Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Problem with ingame mouse pointer - [Solution - customized windows mouse settings]

jbenvenutjbenvenut Junior MemberPosts: 9Registered Users
edited March 2012 in Total War Eras Support
My question is very simple. The only reason I don't know how to play the game is due to the fact that I can't see where my mouse is pointing at. Is there a special way to move around the game?

With Rome Total War I knew where I was going and what was I clicking on but with Medieval II I have problems trying to even starting the campaign because I can't see what I'm clicking at with the mouse. I practically have to guess wherever I'm going from the beginning.
Post edited by jbenvenut on

Comments

• StevenOStevenO Senior Member Posts: 912Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    You should be able to see a pointer. If you can't I'm afraid there is some kind of bug/error messing with your program. Is this pointer an issue on the campaign or battle map or both?

Although it is a pain you should be able to find and use hotkeys for many functions.
  • jbenvenutjbenvenut Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    It is an issue as soon as I open the game. I have to guess where the pointer could be located in order to begin playing the game. It is extremely confusing so I haven't played the game ever since I bought it about a month ago. Is there anyway to fix this bug or error?

I have no idea on what would be the hot keys or how to use them.
  • StevenOStevenO Senior Member Posts: 912Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I'm thinking you have a corrupted files somewhere although I can't say where.

It's been a while since I've played TWM2 but I may have a similiar issue. At times my cursor would go from the standard spear appearance into some barely recognizable blob and basically become impossible to see. If it's not an issue with the game it could be some kine of problem with the video card and/or video drivers. I know that when the issue shows up it seem the only way I can "fix" my view it to exit the program and at the very least suspend/sleep my computer because the issue reamians even in Windows.
    edited March 2012
    edited March 2012
    I still can't get the cursos to work... I have no idea what is going on with my game...
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Moved to Tech Support, please post your DxDiag report.
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • harrowharrow Senior Member Posts: 152Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Have you tried turning off trails in the mouse hardware settings or restoring to default? sometimes that can help :/
    edited March 2012
    Hmmm... I did change the mouse settings to do those things... Maybe that will do... Thanks and I'll let you know what happens
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited March 2012
    I have had somewhat similar problems with some older games (not TW though), that got fixed by changing the in-game screen resolution. You might give it a try through the settings.
    edited March 2012
    You are a genious! It actually worked... The problem was that I had the mouse settings customized to have a trail... Thank you!!
  • harrowharrow Senior Member Posts: 152Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    jbenvenut wrote: »
    You are a genious! It actually worked... The problem was that I had the mouse settings customized to have a trail... Thank you!!
    :D Great, well done it's a pleasure to help a fellow gamer in need (I know how frustrating it can be I spent months looking for a way to make my Empire TW work! months of sifting through forums :( ). Anyway I thought it might be a long shot tbh but I remember having this exact same problem with Medieval and Shogun 1, glad to see the same solution still works 10 years on lol

Now that you have fixed it how are you finding the game are you enjoying it ?
  • edub014edub014 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Turning off the mouse trails fix this issue for me.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.