Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would You buy "Bronze age" DLC with new campaign map?

Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 609
Just speculation...

Same people ask for "bronze age mode" with Hitties, Egyptians etc

But the point is, that would require new campaign map covering larger area - including Egypt, Mesopotania, Asia minor

So would You buy this hypotetical DLC with new map and cultures like Egypt, Babylon, Hitties? For the price of "big" DLC - 20€?
Tagged:

Comments

• Lion_75Lion_75 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 58
    I guess there will be a mod covering this
    Veni Vidi Vici
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 609
    Lion_75 said:

I guess there will be a mod covering this

Mod can not change the campaign map
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 498
    although I am not a fan of the historical period, for 20/25 € I would definitely take it
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,322
    I just want a Bronze Age Toral War. Would love to play as The various bronze age empires old and older. Hittites, Babylonians, Sea people, phoenicians, persians, egypt, minoans or mycenaeans, akkadians assyrians, pretty much all of them.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,384
    @OP Bronze Age deserves its full title game and not as DLC.

...just my opinion

@gholin you forgot Sumerian and Mitani
  • PERICLES1789PERICLES1789 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 151
    Yes, if a DLC added a map or faction extension, I would be very interested in such an amount of prize. Likewise if a stand alone devoted to the wars of the Bronze Age were to be published subsequently.
  • Clsmith88Clsmith88 Registered Users Posts: 92
    I don't want what should be a full proper historical title to be maligned as a side, and likely to be abandoned, mode in a fantasyesque title built on the wh engine. To that end, I want Troy to stay as localized as possible, so only 'Lord Packs' going forward is my preference. I want a well thought out and executed Bronze Age game so much.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,302
    I'd prefer an Egyptian themed Total war be a standalone game with its own DLC and with faction packs and maybe go into a Mythos of its own if needed, because I want games to stay within its focus and avoid unconnected content just for the sake of adding more.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,275
    Not as DLC. As a major historical title, yes.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Scipii.
    BI: Romano-British, Sarmatians, Slavs.
  • Horus89Horus89 Registered Users Posts: 182
    Yes, but I'd rather have standalone game.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 857
    That would be cool!

Troy should be rougly same time as Ramese III? Ancient Egypt vs Lybia, Syria and Nubia. (With Mythos that would be double awesome.)
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 857
    RafSwi7 said:

Yes and no.

Bronze age would be better as a major standalone title than DLC. But next historical title should be Med3 or some TW:Pike&Shot.
  • AnastasiosAnastasios Registered Users Posts: 53
    I would prefer the Argonaut campaign or the descent of the Dorians.
  • Dalnar1983Dalnar1983 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 886
    Hmm Argonauts. Would require map up to Colchis :D
  • PERICLES1789PERICLES1789 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 151
    Loreguy said :
    Bronze age would be better as a major standalone title than DLC. But next historical title should be Med3 or some TW:Pike&Shot.

Yes both Med3 or a TW Pike&Shot would be great. At least a Med 2 remake (as Rome1) could be fine.

And after the success of Troy (download by the number and some favorable reviews) a total war stand alone dedicated to the Bronze Age could be eagerly awaited.
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 1,934
    I would.

Because this is the best possible game to do that sort of thing for.

Because CA should really give their Sophia team a bigger budget to turn Troy into a Total War: Bronze Age.

Because not only could we get a sort of Age of Mythology TW, but also get a historical game all in one.

What's not to love about that idea.
  • Tomoe93Tomoe93 Registered Users Posts: 21
    It seems to me that Hittites are already in the game. It's the Trojans.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,826
    Tomoe93 said:

It seems to me that Hittites are already in the game. It's the Trojans.

Except they're counted as Pelasgians rather than Anatolian.

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,049
    Yes a total war not just with mycenes but also minoans, hittites, egyptians, assyrians and various other bronze age cultures would be something I would be fond off. Honestly when troy was announced to be semi historical, I thought of a bronze age TW
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
    RafSwi7 said:

This is good point, if the "Bronze age" could be major title or DLC campaign

I am sure, many would do not like this -opinion- but I do not really think, that the Bronze Age Warfare and Era have has that much potential , like to develop another DLCs , what would bring something new to the main game, what would not be interesting only for historical enthusiasts

For me the DLC campaign in style of "Age of Charlemagne" would be enough - new proper campaign map and factions

But I do want to claim, it should be in this way.. This is discussion and speculation anyway

The potential "Bronze Age" campaign map

Age of Empires 1 was my first "historical" game, so I would like to see campaign with Hitties, Greeks, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians
    Lotor12 said:

Age of Empires 1 was my first "historical" game, so I would like to see campaign with Hitties, Greeks, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians

Nice map dude.

I really do think that CA should give their Sophia team more money so they can expand Troy into being a full Bronze Age TW game.

Lotor12 said:

Nice map dude.

I really do think that CA should give their Sophia team more money so they can expand Troy into being a full Bronze Age TW game.
    I'd rather have Bronze Age as its own game rater than be dlc for Troy
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 2,141
    Bronze age being probably my least favorite part of history. Rather have ca focus on medieval 3 and all it’s expansions than some mythos fantasy game. I realize that this will be a very unpopular opinion in this section of the forum but I won’t be buying it on steam.
    jamreal18 said:

Well, I was more so talking about CA allowing their Sophia team to turn Troy into a Bronze Age TW than just making it a basic DLC or something like that.

I think that they could potentially give us both a Age of Mythology TW and Bronze Age TW all in one if they expand Troy a lot.
    edited August 17

jamreal18 said:

Well, I was more so talking about CA allowing their Sophia team to turn Troy into a Bronze Age TW than just making it a basic DLC or something like that.

I think that they could potentially give us both a Age of Mythology TW and Bronze Age TW all in one if they expand Troy a lot.
    Why should they still work with Troy if they want to make Bronze Age?

Troy is about Illiad while Bronze Age is about different civilizations.

If they will make Bronze Age therefore it is not about Siege of Troy and Helen anymore which the game is all about.
    jamreal18 said:

Why should they still work with Troy if they want to make Bronze Age?

Troy is about Illiad while Bronze Age is about different civilizations.

If they will make Bronze Age therefore it is not about Siege of Troy and Helen anymore which the game is all about.

Well, I do think that they could turn Troy into a Bronze Age TW as well.

They could just expand the game to go beyond just being about Troy.

Besides, with all 3 modes of play, that'd give a lot of people a lot of stuff to play around with if it was greatly expanded to other cultures as well.

My point is, that they could turn Troy into a Bronze Age TW, which could end up being like 3 games in one.
    @VikingHuscal1066 Bronze Age shouldn't have Achilles or Illiad Characters.

How will Assyrians, Mitani, Babylonians, Sumerians, Phoenicians, Akaidians, etc... going to interact with Illiad Characters?
  • redburdredburd Registered Users Posts: 107
    I would only be interested in this if it went full fantasy. I already have rome total war I am not interested in a slight variation of that.
    edited August 18
    jamreal18 said:

@VikingHuscal1066 Bronze Age shouldn't have Achilles or Illiad Characters.

How will Assyrians, Mitani, Babylonians, Sumerians, Phoenicians, Akaidians, etc... going to interact with Illiad Characters?

Maybe, but I do think that this game is the best and probably only chance we'll have to actually see both a Bronze Age and Age of Mythology TW game, and all in one to boot.

But I think that they could just simply make the Iliad characters faction leaders for their factions.

It's easier than trying to remove them or create a entirely new game.