Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ok guys, review the sieges this time?

toskyruntoskyrun Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 644
dear friends of the Bulgarian team,
the time has come: do you want to review the sieges, at least in historical mode?

let's talk: troy sieges are too arcade. albeit on multiple sides, climbing walls with invisible stairs is a good thing on Warhammer but not here.
now we have a historical modality: well let's make it special by giving the right value to sieges. make it difficult, remove the ghost stairs, re-enter a attrition mode not only for the besieged but also for the besiegers!
possibility of night lightning sorties!
after all we are talking about a single big siege that lasted 10 years ... and above all it would make the historical mode more attractive for those looking for a little more strategy.

Comments

• Eruner_SKEruner_SK Registered Users Posts: 170
    arrow shooting towers are the very first thing that should be talked about
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 18,947
    toskyrun said:

the time has come: do you want to review the sieges, at least in historical mode?

let's talk: troy sieges are too arcade. albeit on multiple sides, climbing walls with invisible stairs is a good thing on Warhammer but not here.
    now we have a historical modality: well let's make it special by giving the right value to sieges. make it difficult, remove the ghost stairs, re-enter a attrition mode not only for the besieged but also for the besiegers!
    after all we are talking about a single big siege that lasted 10 years ... and above all it would make the historical mode more attractive for those looking for a little more strategy.

how the hell thats a good thing in wh , thats bad one i hope they change in game 3

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 644
    saweendra said:

toskyrun said:

how the hell thats a good thing in wh , thats bad one i hope they change in game 3
    yes you're right it sucks even on Warhammer! :smiley: but I've never seen anyone complain too much
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,716
    toskyrun said:

saweendra said:

toskyrun said:

yes you're right it sucks even on Warhammer! :smiley: but I've never seen anyone complain too much
    Lmao we are complaining since WH1...what like 5 years now?
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,067
    edited July 2021
    I want soldiers falling from the walls. Some are being pushed and kicked on the edge of the wall. Some are being stabbed upon scaling the wall.

Attackers from siege towers must not always jump and land on wall if there are too much people fighting already on the wall. Most of the time, there are no more space and it is already crowded but the attackers keep on jumping creating mosh pit on the wall yet no one is still falling.
    Post edited by Jam#4399 on

toskyrun said:

saweendra said:

toskyrun said:

toskyrun said:

saweendra said:

toskyrun said:

okay, then let's say we all complain a little bit.
    about the post, interesting ideas are emerging:
    no ghost stairs
    attrition even for the besiegers
    turrets with archers
    soldiers falling from the walls
    resistance of the besieged by the wall
    other?

I hope someone from sophia will read and listen to us :smiley:
  • Shameless ImperialistShameless Imperialist Registered Users Posts: 65
    jamreal18 said:

I want soldiers falling from the walls. Some are being pushed and kicked on the edge of the wall. Some are being stabbed upon scaling the wall.

Attackers from siege towers must not always jump and land on wall if there are too much people fighting already on the wall. Most of the time, there are no more space and it is already crowded but the attackers keep on jumping creating mosh pit on the wall yet no one is still falling.

they cant even put an effort for soldiers to hit each other or die not as some looney tunes character, lol, what year you think it is, 2011?)
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 571
    Sieges have come up as a serious concern in every Total War game since Empire. The sad fact of the matter is that sieges do not work on this engine. Rome 2, Attila, Troy, etc. didn't even have real city settlements (asides from unique settlements like Rome, Constantinople, Troy, etc.) , but instead there are weird constructions that funnel enemies to attack in a specific direction via cliffs and the strategic placement of walls.

I never understood the point of invisible ladders or the lack of focus on the AI using siege weapons, but I imagine that they are workarounds that's the best the developers can do with the current engine.

It might take a change to a completely different game engine before we see any real solutions regarding sieges.
    look, I would be content to bring them back to Rome 2, at least for 2 points: no ghost stairs and attrition of armies.
    although the engine, as you have suggested, is that of WH I think these 2 changes can be done quite easily. then at the level of balance of the challenge, this I don't know. but I'm sure it can be done
  • Eruner_SKEruner_SK Registered Users Posts: 170
    okay guys, are you going to review Troy sieges?

can you give a summary of current Troy sieges, facts and exploits?