Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Ghorgon is nonsenses weak! Buff please!

2»

Comments

• RamsoPanzerRamsoPanzer Registered Users Posts: 31
    I have my reasons to think they are pretty fine and any change would make them OP. Here some examples that prove how they can be a pain in the ass:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=NsscgZEydeA
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1-BZnlr1ukc
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ds51s9sFMMA
  • Kebab_manKebab_man Registered Users Posts: 565

Amonkhet said:

Keep in mind, Necrosphinxes are meant to be Anti-Large too; and Tomb Kings have a weaker frontline. So makes sense the Necrosphinx should be stronger.

To be honest, beastmen infantry is not exactly stellar either and very prone to terror, and they have not great missiles

so big Monsters are more of a problem for beastmen than for Tomb Kings, since they have more efficient tool to deal with like Ushabti greatbows or other missiles
    it's not amazing, but an ungor frontline is about twice the speed of a tombking frontline, so even if they tied in melee, it's still alway going to be beastmen favored, not to mention with how good beastmen chariots are, even without the chariot bug, they will almost certainly have a frontline advantage
  • GeneralConfusionGeneralConfusion Registered Users Posts: 1,099
    The Ghorgon is fine. Even in the video this thread started with - ie the video supposed to 'prove' that it sucks - you can literally watch it dumpstering Hellpit Abominations and beating Necrosphinxes pretty reliably.

It does lose to a couple of cheaper monsters, yes, but haven't we known for a long time that certain monsters do relatively better or worse against different targets, even targets in the same category? Not all 'big things' work the same way against all other big things. Based on its performance the Ghorgon looks perfectly fine to me.
  • Gilgamesh1Gilgamesh1 Registered Users Posts: 898
    saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

Keep in mind, Necrosphinxes are meant to be Anti-Large too; and Tomb Kings have a weaker frontline. So makes sense the Necrosphinx should be stronger.

To be honest, beastmen infantry is not exactly stellar either and very prone to terror, and they have not great missiles

so big Monsters are more of a problem for beastmen than for Tomb Kings, since they have more efficient tool to deal with like Ushabti greatbows or other missiles
    as @yst said BM never really had issues with large , and as for infantry tomb kings are just undead bad while BM are probably medium in quality not undead bad.

and also necrosphinx kind of loose to gorgon ror necrosphinkx gets deleted by ror gorgon.

jabber can straight up duel a war sphinnx on top of having a mortis engine and a AoE explosion so yeah you have nothing to complain ( honestly might need a price nerf)

only BM unit i think meh right now is bestigors but apart from that rest are good spot,
    Well, BM always struggled against SE, not large in general.

Jabberslythe Is actually super fine atm. has it's good MUs, and it's bad MUs, and i never seen him outperform its cost. He has strong animation, but what new Monster does not have It these days

The Ghorgon is fine. Even in the video this thread started with - ie the video supposed to 'prove' that it sucks - you can literally watch it dumpstering Hellpit Abominations and beating Necrosphinxes pretty reliably.

It does lose to a couple of cheaper monsters, yes, but haven't we known for a long time that certain monsters do relatively better or worse against different targets, even targets in the same category? Not all 'big things' work the same way against all other big things. Based on its performance the Ghorgon looks perfectly fine to me.

Hellpit abomination being cheaper and with true regen though, as well as other perks (too horrible to die...) and necro and shaggot having also other perks that are not seen in a straight up 1vs 1 duel, so It does not prove much.

I think it's decent atm, only thing i would change right now are his knockdown animation...he should Simply never fall like a Necrofex colossus or at least be way harder to knock. Hinders its performance like crazy
  • SettraDoesNotSimpSettraDoesNotSimp Registered Users Posts: 63
    on a side note, does anyone else think the ROR ghorgon is pretty expensive? yeah scaling damage is good but it's is main perk and does not really have a discount in cost like other ROR do. for example, the necrosphinx ROR does have a huge discount in gold (like 200+), probably has weaker benefits than scaling damage but still has flame and magical damage, fire resist, better stats (HP and MA) compared to a rank 9 sphinx.

i think its cost is a bit off...could use -50 at least and would still be one of the most expensive unit in the game
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625

on a side note, does anyone else think the ROR ghorgon is pretty expensive? yeah scaling damage is good but it's is main perk and does not really have a discount in cost like other ROR do. for example, the necrosphinx ROR does have a huge discount in gold (like 200+), probably has weaker benefits than scaling damage but still has flame and magical damage, fire resist, better stats (HP and MA) compared to a rank 9 sphinx.

i think its cost is a bit off...could use -50 at least and would still be one of the most expensive unit in the game

and it pretty much delete the ror necrosphinx so there is that, as i said only monster that can duel it and win on a regular basis is ror dread saurin that things 3800 some thing points

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• SettraDoesNotSimpSettraDoesNotSimp Registered Users Posts: 63
    saweendra said:

and it pretty much delete the ror necrosphinx so there is that, as i said only monster that can duel it and win on a regular basis is ror dread saurin that things 3800 some thing points
    it was just a feeling based on the fact that expensive ROR tend to have some price discount, like Sphinx ROR. i would need to make some tests because i am not that sure he can actually do THAT better compared to a ROR warsphinx. i won't say it's a bad unit, just think it's cost feels very high in comparison
    saweendra said:

Does the ROR beat a big Spider? Or the spider ROR? Because seeying how badly the vanilla variant lost It Is not so easy to believe.

And does the ROR beat any big unit that a ROR aphinx cannot beat?

I haven't run tests on that so i'm genuinely curious
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625
    edited July 2021

saweendra said:

Does the ROR beat a big Spider? Or the spider ROR? Because seeying how badly the vanilla variant lost It Is not so easy to believe.

Don't know haven't run that test.

but if i have to make a guess yes it probably does, though ror spider is way better utility.

Than both ror gorgon and ror sphinx because it has summon spider hatchlings.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Don't know haven't run that test.

but if i have to make a guess yes it probably does, though ror spider is way better utility.

Than both ror gorgon and ror sphinx because it has summon spider hatchlings.
    Well then it's not so Fair from you to claim that the ROR Beats everything if not really supported by data.

If i were home atm i would have run the testa myself...if you want to give It a try and then share the result It would be great, out of curiousity