Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sotek poison for Tehenhauin?

M3HowM3How Registered Users Posts: 115
As in topic. It could make him more interesting/viable.
Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
Grumpy Guard in-game

Comments

• EnergyzedEnergyzed Registered Users Posts: 441
    It could be a cool idea to rework his blade and grant him access to Sotek poison as an active.
  • vizareshvizaresh Registered Users Posts: 225
    Energyzed said:

It could be a cool idea to rework his blade and grant him access to Sotek poison as an active.

Sotek poison is really strong. It does at least 20 DPS. As a passive, it's going to be like a super Mortis engine effect.

• M3HowM3How Registered Users Posts: 115
    Tehenhauin is expensive beast caster with overpriced items. This poison would make him viable options vs infantry heavier matchups and maybe even engine of the gods (at least mount one) viable.

Not sure if his blade with aura of soteks poison would not be too strong tho...
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
    Grumpy Guard in-game
  • EnergyzedEnergyzed Registered Users Posts: 441
    vizaresh said:

Sotek poison is really strong. It does at least 20 DPS. As a passive, it's going to be like a super Mortis engine effect.

Thats why i said as an active and not a passive. But if it was a passive effect that imbued sotek posion to just Tehenhauin would it be that strong? Mortis effects are on an aoe, meanwhile if the blade just buffed Tehen it would only affect around max 1-3 units at a time. Not sure how would it be best implemented, but the idea seems great to me. Sotek´s blade is currently a really mediocre item and the introduction of Sotek´s poison seems a great oportunity to rework it and give Tehenhauin a niche on lizardmen roster.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,543
    Arc of Sotek needs its dmg tanned down and if this was as a passive on character it be OP.

If TEHENHAUIN even had it as an active he would be the best infantry killer lord in the game, what like 1000dmg on demand, i dont mind Tehenhauin get stronger poison though or even double the effects of poison in 30m aoe
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,437
    M3How said:

As in topic. It could make him more interesting/viable.

Only while on foot, or more or less as a "mount option" to replace the carpet of Jungle Swarms he's currently lacking.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,447
    I think as a passive it would be OP, but I support the idea of him getting that as an active. He’s the second worst LM legendary lord right now, he needs something to make him viable and an ability such as this could make him worth his absurdly high cost.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,073
    It would be extremely strong but might be balanceable. It would need a very long cooldown and high price