the MTU illustration only mod but I think it was discontinued by the team. I don't know if someone else took over the idea ?

:(

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • E_L_2E_L_2 Registered Users Posts: 173
    Rewan said:

My problem is I like having my own ceo edits. Back then I used the MTU illustration only mod but I think it was discontinued by the team. I don't know if someone else took over the idea ?

Hopefully MTU will make it again, considering the situation moving forward.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,707
    Rewan said:

Like is that even legal for someone to make their illustration only mod? It's their work, so taking it for what it is without adding anything is just straight out using their work without changing anything, even if you credit MTU.

Rewan said:

Like is that even legal for someone to make their illustration only mod? It's their work, so taking it for what it is without adding anything is just straight out using their work without changing anything, even if you credit MTU.
    Its fair game unless MTU or other mods have a patent, which I doubt they do. Plus it can take a very very long time to register a patent under most jurisdictions.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,801
    edited June 2021
    AFAIK as long as they don't profit then it's not illegal - really REALLY frowned upon sure tho : which is why I'd rather have MTU make it themselves. Ngl. But in any case most people in the modding scene aren't animals, they would ask for permission first. (And usually if you don't get the permission you don't do stuff, unless the guy doesn't respond and then it kinda falls into a gray moral area)

And in any case if it happens and MTU is not okay with it they can just Cease & Desist through Steam I believe.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,462
    edited June 2021

Rewan said:

Its fair game unless MTU or other mods have a patent, which I doubt they do. Plus it can take a very very long time to register a patent under most jurisdictions.
    Common courtesy and human decency is also a thing.

I think this falls under intellectual property too.

Either way, imagine the **** state modding would be in if people did whatever they wanted to. It'd get shut down and we wouldnt have mods anymore.

Laindesh said:

Rewan said:

Common courtesy and human decency is also a thing.

I think this falls under intellectual property too.

Either way, imagine the **** state modding would be in if people did whatever they wanted to. It'd get shut down and we wouldnt have mods anymore.

For something to be recognized as intellectual property "legally" it needs a patent or copyright. (Many game companies after the Blizzard/ DOTA fiasco have stipulated that they retain all ownership rights for any content made from their original game, so not sure if that applies here too as I haven't delved into it)

That being said, I don't object to your position in any way, I completely agree. I just use a few mods here and there but don't edit or do anything to them.

• him_15him_15 Registered Users Posts: 151
    Thx for the advices!
  • E_L_2E_L_2 Registered Users Posts: 173

Rewan said:

One of the creators of MTU used to make it, so I don't see why it's an issue if they decide to revitalize the mod?
  • TullyyyTullyyy Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

Cool thank you very much, only I see something badly.