Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Would you like to see Napoleon's retailer specific units released as DLC?

Comments

• MivixxMivixx Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Well I think this should not be required... we are going to PAY for it. It is not like, we want it for free. And that is why I cannot understand this whole idea of getting attention and votes. Those units are ready, they just have to release them on steam, under the same conditions as they did previously (I hope they did not sign some contracts, that would make those units really exclusivity).

Is that really that much work ? I do not think so...(hope so)
    Are they afraid of not selling that many ? Well, look at DLCs today, they are making money...(lots of money)

So why ?? I do not understand, and I feel pretty bad about TW developers, they said it is SEGA problems. OK, but if they can release some blood pack for STW, why they cannot release this which could bring more money then some 2 dollars for that blood pack?

That is all I wanted to say...I was really looking forward to every TW game because devs really listened to the community (a very good and healthy community !) and all that good jazz. But now I feel pretty let down about support of their games, first blow was when they did not fix ETW co-op, which is for me and my friends unplayable. STW co-op is also broken and I get desync every time... ( maybe it is just me, but I did see a lot of posts saying the same). In NTW we do not have all units... I just feel like all their games from ETW are just not complete, and I wish they were, I would even buy DLCs ( I have all of them to this day, except blood pack) to support the game further, so they could release more patches. I do not want this to became another CoD, which comes out every year full of bugs and support dying after the next game comes out.

This was really something I wanted to say a long time ago.

Thx for reading, and I am curious to see what you guys think of this.

P.S. I usually do not post on forums, but I love TW series so much, I just had to do this, and express my opinion on this whole situation.
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Mivixx wrote: »
    I hope they did not sign some contracts, that would make those units really exclusivity

If they didn't, I'm quite sure we would have seen those units a long time ago.
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Ronn MossRonn Moss Banned Posts: 10Banned Users
    edited February 2012
    Unfortunately, we probably lost in this case............ :rolleyes:
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    I would love it if we did that spike thingy.

But we would have to make sure that not other "bigger" games were released in the same time period, then we would loose some of them ;).

We cannot give up, we have to keep on fighting.

Is it possible to email Amazon and the others who had the specials, and try to make them break (if it exists) the contract?
    edited March 2012
    Has anyone any idea what can we do ? :confused:
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    You can start of reading the last 2 pages in this thread :)
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

edited March 2012
    I do not believe it.... I have lost hope :mad:
  • BarnaleonBarnaleon Banned Posts: 34Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    We must tell Sega about what we want. It's our only chance. Players should have a complete version of Napoleon Total War ! :)
  • DennisDennis Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Yes please have the preorder unit release, not everyone had a chance to pre order the game and it would be better off to buy it legitimately instead of using mod or whatever
  • AdlerAdler Banned Posts: 1Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    We'll probably have to wait long for the missing DLC. CA and Sega are not interested in this. But we are Customers and we want it ! :D
  • da Mottada Motta Banned Posts: 124Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    Adler wrote: »
    We'll probably have to wait long for the missing DLC. CA and Sega are not interested in this. But we are Customers and we want it ! :D

Thas already tipical for several years.
  • DeinekarDeinekar Banned Posts: 2Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    Well, maybe someone will write us about it ... We are waiting too long. Number of votes is quite large as for this forum ! :D
    edited March 2012
    ^^ Are you serious? 200 votes is much with with +3000 active members?

• DeinekarDeinekar Banned Posts: 2Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    Maybe after the release of FOTS more users will be interested in this poll...............
  • xcmhxxcmhx Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    ^^ Are you serious? 200 votes is much with with +3000 active members?

oh and i think you need to stop posting in this topic because you obviously are against the idea for whatever reason so just leave everyone here alone to keep pleading this case. if you're that strongly opposed to the idea, then just smell the pretty flowers and quit antagonizing these poor souls.
  • Oi!UKOi!UK Banned Posts: 1Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    Players want this content !!!!!!!!!!!! Give us a little more time.......................... :p
    edited March 2012
    xcmhx wrote: »
    oh and i think you need to stop posting in this topic because you obviously are against the idea for whatever reason so just leave everyone here alone to keep pleading this case. if you're that strongly opposed to the idea, then just smell the pretty flowers and quit antagonizing these poor souls.

I'm simply trying to let the people that spams this thread(or whatever they might do) realise that they can't do anything. You can actually relate it to this new case of Kony2012 case. The public really wants something changed, but no matter how hard they try, and no matter how hard they share a video/thread nothing is being done because nothing can be done.

TL;DR: I'm posting here because I'm trying to convince people that are wasting their time.

• xcmhxxcmhx Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    it's their time to waste and they seem content in doing so. maybe you should stop wasting yours?
  • AngelAngel Banned Posts: 1Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    @DenmarkRules

The only waste of time was reading your post.
  • Acid_DrinkerAcid_Drinker Banned Posts: 2Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    @xcmhx

DenmarkRules do great job and all of you are fools.
    Nothing can be done, stop wasting your time and let this vote away.
    edited March 2012
    @xcmhx: I'll waste my time on whatever I want. This discussion sure is a waste of time, but I do have moments in my daily schedule where I simply have nothing else to do when I wait, so it's a proper waste of time.

@Angel: I'm sure you didn't waste your time at all spending time to make a profile for just posting that 1 sentence.

Also, enough off-topic for now. Write me a PM if there is more you want to complain to me about. Also, you can block me on your profile so you wont see my posts anymore. Just send me a PM if you want instructions on that :)

• K3rvusK3rvus Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I want the royal scots unit!!
    I hope CA make something for us!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
    edited March 2012
    Ok I was at CA's office yesturday and I raised this issue direct with Craig, Craig is well aware of this thread and the communities desire to obtain all of Napoleons unreleased DLC units and CA know that a lot of Total War fans are collectors and simply have to have every single unit in all of the games and are dissapointed themselves that the players havn't been able to do this with Napoleon.

With this in mind you'll be overjoyed to hear that CA have already decided on and authorised the release of Napoleon's DLC units and have now passed a request onto Sega to see if they are also happy to have them released and decide in which form the release can take place.

We are now just waiting for Sega to decide on the next step so keep your fingers crossed guys and hopefully we'll have some official news in the not too distant future.
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    What an excellent update Shire! Here's hoping that SEGA will also see things this way, and then we might finally get to see these units released. :)
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • EltonElton Banned Posts: 1Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • MivixxMivixx Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Good news indeed, hope we will see them soon, maybe before 23rd march ? :P (just kidding)
  • StingrayStingray Senior Member Posts: 104Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Shireknight, what a great bit of news......Let's hope that all the units are now released. :) ( and maybe just maybe they might make a few more :) )
    edited March 2012
    Battle of Kawagoe was added to the Limited Edition Shogun Total War 2 on purchased pre-order. Is there any chance that this historical battle has been released as Dlc on Steam ? :confused:
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 421Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Wonderful news! Thank you for asking Shireknight!
  • HadrianBTHadrianBT Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Great thanks to everybody who was helping in getting our pleas heard, especially to Shireknight! These are some great news indeed. As much as I am opposed to DLC in general, they are not going away any time soon in the game industry. So I'm very happy that CA is concerned with the issue of pleasing their fans regardless of whether they get sizeable profit from this. Now CA is matching the virtues of Valve in my eyes (regardless of the outcome, although I hope we do get those units released).